Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monza Monza and more Monza

Platform
    PS4

Monza Monza and more Monza

What is it with everyone and this track? There are at least 4 people (GT3) I have seen who only run this circuit...

First corner chaos? Check
    Boring long straights? Check
    Ability for cutting and no penalty? Check

Can anyone who is in love with this track try and explain it to me because I must be missing something. For example the S's at Silverstone and S1 of COTA are feel so much better when you get them right.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I love Monza and always surprised st the boring comments it gets, not the most challenging perhaps but still huge variety online in people's times.

As for online rules I'm always checking penalties are on and I rarely join anything not D+ to avoid first corner clowns,

Ciccina2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Colburnnn View Post
    What is it with everyone and this track? There are at least 4 people (GT3) I have seen who only run this circuit...

Can anyone who is in love with this track try and explain it to me because I must be missing something. For example the S's at Silverstone and S1 of COTA are feel so much better when you get them right.
    Because it is an easy track and you have huge space for overtaking.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Maybe some people still have issues saving new setups and just keep racing on one track where they have a good setup for that specific car? I remember that right from the beginning poeple were already racing a lot at Monza, perhaps due to it being a rather easy track setupwise...

Platform
    PC
    I like lots of tracks in this game, and Monza is definitely one of them. I guess it appeals to my inner Neanderthal - stomping on the gas and brake pedals for seconds on end, hearing the engine roar for most part of the track. There's also something special about driving on a track with so much heritage. While it's definitely an easy track to learn in terms of layout, I wouldn't consider it less because of that. While it may lack the emphasis on driving lines, there's valuable time to be gained by simply being ballsy and going through corners/chicanes on the edge between grip and flying off.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Monza is for noobs. Just look at the track. Skilled players drive Nordschleife, California or Azure Coast.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by pCARS1Player View Post
    Monza is for noobs. Just look at the track. Skilled players drive Nordschleife, California or Azure Coast.
    Monza is good for beginners. However, that doesn't mean it's an easy track to master.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    The only gripe I have with Monza is that the combined oval/road course circuit includes a chicane at the beginning of the Nordkurve. I know these chicanes were added in real life but I wish they weren’t included in this game. I’d much prefer the original layout which was flat out and frightening.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Colburnnn View Post

Add me on PSN: chopz .... there are a few of us who feel the same way. I've been gathering a nice little group of drivers who prefer technical tracks.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyqprw12 View Post
    I love Monza and always surprised st the boring comments it gets, not the most challenging perhaps but still huge variety online in people's times.

As for online rules I'm always checking penalties are on and I rarely join anything not D+ to avoid first corner clowns,

Trust me I spend a lot of time making sure pens and all that jazz are on.

I have seen multiple people straight line the first chicane (hugging the wall on the left) and not get penalised, even when they are on.