Thread: NumPad keys hardcoded?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

NumPad keys hardcoded?

Hello together,

I have following problem:
    For NumPad "4" key on an external USB keyboard I set a function for adjusting the stabis in the car.
    During the race this is working fine, but when I press the key I also look to the left.

Is this a hardcoded function, because this key has also the left arrow?!
    At the moment this key has two functions due to this and the look left function was normally set to another key manually.
    Or has it something to do with an active or inactive numpad? But during the setup I see "4" by pressing the key and I didn't change the numpad option.

Thanks in advance!

Platform
    PS4
    Same problem here on PS4
    I reported this in the bug tracking thread a few days back

Platform
    PS4
    yes same problem here, the ps4 recognises the arrows as looking up down left and right as well as the function youve set it up too..
    i have left (#4) set as seat forward.. so everytime i set it forward it looks left as well.. indeed not ideal but it works fine.
    a thing i would like to see is the TH8A shifter not automatically assigning L1-R1.. because i want to use it as a handbrake in sequential position, but were not able to atm.
    PS4 ID: Djuvinile
    T300rs/F1-Rim/TH8A/Playseat Challenge/T3PA/
    Crew Chief/ RS Dash

Platform
    PC
    I think those number pad functions are hard coded into the game, as I've had the same thing happen on PC. In the Xbox thread there are a few guys using usb number pads for extra buttons, and I think they were saying that num lock has an effect on how it works. I don't think it's a bug as such, just how the game engine has been designed. At least there are plenty more buttons to assign on a full keyboard.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Yes they are hard coded.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for your responses!
    I switched the button on my self made button box to another key on the USB-keyboard matrix :-)