Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Requested] How do you reset the seat position?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

[Requested] How do you reset the seat position?

I was wondering what you do go reset your seating position back to default as I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks for the help!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Bump to try and receive an answer

Superkart Pilot

I've been trying to figure out a way to reset the camera myself, but have so far come out empty handed.

Also checked their manual, but couldn't find anything useful: https://www.projectcarsgame.com/02-o...s.html?lang=en

I'm not affected by this when racing in VR since I can just hit my quick reset key, but isn't there supposed to be something similar for regular use?

Platform
    PC
    Try using the number 5 from the numpad..
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Zampatti View Post
    Try using the number 5 from the numpad..
    I hit the "reset to default" controls and tried numpad 5 and it doesn't work.

Edit: tested on keyboard, gamepad and wheel layout.
    Last edited by Raklodder; 20-10-2017 at 04:47.

Platform
    XBOX1
    If I change the FOV number in the main menu before hitting start to go to a race session it goes back to default seat position. I know that because I cuss that I have to click my D pad 100 times all over again.
    Last edited by kevin kirk; 20-10-2017 at 05:05.

Superkart Pilot

I take it back, it does affect me in VR and I've to wounder why there isn't a faster way to recenter your camera? Was this a design oversight or is the mapped key "numpad 5" not working?

It's definitely more troublesome when driving regularly in non-vr if you accidentally screw up your camera and have to manually center it back to default with a hundred clicks.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    There is an unmapped recenter view command available in settings. Go into control settings and search. Mine was unbound. There are options for centre view on boot and race start, as well.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    In 'Edit Assignments' third up from the bottom there is 'Center VR Headset'
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    In 'Edit Assignments' third up from the bottom there is 'Center VR Headset'
    It's already mapped, check my video (notice how my view changes at the 25s mark) the problem I'm referring to occurs when you change your camera, up, down, left and right, etc. and doesn't seem to be affected by the "center vr headset" key at all. You can of course change it manually, but it's tedious and takes time (notice how I move my camera at the 42s mark) if there was a way to reset both with a single push of a button, I would be forever grateful.