Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time Trials noone can access

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Campo675 View Post
    oh trust me, i have tried that on many ocasions... but for some reason always sit in the lobby alone or maybe 2 or 3 guys would join now and then. mostly i have to close the lobby and join another lobby. I have had some good races, but its not just the unrated lobbies with trolls. in fact, somebody said something on a youtube stream the other night that was very true. Said he is more careful of guys with D and up ratings as they have buffers to play around with, they can afford to have contact now and then to win a race or ensure a podium. so yeah... it would have been epic if your advice was accurate
    Oh really? So actually the only ones to stay away from are those with high SR lol I really have no patience anymore with such ignorant statements. How people can create such false narratives, is beyond me.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    Oh really? So actually the only ones to stay away from are those with high SR lol I really have no patience anymore with such ignorant statements. How people can create such false narratives, is beyond me.
    dude, where in the "statement" do I state that the ONLY ones to stay away from are those with high SR? maybe you don't have patience anymore because you take things up wrong

Platform
    XBOX1
    dude, where in the "statement" do I state that the ONLY ones to stay away from are those with high SR? maybe you don't have patience anymore because you take things up wrong
    I don't know how to say it in english, but sometimes you exaggerate to draw the attention on an issue or to point it out. His literal statement isn't any better that my exaggeration. But yeah, be careful with the guys with high SR, it might be unsafe to race them.

Superkart Pilot
    oh trust me, i have tried that on many ocasions... but for some reason always sit in the lobby alone or maybe 2 or 3 guys would join now and then. mostly i have to close the lobby and join another lobby. I have had some good races, but its not just the unrated lobbies with trolls. in fact, somebody said something on a youtube stream the other night that was very true. Said he is more careful of guys with D and up ratings as they have buffers to play around with, they can afford to have contact now and then to win a race or ensure a podium. so yeah... it would have been epic if your advice was accurate
    Thats a rather strange comment indeed.

From my experience with PC2 online racing (exclusively public servers so far) I had the bet races with clean and competitive driving with servers full of S, A and B license holders.
    It takes effort to get to those licenses. Very rarely have I experienced dirty driving from such people, not just as all S,A and B license holders are such good people but simply because these people usually accumulate on certain servers and the bad sheep are swiftly sorted out and kicked.
    Curiously though up to now these people usually gather on the odd F1200 or even U1000 servers around but the sorting out of bad guys on these servers does work with a good moderator around.

From my experience servers with low rating and full of U and F license holders are the ones clearly to be avoided.
    If you absolutely have to get your racing fix and those are the only ones around and you are too impatient to wait for people getting on your own C+ server, just enter the wrecking kids server, do not qualify, race from the back of the grid, watch the explosions happening while avoiding the wrecks and race on the podium from then after while always watching your mirrors for potential dive bomb wreckers and being patient passing inexperienced, slower drivers.

It works - it's not pretty and certainly not the racing I enjoy the most.

I also started to simply move my former offline setup sessions online. I create a server with an A1250 (or slightly lower if I want another participant should someone be interested) and simply run qualifying and short races to collect data and build my setups or even learn tracks I don't know.

Usually one to three other racers will join now and then and as of the rating these small races usually are good fun, even not with a full field.
    I also started a few of those servers recently with filling up the empty field with AI drivers set to a low 90% skill (so they usually end up in the back with people joining) but it fills the grid and makes for a more "racy" feeling.

I also do have to mention that as atrocious the AI was at launch day, it has been heavily improved since then and if you set aggression to 0% and up their skill above 90% they do make for some good fun.

Regarding your comment: I have never encountered a serious racer who went by the philosophy of racing dirty as his/her higher level license or skill is expandable. This is the most stupid idea I have ever heard.
    This attitude is just not how racers think - at least to me entirely foreign and people I race with.

When you reach a certain level as a racer you simply want to race, win, compete, be better. Winning by racing dirty is not something you would accept. This is not playing first person shooters. There is a certain etiquette that goes along with developing yourself as a racer.
    I have not encountered such people yet in serious online racing.

I have seen this behavior plenty though with beginners or people who do "cross gaming" coming from playing video game shooters and entering racing simulators without prior contact to motor sports, hence missing certain education about behavior on the track.
    Usually those kids are quickly sorted out though. They usually fail to achieve (and loose interest) or when they learn and become faster they indeed pick up the lay of the land along the way.

One such individual I have raced with a lot. He came from playing FPS online and the first time he ever heard about racing games was less than a year ago. He is quick and very talented and within just the last few months has picked up speed to challenge the resident Alien drivers usually on those servers I race. He was pushy and ruthless (a bit like Verstappen if you will) but has learned what is and what is not acceptable and still gets quicker.

So … find those servers full with B+ license holders (often on the usual E and F public servers) and stick around or make your own high ranked server and race with the odd human participant either alone or against a field of AI.

I hope at a point in the near future there will be more ABC servers, no more unrated servers and much improved behavior online.
    PC should have shipped with a offline driving school, teaching complete beginners what is and what is not acceptable in racing, forcing them also to earn that U license (before earning it: no online racing).
    Also earning a certain license level should unlock the faster racing cars to race online.
    A U license holder who picked up racing games recently just simply shouldn't be racing GT3 cars but first should learn his perks in 1.6L touring cars or Formula Ford.
    The standard of driving on the GT3 servers from beginners is often truly hair raising. I am sure if these kids would be forced to earn their online racing license to be able to run in faster cars the standards would be much better.
    Last edited by menos; 11-01-2018 at 13:16.
    Asus ROG 370E Gaming | Intel i7 8700K | 32GB Kingston HyperX 3600 | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Ti | Win 10 64-bit | 5760 x 1080 @ 60 Hz | Triple Screen
    The following user likes this Post: rich1e I

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the long reply, was fun to read and see your opinion. I agree that the majority of high rating players are safe, but I have many saved replays that show that it’s definitely not all of them.

Also, maybe I just have had really bad luck up until this point. Today was the very first time that I was in a server that had fast guys with high skill levels and safety ratings. Ironically the server was an E rating, so wasn’t that high actually. But what I experienced today in that lobby race after race was the first time since I have started playing PC2. I have had great safe races but it’s usually only one or two every now and then. Think we had between 7-9 races (can’t remember exactly how many) in that lobby today, and they were all great! I ranked up with from I think 1515 to 1607. So perhaps I finally experienced what you guys experience on a more regular basis.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: menos, rich1e I

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Oh and filling up with AI is actually not a bad idea... i tend to not do it because they were so bad, but if they have improved then I will give it a go

Superkart Pilot
    I am glad you had a good experience.
    Basically look inside the full servers (10-20 players), check on the majorities rating (if it is B or better with the majority), stick around for a few races and see how the moderator handles people.

Good servers you usually smell after one or two races. Bad ones stick out quickly too.

Stay away from servers will with U and F players.

Also pay attention to players who have a very high skill rating but very bad safety rating (U, F, E, D, …) - (way above 1500 is high - currently the good, fast A and S players have skill ratings in the ~1600 - 1800).

When you have raced a lot of events (and maybe have already a silver, gold or even rainbow colored batch, signifying that you raced a lot) and have a bad safety rating you have no business in racing online and one should stay clear from such people.

When you have a very high skill rating AND a bad safety rating (i.e. E1748) you are a racer is involved in A LOT of incidents (meaning taking high risks) but win races.

Just understand the combinations of ratings and the reason behind that and you are good ;-)
    Asus ROG 370E Gaming | Intel i7 8700K | 32GB Kingston HyperX 3600 | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Ti | Win 10 64-bit | 5760 x 1080 @ 60 Hz | Triple Screen
    The following user likes this Post: rich1e I