Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-Sports built in?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

E-Sports built in?

Well done SMS with your brilliant E sport multiplayer lobby UI. Tonight I missed my 2nd Organised (ESL go4 and AOR ) event thanks to you bunch.

I could not find the lobbies I was suppose to join because they did not appear on the lobby list, I set various filters, organized alphabetically, refreshed many times, even restarted the game, the same lobbies appeared everytime and not the lobby that I needed.

Are you guys fixing this mess?? Or will we just have to stay with assetto corsa?

And before you say I could've joined directly from steam via an invite to the lobby, I play in VR ( another one of your selling points) and if you joined from an invite the game has no option to join in VR
    The following 3 users likes this Post: honespc, MerlinC, Shooter80

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulan707 View Post
    Well done SMS with your brilliant E sport multiplayer lobby UI. Tonight I missed my 2nd Organised (ESL go4 and AOR ) event thanks to you bunch.

I could not find the lobbies I was suppose to join because they did not appear on the lobby list, I set various filters, organized alphabetically, refreshed many times, even restarted the game, the same lobbies appeared everytime and not the lobby that I needed.

Are you guys fixing this mess?? Or will we just have to stay with assetto corsa?

And before you say I could've joined directly from steam via an invite to the lobby, I play in VR ( another one of your selling points) and if you joined from an invite the game has no option to join in VR
    I agree the lobby still needs some tweaking especially for the PC. We should be able to filter out by name (as in typing the name or the first few letters), lobbies that friends are in, plus a few other QOL features for lobby searching like favorites. As for not being able to accept invites into the lobbies while in VR. What I do is run the game mirrored and windowed.. so when I get an invite I just alt tab lift up my headset and use the mouse to accept it. It's not perfect, but it might help you out next time. Sorry you missed your race, I know it's frustrating i've been there before.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi Clanky,
    Thank you for the reply, I'm hoping I won't have issues again

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I don’t see the E-Sport built in to be in the game? It’s just a link to webpages?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CXAMP View Post
    I don’t see the E-Sport built in to be in the game? It’s just a link to webpages?
    But they dedicated a WHOLE settings tab for it. And four whole links in it. Do you know how long it takes to integrate such stuff?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    There are other issues why it's currently not e-sport ready from my point of view.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...line-simracing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AEIDOLONE View Post
    But they dedicated a WHOLE settings tab for it. And four whole links in it. Do you know how long it takes to integrate such stuff?
    Haha everytime i saw interview with developers they always said e-sport from day one...this is totally faulse advertisement.

I don't mind if they want to copy Gran Turismo Sport method. GT Sport has daily races when you can join every 5-10 minutes. You basically can race forever and will always matched with players with the same level, that makes the ranking make sense.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: AEIDOLONE, honespc, m00lean, Naer, Shooter80

Official SMS Esports
    Platform
    PC
    Hi guys. The esports game features refers to things like the Competitive Racing License and the new Director and Broadcaster mode for livestreaming, which have been in the game since launch. We're also working on some improvements to these features, and some extra stuff that will come to the game in free updates.

News about specific championships will follow once we are ready to announce them.

For now, we recommend that you check out the ESL Go4 Cups and some of our favourite community leagues to keep your skills sharp.
    ---------------------
    Project CARS Esports Staff
    projectcarsesports.com
    The following 2 users likes this Post: AEIDOLONE, JohnSchoonsBeard

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Project CARS Esports View Post
    Hi guys. The esports game features refers to things like the Competitive Racing License and the new Director and Broadcaster mode for livestreaming, which have been in the game since launch. We're also working on some improvements to these features, and some extra stuff that will come to the game in free updates.

News about specific championships will follow once we are ready to announce them.

For now, we recommend that you check out the ESL Go4 Cups and some of our favourite community leagues to keep your skills sharp.
    Good to hear that you are working on improvments. But I would recommend to get the basics done first. Yesterday there was supposed to be an evaluation race of one of your favorite community leagues which had to be cancelled due to ongoing server / dicsonnect issues (at least 4 unsuccessful attempts).

Furthermore it is quit annoying that often the FFB just get's lost. Then people need to restart the game (and reconnect if they can) to get FFB working again. These are basic functions which need to work reliably for any eSport event.

P.S.: If pCARS 2 can't handle a lobby of 32 vehicles reduce the amount of vehicles to the number which can be handled. If you think that this is on client side you might take that too easy - at least on my side I was (with the same hardware and internet connection) participating 24 hr races together with 50 other teams w/o any disconnect issues.
    The following user likes this Post: Shooter80

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MerlinC View Post
    Furthermore it is quit annoying that often the FFB just get's lost. Then people need to restart the game (and reconnect if they can) to get FFB working again. These are basic functions which need to work reliably for any eSport event.
    I had this happen to me a few times, and now I know unplugging/re-plugging my usb cable and restarting the game fixes it. But a couple weeks ago I was in a league race, and I had so much trouble getting into the lobby as I'm using VR, that I joined qualifying late. So I wouldn't of even had time to restart the game. So I did the whole qualifying & race with a limp wheel, no tension at all. Didn't do so good
    Anyway glad to know it's not only happening to me, I thought it might be my wheel, I'm using a Logitech G27. Hopefully this gets fixed.