Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	243963

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcars_custom_grid_2_res.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	231.7 KB 
ID:	243964

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6l83cf...crowtrobot.rar
    update for recent patch by Reiche and vassalfada: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1493195

***REQUIREMENTS***
    • Custom Grid Tool 2 0.991 by crowtrobot zip file

DISCLAIMER: This mod alters the unpacked game files, which will affect behavior of the vehicle filters in-game. Career Mode will not work properly with this mod running.
    Please back up your Project CARS Profile before using. Mod is untested online. Author is not responsible for lost save data or broken profiles or bans.

This mod is intended to allow the user to pick their own grid for Solo Quick Race in Project CARS 2.

Installation instructions:
    1. Unzip Custom_Grid_Tool2 to <Steam_Directory>\steamapps\common\Project CARS 2 - there should be a pCARS2_Custom_Grid shortcut in this directory, and a folder MODS with folders for the unlocker and Custom_Grid_Tool2 in it at this point.
    2. Run JSGME tool and add Custom_Grid_Tool2.
    3. Run the Custom Grid tool using the shortcut and add cars to grid (can double click, or group selection and use >> button. Double click from Grid list to remove.)
    4. When grid is complete, click Assign Grid.
    5. Start pCARS2, use Quick Race and Same Class. Make sure player car is a car from the grid assigned, and use N-1 AI opponents. (i.e. if 30 cars were assigned to the grid, use 29 AI opponents)
    6. Enjoy. Exit pCARS2 and use Reset button to start a new grid if desired.

NOTES:
    • Use Save/Load to save custom grids and load, if desired.
    • Double-clicking a livery from the list will remove it. Or use the << button.
    • As stated in the disclaimer - THIS MOD CONFLICTS WITH CAREER MODE. Please close pCARS2 AND the Tool before using career.
    • Also as stated, MOD IS UNTESTED ONLINE. Recommend deactivating before joining a VAC server. It does not modify any memory locations while running or the .exe, so it is doubtful it would trigger a VAC ban, but no guarantees.
    • Car selection filters from My Garage are also effected. Use the Custom class Vehicle filter to choose car.
    • Tool creates .bak backup files of all altered files. If anything goes wrong, press Reset button and go to the /vehicles/ directory of all altered vehicles. Delete the altered files and restore the originals from the .bak files if this hasn't been done already by the Reset. Reset and closing the tool should restore backups and remove them.

Change Log:
    • v0.991 - 011318: Added exception to fix bug when changing vehicle types.
    • v0.99 - 102917: Changed class from CUS -> Custom. Updated to scan each directory for multiple vehicles. Updated .rcf files for road cars whose tires precede liveries.
    • v0.98 - 102717: updated for pCARS2

Last edited by crowtrobot; 23-03-2018 at 16:23.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive

KNOWN ISSUES:

• A few cars (ex: Acura NSX road version) will load a list of tire options in the livery selection instead of the correct liveries. I didn't feel like going through the whole list of cars, so if you find some, please post. I can probably code around this, but the easiest thing for the interim is to open the /MODS/Custom_Grid_Tool2/vehicles/<vehicle>/<vehicle>.rcf and <vehicle>_hr.rcf with a text editor and move the block of tire options past the Livery options.
    • A few cars are missing due to missing class (GTE)
    • A few cars are missing due to how their vehicle directory is structured (Bentley variants, Ligier).
    • I think it *should* work online if the host and clients all use the same .cfg file, and host chooses "Same Class", but I have not tested this at all.
    • The mod will probably break with each patch and require update, just be forewarned.
    Last edited by crowtrobot; 28-10-2017 at 15:09.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive

Platform
    PC
    omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg :white girl arm flap: omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following 6 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, crowtrobot, McKiernan, Reiche, Tar Heel, VelvetTorpedo

Platform
    PC
    Thanks!
    Project CARS 2 Driver Eye Youtube Playlist
    Current Rig: Monitor: Sharp 42" LED | VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz | GPU:STRIX 1080TI OC | MB: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING | Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + WD BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3200MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD
    Hardware: Wheel: FAN PC HUB | Pedals: FAN V2 | Rim: FAN GT US
    The following 2 users likes this Post: crowtrobot, McKiernan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you so much!!

Platform
    PC
    I cannot wait to give this a whirl. I've been hoping you could work your magic once again. Unfortunately I have a bank holiday weekend here so 3 days off work. Sounds great right? Nope, I also have a demanding gf who expects a lot of attention this weekend lol. Anyway, enough of my woes. Thanks a million, that doesn't seem to cut it, but seriously Thanks so much.
    "The more I practice, the luckier I get"
    The following 3 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, Blueflight, crowtrobot

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    YYYYYYYeeeeeeeehhhhhaaaaaaa, thank you.

Platform
    PC
    Is there any chance that Custom Livery Tool is not far behind?
    Z97K/4690K@4600/Strix 1080 GTX/Oculus CV1/G27 Wheel
    Panther Racing Division
    http://pantheracingdivision.com/

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Yesssssssss

Merci ......

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    Is there any chance that Custom Livery Tool is not far behind?
    Not for the time being unfortunately. If we don't get the mods.txt support back that we had in pCARS1, it will require going back to the huge distribution and unpacking most of the game, and I just don't have the time to support that while the game is still being updated.

If people make some noise, maybe SMS will listen and let us sideload the livery files easily again, but as of right now, it doesn't appear like it's on the radar.

There are a couple experiments I can try to see if anything can be done as-is, but my expectations aren't high.
    The following 9 users likes this Post: 1185323118, 2knowone, BigDad, Blueflight, FZA, kingsti, Mad LL, McKiernan, Reiche