Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time Trials noone can access

Banned
    Okay I took a look at EatMyFanatec90's diver stats. This guy did NOT make it over 2000. He only has 121 logged race wins and 164 total podiums. Just to get from 1800 to 2000 would take more race wins and podiums than that.

The guy boosted his score to post a time 100%.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Krus Control View Post
    Okay I took a look at EatMyFanatec90's diver stats. This guy did NOT make it over 2000. He only has 121 logged race wins and 164 total podiums. Just to get from 1800 to 2000 would take more race wins and podiums than that.

The guy boosted his score to post a time 100%.
    Pleeeease let it not be the first cheaters...

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Tudor View Post
    Hey there,

Ever since launch we've been monitoring the Competitive Racing License in order to ensure that the progression/regression of Skill Rating points is fair, and that the spread of players within each Tier is healthy.

The Bronze, Silver, Gold events are a testbed therefore allowing us gauge how many of those players are eligible for them and then choose to participate in them.

As you say, the Tier bands that are present right now appear to be too high and we will be making adjustments both to the Skill Rating system and future events based off this, in order to ensure a balanced special program in future.
    So these community events were eSport qualifier events if I am not mistaken. Where do you actually qualify for and which position in the end ranking do you need to qualify? Or were these events just a testbed for future real qualifier events?

Official SMS Esports
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRacerAce View Post
    So these community events were eSport qualifier events if I am not mistaken. Where do you actually qualify for and which position in the end ranking do you need to qualify? Or were these events just a testbed for future real qualifier events?
    As Andy said, those events are just a test bed for us to check some things with the Competitive Racing License system. We'll be using the information we've learned to make some adjustments to the system in upcoming game updates.
    ---------------------
    Project CARS Esports Staff
    projectcarsesports.com
    The following 4 users likes this Post: AEIDOLONE, ironik, palm3r, Siberian Tiger

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Project CARS Esports View Post
    As Andy said, those events are just a test bed for us to check some things with the Competitive Racing License system. We'll be using the information we've learned to make some adjustments to the system in upcoming game updates.
    I'd say it need some adjustments.

I hosted a lobby yesterday and had 6 of my buddies in it and 3-4 random people. I have between 1600 and 1700 points and the others had 1300-1400 points. My friends are really good drivers but have been getting bluescreens or getting disconnected and therefore lost a lot of points. If I didn't win the race I would lose points, up to 15 points depending on where I finished but winning only net me 1 or 2 points. Seeing how few people I've raced that actually have 1500+ points I don't think you should get punished when you at least get a podium.

At least I haven't been booted from more than 2-3 races yet and managed to build up quite a few points in the first few days the game was released so I'm still over 1600, but the last week I've only gone down.
    PS4 Pro
    T300rs - T3PA - STAND built out of MDF
    55" Sony Bravia KDL55W805
    PSVR
    eagerly awaiting support from PCars 2

Platform
    PC
    Indeed...

I mean it's nice to know sms is watching and tweaking it at the moment. Happy to see the guys keep working on the game to improve it!

Guess the system would be best if it was elo based. Friend and 1 had a 1on1 race, I spun and got dnf'd. Lost 29 points, he gained 12. 17 point lost in nirvana... at the moment it looks like the trend goes down, less and less points being a available. I fear that at some point having a score of 10 means you're an alien. :P but I am sure sms will have tweaked the system by that time.

Superkart Pilot
    The point system currently is extremely unfair.
    I am a very clean driver and simply back out in any situation that might to contact I get taken out by very aggressive drivers or even taken out purposely a lot.
    The usual mode is that I qualify in the top 5 on many public servers, make it often just past turn 1 and latest by turn 2 someone smashes into me or spins me around.

I was working towards my S license and was finally about to get the first time to 1500 again when a series of foul servers full with crash people smashed those points up to sub 1400 again.

I had several times DNF’s because someone smashed into me and turned me on my roof, on one server was a U1500 driver who deliberately waited for peopleto crash into them, he took me out, crashed several times into me until my car was undrivable.

It is EXTREMELY frustrating that clean and competitive driving earns you so little but suffering from demented, brainless childs on the public servers destroys your license within just a few foul races.

I see no sultion to that. There isn’t even a filter option in the browser to filter out “U license” lobbies entirely.
    Only by absolute luck will you find from time to time a server with mentally stable, serious racers and still from time to time the human waste will find it’s way inside those to screw other people up.

The whole license system is a great idea on paper. It just doesn’t survive contact with reality and evil minded people though it seems and makes user experience even more frustrating.

It needs to be balanced so that really good and clean driving is rewarded MUCH more.
    Asus ROG 370E Gaming | Intel i7 8700K | 32GB Kingston HyperX 3600 | Asus ROG Strix 1080 Ti | Win 10 64-bit | 5760 x 1080 @ 60 Hz | Triple Screen

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Time challenges and insane racing license

I like PC2 so much, but it can get me so frustrated!!

I was sitting on A1573 thinking only a handful not races and I can enter the time challenge for 1600 rating. Next race I race I finished in 3rd place, the guy that won and came 2nd had a Lower rating than me (I was rammed out the race in the first couple of laps and had to fight my way back to the front) and I actually lost points!! I was now sitting on 1559! How the hell can you finish on podium and loose points!!

Then things just got worse. Next race I entered, Red Bull ring I qualified in 2nd. Off the start and into the corner in first position when a guy from the back of the grid slams into me at full speed!! Go into pits to repair my car thinking itís fine iíll Work my way up again as there are many laps. Catch up to the back markers (probably one of the guys thatís took me out in the first corner, as I pass him on the straight he swings into me and ram us into the pit wall, not only do I have contact with the guy but also the wall. Thinking that I would much rather wait this race out in the pits and watch the destruction derby. I retire to the pits. I didnít want to quit the race as I agree that sort of behavior should be penalized. Race finishes and I get back on the home screen to discover I lost a ton of points for not finishing the race! Was now sitting on 1529 😡.

So took a day away from PC2, was just too angry to play again. So my very next race back in PC2, Sitting behind a group that were battling it out for a 2nd 3rd and 4th position, thinking to myself iím Gonna give them allot of space as they gonna take each other out. They did, as I came around the corner with 2cars on the track facing the opposite way, another car rolling off the track in reverse I try my best to avoid them which I did successfully, only to get a warning ďreturn the positionĒ with a count down timer! I actually had to park my car on the track, wait for them to get their cars pointing the right way again, see how they bump each other a couple more times before they eventually get past me just before the timer reaches 0. WT holly ****. So I eventually end the race in 3rd gaining 1 point. 16 cars finished the race. 1 point for a 3rd place??

🤬🤬 and to think I had to fight my way up from 1300 something after all the servers crashing etc cost me to loose the 15** something I had when I just started playing the game.

Blocking these time trials while the Racing license, points, rewards and penalties system is this much of a joke is Ridiculous!!

SMS, either fix your ďamazing e-sports competitive license systemĒ that you guys always push in interviews and articles or actually open up the time trials for everyone as at this point the only way to increase your points is through luck with having a grid full of respectful racers or having a groups of friends that you always race against.

Letís see if one of the devs comment on this in an actual helpful way.
    Last edited by Campo675; 09-01-2018 at 21:54.
    The following user likes this Post: menos

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Campo675 View Post
    SMS, either fix your “amazing e-sports competitive license system” that you guys always push in interviews and articles or actually open up the time trials for everyone as at this point the only way to increase your points is through luck with having a grid full of respectful racers or having a groups of friends that you always race against.

Let’s see if one of the devs comment on this in an actual helpful way.
    How about using the safety rank (SR) to get clean lobbies to race in? That was the exact purpose the safety rank was introduced for. Race clean, improve your safety rank and join clean lobbies. You say you have an A rank. Start using the SR and open your lobbies. Maybe others will follow your example. The main problem is, most people create U and F lobbies. You really can't complain about rammers in U and F lobbies.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 10-01-2018 at 14:13.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    How about using the safety rank (SR) to get clean lobbies to race in? That was the exact purpose the safety rank was introduced for. Race clean, improve your safety rank and join clean lobbies. You say you have an A rank. Start using the SR and open your lobbies. Maybe others will follow your example. The main problem is, most people create U and F lobbies. You really can't complain about rammers in U and F lobbies.
    oh trust me, i have tried that on many ocasions... but for some reason always sit in the lobby alone or maybe 2 or 3 guys would join now and then. mostly i have to close the lobby and join another lobby. I have had some good races, but its not just the unrated lobbies with trolls. in fact, somebody said something on a youtube stream the other night that was very true. Said he is more careful of guys with D and up ratings as they have buffers to play around with, they can afford to have contact now and then to win a race or ensure a podium. so yeah... it would have been epic if your advice was accurate