Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Buttonbox

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    I think that would be a good idea that SMS designs a sticker sheet with all the functions included in Project CARS 2. You can sell it in your shop in the stickers section. I'm sure that the sticker sheet could be the most sucessfull product in your shop.

Even more, you can design stickers sheets for the most popular controllers that perfectly fits in the wheel buttons.

SMS, if you make an official button asignment sticker sheet, I would buy it without no doubt.
    As we don't have an official icon list, I make a personalized Project Cars template, with the most common fuctions for a buttonbox.

It's in b&w for laser printing and the order or the icons is the same as in the key assigments in the game menus. Some icons has two funtions (+/-) for rotaries, and individual icons for increase/decrease with independent buttons. Also added some other icons for TeamSpeak volumes and Shadowplay recording.

Suggestions accepted...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d1L...ew?usp=sharing

SMS, I still think that and official sticker sheet would be a great idea for your online store.

PS: Updated again. Highres & new icons: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jBS...ew?usp=sharing

PS2: Updated again: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tuz...ew?usp=sharing <<< LAST VERSION
    Last edited by Asturbo; 29-04-2018 at 14:33.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    As we don't have an official icon list, I created a personalized Project Cars template, with the most common fuctions for a buttonbox. It's in b&w for laser printing and the order or the icons is the same as in the key assigments in the game menús.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t4z...ew?usp=sharing

SMS, I still think that and official sticker would be a great idea for your online store.
    You absolute star
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Playseat® Alcantara| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Benja190782

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Anyone ever had any luck with wiring/soldering their own buttonbox for the Xbox One?

Would really like a real buttonbox instead of a keyboard, but hate the "Carbon look" on the BBJ buttonbox and would prefer some more color buttons.
    The SBB2 buttonbox looks much better, but misses the toggle switches.

My ideal buttonbox would have 2 Toggle switches, 2 or 3 Rotary encoders and en bunch of buttons. (20)
    But i have no idea on how to get it to work on a Xbox.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Estoque View Post
    Anyone ever had any luck with wiring/soldering their own buttonbox for the Xbox One?

Would really like a real buttonbox instead of a keyboard, but hate the "Carbon look" on the BBJ buttonbox and would prefer some more color buttons.
    The SBB2 buttonbox looks much better, but misses the toggle switches.

My ideal buttonbox would have 2 Toggle switches, 2 or 3 Rotary encoders and en bunch of buttons. (20)
    But i have no idea on how to get it to work on a Xbox.
    I have, but without the rotary buttons. http://consoleracing.boards.net/thre...d-instructions
    Xbox One X / Thrustmaster TX / T3PA Pro / TH8A Shifter / PlaySeat evolution (heavily modified into a DIY wood rig) / DIY USB Button Box
    pCARS 2 Telemetry HUD
    The following user likes this Post: masacheez

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Y22 Rydr View Post
    I have, but without the rotary buttons.
    Much love for you my friend!
    Thank you!

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    atm, i have designed and builded a 'shield' for the Arduino Leonardp with 4 rotary Encoders, and 16 push button options.
    i need to figure a way out to post images

Plug the shield on the Leonardo, and connect the buttons and Encoders you like to the pins.. and go.
    The following user likes this Post: Y22 Rydr

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Killg0re NL View Post
    atm, i have designed and builded a 'shield' for the Arduino Leonardp with 4 rotary Encoders, and 16 push button options.
    i need to figure a way out to post images

Plug the shield on the Leonardo, and connect the buttons and Encoders you like to the pins.. and go.
    Have an image on a different forum or anything else?
    Really interested in it.

But i see you're on PS4 and i dont think it will work on Xbox, or am i wrong?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    It should'nt matter. Wether its the PS4, PC or XBox as long as it sees a 'keyboard' (otherwise i would'nt have posted in here) and atm i am only using plain keyboard key's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171210_151336.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	253.9 KB 
ID:	247314

And another one for the testing purpose.

Name:	20171210_165733.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	260.5 KB 
ID:	247315

Name:	Screenshot_20171212-220232.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	247319

Whoot, it worked..(image added from my smartphone)

I'll need to make time to make scheme for you guys, to be able to reproduce it6
    Last edited by Killg0re NL; 12-12-2017 at 20:04.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Estoque, SolitarySandpiper, Y22 Rydr

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Does anybody have a good working sketch for arduino Leonard without rotary encoders?

or can anybody champion the case for using rotary encoders on a keyboard mimicking button box?

cheers.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Just a buttonbox? No fancy led programming. And 25 buttons enough?

And the rotary encoders simulate a button press. So each counterwise click, a key is generated, and counterclockwise a different key is generated. So its more or less the same for push actions.

The above shield contains 16 button/switch options. And 8 encoder key options. En 4 outputs for TCS, ABS, ESP and light reflextion. This is an challenge. Because its in the software and not read out through UDP. So it might reflect a different state than the actual state.
    Last edited by Killg0re NL; 12-12-2017 at 17:39.
    The following user likes this Post: SolitarySandpiper