Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Cayman - undrivable?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I've been struggling with this car too, eventually it was so terrible trying to get round Silverstone on the career path that I searched the forum and made some changes to tyres and the roll bar and all was good, set a pole position qualifying time and car felt good, then the race and uh oh! Spinning out at the slightest touch of throttle, and in an unrealistic way. Fiddled with setup again to re-create the quali setup as much as possible but was still spin happy.

In the end I turned the AI skill down and being pole I managed to get a decent start and then drove extremely cautiously and made it round, but not after countless vain attempts. It was infuriating to say the least.

And I've still got a few races to go before I can finally get shot of this car!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav88888 View Post
    I find the Cayman the best GT4 car, it handles lovely.
    I agree, handles great for me also with my TX, but I have only drive it alone in practice, not in a race.
    Sorry for my bad English
    XBOX ONE X Thrustmaster TX with TM Leather 28 GT - Pedals T3PA - Shifter TH8A - Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2

Kart Driver
    I've had the same issue in the COTA career race of the US GT4 championship.
    Although the car was excellent on all the other tracks in career, or private testing. It seems it's some kind of a bug where the Cayman GT4 is complete rubbish in the Career COTA race. ON the other US tracks in the career, it was great. I did the Europe championship and the Global one as well - all good on all of the tracks.

I lowered the AI and turned on the stability and traction control for the COTA race just to push through it.... dissapointing, but that was the only way I could do it. After that race it was back to no assists and enjoying the Cayman again.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Weird isn't it?

The next career race after struggling through was at Long Beach and the car was completely different, fast, controllable, good to drive.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    are you guys trying different tires? check the environment temperatures first. Anything below 15 degrees I'd go for slicks. Hards work well in higher temps. I tried the Porsche gt4 for the first time yesterday and span at the first corner. Checked temp, it was 11 degrees, soft tires made the car drivable, in fact very easy to drive.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1
    I also struggled at COTA with Cayman. I had to re-start that race a few times. But i'm pretty sure I struggled at one or two more of the tracks but I don't recall which ones.

I think part of it is your choice in tire compound, tire temps and pressures. Also some tracks I believe are just less (or more) abrasive providing less (or more) grip - but also impacting tire temps - Which of course impacts your grip levels.

What I found strange with the Cayman is that I got better grip and a more stable car when it's raining with rain tires than I do on hard slicks on a dry track.

Platform
    PS4
    Are you guys on wheel or controller?
    Tire compound soft/ hard performance will depend very much on track and ambient temps + track layout.
    Pick the correct compound. Generally anything >40c track temp you want the hard tires.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Are you guys on wheel or controller?
    Tire compound soft/ hard performance will depend very much on track and ambient temps + track layout.
    Pick the correct compound. Generally anything >40c track temp you want the hard tires.
    Are you an Xbox player?

If not, you have no ground to give advice here. It's a very well known and reported issue.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeem View Post
    Are you an Xbox player?

If not, you have no ground to give advice here. It's a very well known and reported issue.
    Lol
    So choice of compound is irrelevant? Ok then. Ignore me when you take the cayman out on Dubai or Bathurst during a summer afternoon because I’m on a different platform
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I did the career race at Fuji, in the rain, the car was rock solid, a wee bit of tail slide but catchable, could be tyres and heat but I had experimented with that at Silverstone and saw no real improvements.

I'm now in the Renault class and that car is a marvel after all the hassle with the Cayman.