Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Errrrrrr?

Platform
    PC
    Dang. I was hoping it was really him and he just didn't have his coffee yet...
    RWB Racing | Steam: Wired247 | Flickr: Wired 24/7 (PCARS 2 Eye Candy)
    CPU: i7 4790k | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: ASUS GTX 970 | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Red
    Displays: LG 34" UltraWide + LG 29" UltraWide Monitors (stacked) | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Wheel: Logitech G29 | Rig: GT Omega Pro RS9 Cockpit | ButtKicker Gamer 2 | SimVibe

Banned
    Please, tell Andy, there is nothing wrong with taking a few shots and then go and have some fun online.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Project CARS Esports View Post
    Hi guys. We've spoken with Andy and he has confirmed that it was not him playing in that race. Someone did indeed change their Steam profile to impersonate him. Andy's going to speak with Steam support to see what can be done about it.
    That's great to hear - impostors Steam account as of last night appeared to be gone anyway btw.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    Didn't you get the memo Ian? Internet > common sense.

There's a lot of things these days that are valued higher than common sense, but that's for another discussion...

There is no need to throw glib remarks into this thread. Did you not notice the effort the troll went into? Its quite easy to be unsure when there was clear info ( rightly blocked/ removed now) that was designed to target an SMS employee. Its good that it was discovered that it was a stalker/troll, but your glibness does you no credit. At least a discussion took place and any any doubts were quelled if it was an SMS on a day off/tired/maybe a bit tispey/stoned making mistakes, and the best part was a troll got discovered and blocked.
    PC Specs

• LCD x1 - 1920 x 1080p @60Hz
    • i5- 6600k, Gigabyte GA-Z170
    • EVGA GTX 970 FTW+,
    • Corsair DDR4 PC4-17000 (2133) 8GB x 2
    • Win 10
    • Thrustmaster TX Belt Driven - USB 2.0

RWB 3vil - Part Of RWB Racing

https://discord.gg/XcvMGsT
    The following 2 users likes this Post: nepal roade, OperatorWay

Platform
    PC
    You rather cry? Loosen up.

TBH it's quite tiresome to read the same ... over and over again hence, even with sarcasm one needs to "point" some people in the right direction. Not that they'll get it most of the time in this cases because... well, if they did they'd stop

Being 100% blunt, that kind of people won't be missed anyway... by anyone.
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 4670K@4.2GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: AsRock Z87 Extreme6
    | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10 | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL1150 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Daynja View Post
    There is no need to throw glib remarks into this thread. Did you not notice the effort the troll went into? Its quite easy to be unsure when there was clear info ( rightly blocked/ removed now) that was designed to target an SMS employee. Its good that it was discovered that it was a stalker/troll, but your glibness does you no credit. At least a discussion took place and any any doubts were quelled if it was an SMS on a day off/tired/maybe a bit tispey/stoned making mistakes, and the best part was a troll got discovered and blocked.
    Chill out man it was just a bit of banter.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Daynja View Post
    I am surely glad that this was reported and yes it was quite an elaborate trolling attempt, but really I cannot see how one could possibly think that such behaviour would be displayed by an SMS employee. But maybe that's just me having more insight in the SMS side of things.

Apart from that, what I wrote was more a general statement about today's "if it's on the internet then it must be true" state of mind of a lot of people, that was only triggered by this particular incident. I admit that that was not clear and it could have come across too harshly especially to those faithfully reporting/discussing this. If that was the case, then I apologize as that was not my intention. For the rest: what Roger wrote.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Konan, Rodders, Roger Prynne

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    When I started this thread it was not to throw accusations and was kept light hearted, I for one did not think an SMS employee would drive like that and was highlighting the fact that someone was presenting themselves as Andy and it looks bad on the person being trolled.

Being on the receiving end of such trolls I know how it feels and it has a bad effect on your reputation, now that it has been highlighted, the troll dealt with and Andy's name cleared then this thread has had a good end result and we can all sleep better at night ;-)