Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time Trials noone can access

WMD Member

Time Trials noone can access

Because the 'ELO' (It's not a true ELO because it's not 0-sum) hasn't had enough time to spread out, why have you put on time trails that are impossible for most people to participate in? Besides there being no reason to restrict time trails in the first place, the highest tiers are currently way beyond what anyone has unless they have been exploiting the system.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: FuriousDemon, OperatorWay, Pixelchaser, Rheyza

Banned
    Or they could just be changed to reasonable numbers like 1600 and 1700 instead of 2000 and 4000. Seems like an easy fix to me and I don't know why it's been left like this.

Hey there,

Ever since launch we've been monitoring the Competitive Racing License in order to ensure that the progression/regression of Skill Rating points is fair, and that the spread of players within each Tier is healthy.

The Bronze, Silver, Gold events are a testbed therefore allowing us gauge how many of those players are eligible for them and then choose to participate in them.

As you say, the Tier bands that are present right now appear to be too high and we will be making adjustments both to the Skill Rating system and future events based off this, in order to ensure a balanced special program in future.

Platform
    PC
    Surely you must be able to see from the back-end system if there are any persons who have 4000 skill points (my guess is that there are none).. are there even any 2000 point people around (again, my guess is there are a hand full or none).
    "EA Sports! It's in the crates!" - DammitSinged
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Banned
    Somebody already set a time in the silver 2000 trial have a look. And there's somebody on my friends list that's probably going to make it in this week. But 4000, there is just absolutely zero chance of somebody being at 4000 in my mind. Or maybe somebody wants to come forward and prove me wrong. I guess it is technically possible.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
    Surely you must be able to see from the back-end system if there are any persons who have 4000 skill points (my guess is that there are none).. are there even any 2000 point people around (again, my guess is there are a hand full or none).
    it would help if you did not lose about 50pts on disconnection/sync error and you only get about 5pts for a win....
    XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
    CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Monitor: Lg 24'' 1920*1080 Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Logitech G27, TrackIr5
    Case: Cooler Master 690
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Bobbydakid, menos, plabersins, Rheyza, SlowBloke, w0rthy

Platform
    PC
    We have our first official A2000+ fella. Congratulations to EatMyFanatec90!
    Last edited by AEIDOLONE; 21-10-2017 at 23:47.

Banned
    This is strange if you look at EatMyFanatec90's score now it says A1770. Before it was A2002. I doubt he lost 232 points today. And I don't think this guy cheated because I've raced him and he's definitely good enough to have broken 2000. Would be a shame if he boosted his score. So I don't know if it's showing the wrong score now or it was before but this strikes me as odd.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I think it's almost not possible to reach 2000+ rating in current state of multiplayer.
    Current rating system is completely messed up, and it's exploitable.

And you can still get skill rating (number part of rating) by wrecking people and ignoring safety then get podium.
    Is neccesery to reward to wreckers? (I don't think all people who has high skill rating are wreckers)
    Why there's no reward to people who keep safety?

I think it's completely wrong that e-sports events restricts by skill rating.
    Sportsmanship always should be appraise higher than speed.
    Last edited by palm3r; 22-10-2017 at 09:29.
    The following user likes this Post: TorTorden

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I agree, it would be a great way to encourage higher safety ratings by restricting esports by safety rating rather than skill
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Brado23, palm3r, TorTorden