Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Server Configuration - Sample - Weather + MultiClass REALLY FIXED! -2/25/18

Platform
    PC
    After a few laps with 4 Drivers:
    I think the Latency is ok now....

To the manual pitstop value:
    I think there is something wrong with the setting. One of our drivers had his ingame settings for manual pit on "No". He couldnt drive manual out of the pit... The ingame settings are overwriting the server value? (Serversetting was on "0" because inverted..)
    http://www.gef-gaming.de // Project Cars 2 GT3 League & Multi Gaming Community | ServerManager-GUI // Server starter / Weather randomizer / Multiple Servers/Configs

“A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Medina View Post
    Hey MortICi,

Thanks for your contributions! We took a look at the main issue in lib_rotate.lua for MultiClass, and notice that after last hotfix patch (released today) we have introduced a change that allows MultiClass to be set in the json config in a similar fashion it's done for SameClass and IdenticalVehicles. As the doc lines in new lib_rotate.lua say:

As you pointed out with your modifications in lib_rotate.lua, the issue could be originated if ServerControlsVehicleClass and the FORCE* flags were processed in the wrong order. This is no longer an issue as MultiClassSlots and VehicleClassId attributes are now the ones deciding the flags to be set.

Cheers
    Updated my post, correct, you do not need to use the RemoveFlags/Flags anymore.

As you mentioned setting VehicleClassId and MultiClassSlots will set the flags properly now.
    Gaming Rig: ASRock z77 Extreme4, Intel Core i5 3570K OC @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v, Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD, EVGA GTX 970 SSC ASX 2.0 4GB OC'd like a beast! +156 core, +406 mem +0mv, Corsair H100i, 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws X Series 10-10-10-30-2N DDR3, Lots-O-Fans
    Controller: Logitech G25 Steering Wheel
    Output: 55" LG 3D SmartTV
    Seat: Need to buy one or something....
    The following user likes this Post: Pablo Medina

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by neslane View Post
    After a few laps with 4 Drivers:
    I think the Latency is ok now....

To the manual pitstop value:
    I think there is something wrong with the setting. One of our drivers had his ingame settings for manual pit on "No". He couldnt drive manual out of the pit... The ingame settings are overwriting the server value? (Serversetting was on "0" because inverted..)
    It could be his gameplay settings are overriding it. There is a portion of PlayerSessionFlags and those might have priority over Server side, not sure if that is fair or not...
    Gaming Rig: ASRock z77 Extreme4, Intel Core i5 3570K OC @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v, Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD, EVGA GTX 970 SSC ASX 2.0 4GB OC'd like a beast! +156 core, +406 mem +0mv, Corsair H100i, 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws X Series 10-10-10-30-2N DDR3, Lots-O-Fans
    The following user likes this Post: neslane

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Hi MortICi,

in your Mutliclass sms_rotate_config.json in Race 2 of the rotation are Flags/removeFlags still set. Is this intentionally or have you missed it?

Code:
    // Config version.
    version : 7

config : {	
    	"default" : {
    		"VehicleClassId" : "LMP1", //-1289517523
    		"MultiClassSlots" : 3,
    		"MultiClassSlot1" : "GTE", //1740243009,
    		"MultiClassSlot2" : "GT3", //-112887377,
    		"MultiClassSlot3" : "GT4", //1553262379,

"Flags" : "ALLOW_CUSTOM_VEHICLE_SETUP,AUTO_START_ENGINE,MECHANICAL_FAILURES,ONLINE_REPUTATION_ENABLED,WAIT_FOR_RACE_READY_INPUT,TIMED_RACE,GHOST_GRIEFERS,ANTI_GRIEFING_COLLISIONS",
    	},
    	"rotation" : [
    		// Race 1 Donington Park National
    		{
    			"TrackId" : "Donington Park National",
    			"VehicleClassId" : "LMP1",

//"Flags" : "ABS_ALLOWED",
    			//"RemoveFlags" : "TCS_ALLOWED",

},
    		// Race 2 Brands Hatch Indy
    		{
    			"TrackId" : "Brands Hatch Indy",

"Flags" : "FORCE_MULTI_VEHICLE_CLASS",
    			"RemoveFlags" : "FORCE_SAME_VEHICLE_CLASS",
    		}
          ]
    }
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T | MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G | Asus M4A89TD Pro USB3 | 16GB DDR3 | Windows 7 64 Bit | Fanatec CSW V2 + Porsche 918 RSR Rim + Formula Carbon Rim + CSP V2 + CSS SQ V1.5 | TrackIR 4 | 27" 1080p

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M. -VIPER- Morgan View Post
    Hi MortICi,

in your Mutliclass sms_rotate_config.json in Race 2 of the rotation are Flags/removeFlags still set. Is this intentionally or have you missed it?

Code:
    // Config version.
    version : 7

config : {	
    	"default" : {
    		"VehicleClassId" : "LMP1", //-1289517523

"Flags" : "ALLOW_CUSTOM_VEHICLE_SETUP,AUTO_START_ENGINE,MECHANICAL_FAILURES,ONLINE_REPUTATION_ENABLED,WAIT_FOR_RACE_READY_INPUT,TIMED_RACE,GHOST_GRIEFERS,ANTI_GRIEFING_COLLISIONS",
    	},
    	"rotation" : [
    		// Race 1 Donington Park National
    		{
    			"TrackId" : "Donington Park National",

//"Flags" : "ABS_ALLOWED",
    			//"RemoveFlags" : "TCS_ALLOWED",

},
    		// Race 2 Brands Hatch Indy
    		{
    			"TrackId" : "Brands Hatch Indy",

"Flags" : "FORCE_MULTI_VEHICLE_CLASS",
    			"RemoveFlags" : "FORCE_SAME_VEHICLE_CLASS",
    		}
          ]
    }
    I missed it, apologies. Updating post now.
    The following user likes this Post: M. -VIPER- Morgan

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Yehaaa. First time my server doesn't kick me and I could drive some rounds.

There seems to be a funny bug. On my server I raced at Red Bull Ring GP and did a 1:22 and some 1:28 's with a Mercedes GT3.
    Looks like some time distortion. When racing on other servers I drive 1:32 .
    Last edited by hilavoku; 25-02-2018 at 15:15.

Platform
    PC
    I still can't force manual pit stops after the last update. I've tried with:

"ManualPitStops" : 1,
    "ManualPitStops" : 0,
    "Pitcontrol" : 1
    "Pitcontrol" : 0

Is bugged after the last update? Any workarround to force manual pit stops without LUA?

Also I want to set Realweather. The documentation says that I've to set
    "RaceWeatherSlots" : 0, but with this option I get 4 weather slots instead of realweather.

Edit: "Manual Pit Stops" looks disabled in the session options. But whe you go to drive, looks enabled for some players. Very confusing.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 11-03-2018 at 15:04.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    I still can't force manual pit stops after the last update. I've tried with:

"ManualPitStops" : 1,
    "ManualPitStops" : 0,
    "Pitcontrol" : 1
    "Pitcontrol" : 0

Is bugged after the last update? Any workarround to force manual pit stops without LUA?

Also I want to set Realweather. The documentation says that I've to set
    "RaceWeatherSlots" : 0, but with this option I get 4 weather slots instead of realweather.

Edit: "Manual Pit Stops" looks disabled in the session options. But whe you go to drive, looks enabled for some players. Very confusing.
    Correct, the value in game doesn't represent the actual value in the config.

As for the RaceWeatherSlots, make sure its 0 and you don't have RaceWeatherSlot1-4 or however many defined at all.

Double check my LUA config for documentation of all the values i found and possible bugs.

Note: In LUA form you can still setup the server how you want WIHTOUT rotation, just don't define a track/vehicle or vehicle class and it will be an open server but you can lock everything else out by defining it. Plus you can then use "names" instead of "values" for items.
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MortICi View Post
    Correct, the value in game doesn't represent the actual value in the config.
    Thanks for confirm.

As for the RaceWeatherSlots, make sure its 0 and you don't have RaceWeatherSlot1-4 or however many defined at all.
    Works well with values from 1 to 4 in RaceWeatherSlots, but everytime I set the value to 0, I get 4 fixed slos. Tried also to remove the weather slots values, with same result.

Note: In LUA form you can still setup the server how you want WIHTOUT rotation, just don't define a track/vehicle or vehicle class and it will be an open server but you can lock everything else out by defining it. Plus you can then use "names" instead of "values" for items.
    I'll give a try.

I found another issue with the DS. You set the server and works with the defined values (except manual pits and real weather).
    But when you log the server and everything looks OK, if you change the weather slots to real i.e., then circuit changes to another one of a previous session. Very weird.

How to reproduce:

- Start the DS with your parameters (no sever controls the session)
    - Connect from the game to the server and change the default circuit to another one
    - Disconnect
    - Connect again and appears the default circuit with the parameters predefined.
    - Change something in the weather slots and save options
    - Automaticaly the circuit changes to the circuit selected in the previous session (step 2)

It's very confusing, because if you don't paid attention, you will appear in another circuit different from the programmed and the lobby, without changing anything in the circuit section.
    And this happens when you change something and save parameters, then it changes to another location. Looks that's only changes this options, the rest looks ok.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 16-03-2018 at 12:40.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Morning,

Thanks for the fixes, MortICi. I've started some sessions over the weekend, and all worked fine, except for the already known problem with the manual pit stops.

But some minor issues gave me the creeps, so maybe someone can give me a helping hand.

1. "Nürburgring Combined" (ID -891514248) within the LUA always creates an error. As workaround I've used the ID within the server.cfg, but this shouldnt be a permanent solution. I've also tried "Nurburgring Combined", still no luck. Any hints?
    2. The Stats-File is always written continously, which I personally find quite annoying. Before starting a new server I always need to either delete the old file or move it to another location for later use. Is there any chance to create always new files, like its done in R3E or AC, something like "sms_stats_data_20180318_92308.json"?