Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Force Feedback gets very weak after one lap

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by spacepadrille View Post
    @Bradleyland : very useful comment, thanks !

I experienced also some ffb settings where the clipping occurs and is shown by the widget. But it happens that you feel you are obviously clipping and the widget reflects nothing...
    There is more than one reason FFB forces may go "flat". Clipping is only one of them. The widget can only show you clipping, it can't show the other issues (like when Fy drowns out other forces).
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | FANATEC CSL Elite | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3
    The following user likes this Post: spacepadrille

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thank you Bradleyland for your very helpful answers!

It really seems, like the wheel is broken. I will contact the support again and hope they will send me a new one.

I ordered an usb ventilator from amazon, which I plan on taping to the side of the wheel. I hope that it sucks out the hot air (or maybe it is smarter to blow in fresh, cold air?) to prevent the FFB from weakening.
    It is a 12cm x 12cm ventilator so I hope it will get the job done, while I wait for an answer from the support.

Platform
    PC
    The air flow inside might be prone to heat (due to spread) hot air into other components. I'd rather take the hot air from inside especially in summer where ambient temps can't be high(er)
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 8600K@5GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-p
    | RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 GoodRam Iridium 2400Mhz | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL887 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueValue View Post

It really seems, like the wheel is broken. I will contact the support again and hope they will send me a new one.

I ordered an usb ventilator from amazon, which I plan on taping to the side of the wheel. I hope that it sucks out the hot air (or maybe it is smarter to blow in fresh, cold air?) to prevent the FFB from weakening.
    It is a 12cm x 12cm ventilator so I hope it will get the job done, while I wait for an answer from the support.
    just saw these and they look like they would work great

https://www.amazon.com/ELUTENG-Compu...pSrc=srch&th=1
    PS4 / T300 RS / T3PA PRO's / TH8A / DX RACER WHEELSTAND

EXCUSE MY BAD ENGLISH , I'M AMERICAN

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
    There is more than one reason FFB forces may go "flat". Clipping is only one of them. The widget can only show you clipping, it can't show the other issues (like when Fy drowns out other forces).
    Right.
    PS4 pro - T300RS - T3PA-Pro - TH8A shifter - Alfa Romeo 147 leather seat - Homemade cockpit - Happy Driver My PC1 FFB settings - PC2 settings INFO 75 33 60 30 (this is not my phone number)

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Just a word of caution. The T300 already contains a fan, so you'll want to make absolutely certain that you position that 12cm fan to work with the existing fan, not against it.

You can see the way the fan works in this YouTube video (skip to 2:40 to see the inside).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmmdA_4z_ak

It looks like the fan is situated to push air from left to right through the T300. This means that the vents on the left are intake, and the vents on the right are outflow. When you position your fan, make sure that it is correctly oriented to compliment this airflow.

IMO, the case design of the T300 is not at all suited for an external fan. If you are going to do anything, I would make a 120mm duct from a cereal box, and force air IN on the left hand side. Making a duct that fits the T300 case is going to be really tough though. If you're operating it in a cool environment (around 24C), then there really shouldn't be any need for additional cooling.
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | FANATEC CSL Elite | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3
    The following user likes this Post: diesel97

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yes your T300 is jacked. I had the exact same problem. I sent mine into thrustmaster after the usual round around (update firmware, turn autofan on, etc.) and then they sent it back with no explanation. Their results was they could not find the problem... yea because you have to play it for more than 5 minutes.

So basically my experience with thrustmaster support is terrible. They take forever to get back to you. This round trip took me about 4 months.

My solution ultimately was to turn the FFB way down, hook up and external fan and never buy thrustmaster again.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel97 View Post
    just saw these and they look like they would work great

https://www.amazon.com/ELUTENG-Compu...pSrc=srch&th=1
    That is exactly the one I ordered. It will arrive tomorrow and I will tell you my experience.

@bradleyland Thank you again, I will keep it in mind when I place the fan. Originally I wanted to buy a 8cmx8cm fan but the usb cable was too short.

Yesterday I plugged my Wheel to the PC and saw, that you can change some settings. I changed the Force Feedback from 70 to 100% and lowered it in the game, which seems to work a little better.
    Does anyone have some good settings for this? I do not know what damper saturation means f.e , it was 100% before, I turned it down to 10.
    Maybe if I change some of the settings here the problem will also be a bit better?

The possible settings are:

FFB in general:
    Konstant:
    Periodic:
    Dampers?
    Damper Saturation.

Advice would be appreciated. Thank you all in general for all the tips you gave me!
    The following user likes this Post: diesel97

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    That is exactly the one I ordered. It will arrive tomorrow and I will tell you my experience.

@bradleyland Thank you again, I will keep it in mind when I place the fan. Originally I wanted to buy a 8cmx8cm fan but the usb cable was too short.

Yesterday I plugged my Wheel to the PC and saw, that you can change some settings. I changed the Force Feedback from 70 to 100% and lowered it in the game, which seems to work a little better.
    Does anyone have some good settings for this? I do not know what damper saturation means f.e , it was 100% before, I turned it down to 10.
    Maybe if I change some of the settings here the problem will also be a bit better?

The possible settings are:

FFB in general:
    Konstant:
    Periodic:
    Dampers?
    Damper Saturation.

Advice would be appreciated. Thank you all in general for all the tips you gave me!
    If you are playing on the PS4 all those settings mean nothing, they reset as soon as you plug it in the PS4. Those settings only work for PC gaming.
    PS4 / T300 RS / T3PA PRO's / TH8A / DX RACER WHEELSTAND

EXCUSE MY BAD ENGLISH , I'M AMERICAN
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bradleyland, spacepadrille

Platform
    PC
    Informative and Immersive FFB flavors contain an 'autoscale' feature which lowers forces to automatically prevent clipping. It's supposed to operate after the first one or two laps, so that's probably why your forces are falling off at that point. This scaling operates on each different car you drive, but you should only notice this the first time you drive each one. Yorkie's latest video covers this in detail.
    Last edited by eracerhead; 16-11-2017 at 13:35.
    ...because simcar

Gearbox: i7-8700k @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z370 M5 | MSI GTX1080Ti (OC) | G.SKILL 32Gb DDR4 (XMP) | Kraken x52 AIO cooler | Win10 Pro | CrewChief | VoiceAttack

Chassis: SimLab TR1 | NRG FRP-300 | CSW v2.5, Universal Hub | CSP v3 | Oculus Rift CV1 | LG 34" ultrawide

The following 4 users likes this Post: bradleyland, diesel97, Roger Prynne, spacepadrille