Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GT3 Huracan ... slowwwwwww ?!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

GT3 Huracan ... slowwwwwww ?!

Hi guys,

Been trying diferent GT3 cars over diferent tracks using default setups.
    I was shocked how slow the Lambo is when compared with the 488 (for example at Red Bull Ring).

Can any of you that have a crush for the Lambo share some lights about this car? Setups? Tips? Anything ... anything that makes this car faster.

Just an example: i can make easily 1:31´s with the 488 and with the Lambo i can barely get 32´s (always with stock setup)

A big thank you!!

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I don't think much can be done, because this car is naturally aspirated and such cars have a disadvantage over turbo cars at tracks in altitude, like the Red Bull Ring. Maybe this effect will be toned down in an update, I think it is needed.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Dynomight Motorsports, RomKnight

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Maybe this effect will be toned down in an update, I think it is needed.
    If the effect is realistic it should stay and it could be balanced by giving the naturals equaly more air intake to balance the power loss. All this bop stuff is a nightmare though dont see an easy fix coming.

Platform
    PC
    With cpcdem driving default his Ferrari time at Silverstone National is 54.140 and his Huracan is 54.458. His Bentley is 54.200 and ATS V is 54.245 so yeah it is slower than some of the other cars but faster than others. The only car way off is the Vantage at 55.424 and that is a known problem. I assume he used default loose in his testing. So it is car/track/driver dependent and you can always select another car.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    With cpcdem driving default his Ferrari time at Silverstone National is 54.140 and his Huracan is 54.458. His Bentley is 54.200 and ATS V is 54.245 so yeah it is slower than some of the other cars but faster than others. The only car way off is the Vantage at 55.424 and that is a known problem. I assume he used default loose in his testing. So it is car/track/driver dependent and you can always select another car.
    On PC the quickest default Ferrari is 1:28.298 and Huracan is 1:31.099.

http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.c...cle=1464988033
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    On PC the quickest default Ferrari is 1:28.298 and Huracan is 1:31.099.

http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.c...cle=1464988033
    3 seconds is a lot for cars in the same class on a very short track like Austria. Wish the GT3 class was a bit more balanced. Love the sound of the Huracan
    The following user likes this Post: Shogun613

Handling QA Lead Jussi Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Kinda weird because I always found the Huracan to be absolutely blisteringly quick. I'm sure that it can go around quicker than the 1:31 time it currently has.

Regardless we have been following the situation and testing, and BoPping work has been done. The field should get closer overall and NA cars should enjoy more of an advantage at low altitudes to compensate them being disadvantaged at higher altitudes.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: ctzn, David Slute, hkraft300, ironik, RomKnight, Scott Coffey, TexasTyme214

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoPT View Post
    3 seconds is a lot for cars in the same class on a very short track like Austria. Wish the GT3 class was a bit more balanced. Love the sound of the Huracan
    Maybe the cars are better balanced than the drivers.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Eric Rowland, hkraft300, Mbondracing, RomKnight

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DesmoPT View Post
    Hi guys,

Been trying diferent GT3 cars over diferent tracks using default setups.
    I was shocked how slow the Lambo is when compared with the 488 (for example at Red Bull Ring).

Can any of you that have a crush for the Lambo share some lights about this car? Setups? Tips? Anything ... anything that makes this car faster.

Just an example: i can make easily 1:31´s with the 488 and with the Lambo i can barely get 32´s (always with stock setup)

A big thank you!!
    I was messing with RBR the last few days and tonight I started trying different cars there in their stock loose set-up. The Audi, Lambo, and Porsche I have clustered around 1:33.4 (give or take .1) after a few laps in each. I know that I can get each of those into the mid to high 1:32's once I get more laps at the track and figure out the brake and throttle points in the GT3's and a better line or two. My first lap with the 488 was a 1:32.7. Whether it is the set-up, the car, or something that shouldn't be happening I find that the 488 is just the easiest car to push and it won't punish you for it. It seems less prone to understeer, less prone to power oversteer, brakes easier, and when you do something really stupid it still seems to gather itself back up. Though I will say that in real life it seems that several amateur race series (and pro-am series) that use the 488 GT3 seems to be dominated by them. But once you get to the pro class using the same cars they no longer have an edge.
    The following user likes this Post: Mbondracing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Maybe the cars are better balanced than the drivers.
    Fair enough comment ... have you tested both cars on RedBullRing? Use default setup on both cars do 10 laps with each and then tell me what you think...

Nobody has tips on a good base setup for the Lambo??

Cheers