Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Requested] How do you reset the seat position?

Banned
    I've actually been having the opposite problem where my seat positions all get reset every few days and I have to move them back. I have to press "A" like literally 60-70 times in each car to get it to the right place. So if I do rallycross online for instance, usually my seat has been reset and I'm pretty much spending the whole race looking over at my keyboard and mashing A and I still don't ever get it right. And even doing this when there's time in the pits it feels like I'm doing a marathon.

It's to the point where my wrists legitimately ache from hitting A so many times. It's just silly. Hope this is included in a patch.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think bindings vary from Control device to device.

I personally bound it to r2 on my g29.
    Main rig: Asus ROG - strix z370, i7 8700k, MSI 1080ti gaming x, 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
    Logitech g533 headset. 32" ultrawide - Oculus Rift CV1.
    Wheel: G29
    Flight controls: Virpil t50 mongoose - TH Warthog throttle - CH pro throttle - MFG Crosswind.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Krus Control View Post
    I've actually been having the opposite problem where my seat positions all get reset every few days and I have to move them back. I have to press "A" like literally 60-70 times in each car to get it to the right place. So if I do rallycross online for instance, usually my seat has been reset and I'm pretty much spending the whole race looking over at my keyboard and mashing A and I still don't ever get it right. And even doing this when there's time in the pits it feels like I'm doing a marathon.

It's to the point where my wrists legitimately ache from hitting A so many times. It's just silly. Hope this is included in a patch.
    How is that possible to have the opposite problem !

After searching on the forum, this is my conclusion :
    - NEVER MAP the seat camera action (because you will never been able to reset them, I had to delete my savegame in the steam cloud for that...)
    - Use the shortcut ctrl+k to enter in a special mode : you can move up/down/forward/backward (Q,S,D,E for azerty keyboard), it is faster than step by step
    - Use the shortcut ctrl+k again to enter in a second special mode : same keys but you can move left and right
    - Use the shortcut ctrl+k again to exit this special mode

When you exit a session and start a new one the seat position is reset to the initial position (nothing is save).
    When you're in special mode you can use numpad #5 to reset to the inital seat position.

I don't get why all this isn't expain in the control menu... (never played PC1, launch PC2 for the first time yesterday)
    But having an option to reset the seat position would be so much better !
    Last edited by poumpoum; 02-11-2017 at 22:20.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I've put in a request for an option to reset seat to default position.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following 6 users likes this Post: apey75, jan.ringas, poirqc, Ryori San, Schumi-, Tar Heel

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Thank you !

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you I appreciate it!
    Ryzen 1700 @3.8ghz|16GBs RAM @2933mhz|EVGA SC2 Hybrid 1080ti|1TB Samsung 960 EVO|250GB Samsung SSD|480GB SanDisk SSD
    1TB WD HDD|750w 80+ gold EVGA G3 PSU|Dell 27" 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor|Fanatec V2.5|Fanatec Formula Carbon Rim|Fanatec V3 Pedals|TH8A Shifter|Fanatec Handbrake

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    After messing about with FOV and seating positions i now need to reset alot of cars can someone tell me how you reset? Do i need to assign a button to it?
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    After messing about with FOV and seating positions i now need to reset alot of cars can someone tell me how you reset? Do i need to assign a button to it?
    Anyone?
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

Superkart Pilot
    Has there been any progress made with your request?

Platform
    PS4
    I'd like to know myself.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333