Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dedicated Server Configuration - Sample - Weather + MultiClass REALLY FIXED! -2/25/18

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Racing4Life View Post
    Morning,

Thanks for the fixes, MortICi. I've started some sessions over the weekend, and all worked fine, except for the already known problem with the manual pit stops.

But some minor issues gave me the creeps, so maybe someone can give me a helping hand.

1. "Nürburgring Combined" (ID -891514248) within the LUA always creates an error. As workaround I've used the ID within the server.cfg, but this shouldnt be a permanent solution. I've also tried "Nurburgring Combined", still no luck. Any hints?
    Just tried it and it works for me with "TrackId" : "Nürburgring Combined",
    Keep in mind to doulbe quote if you are using the names and do not double quote if you want to use the IDs.
    2. The Stats-File is always written continously, which I personally find quite annoying. Before starting a new server I always need to either delete the old file or move it to another location for later use. Is there any chance to create always new files, like its done in R3E or AC, something like "sms_stats_data_20180318_92308.json"?
    I came for this request this morning. It would really help to have one log file per event instead of a forever growing file. Is someone capable of to set this up in the sms_stats.lua? It would help to autmatically analyze the file after an event session is over. We do want to extract data for track records and of course race results too.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Wieneke View Post
    Just tried it and it works for me with "TrackId" : "Nürburgring Combined",
    Keep in mind to doulbe quote if you are using the names and do not double quote if you want to use the IDs.
    Hmm?

Code:
    	"rotation" : [
    		// Race 1 
    		{
    			"TrackId" : "Nürburgring Combined",
    Code:
    Verify setup warning: Invalid track id 'Nürburgring Combined' used in the setup
    SmsRotate: Setup at index 1 contains errors!
    SmsRotate: Rotation setups contain errors, rotation addon disabled
    What do I miss?

WMD Member
    Hmm?

Code:
    		// Race 1 
    		{
    Code:
    Verify setup warning: Invalid track id 'Nürburgring Combined' used in the setup
    SmsRotate: Setup at index 1 contains errors!
    SmsRotate: Rotation setups contain errors, rotation addon disabled
    What do I miss?
    I don't know. I just took the templates from this thread first post.
    Code:
    // Config version.
    version : 7

// Default configuration.
    config : {

// Is the current rotation index persistent? If true, the rotation will continue after server restart,
    	// If false, the rotation will always start from the first setup.
    	// You can always delete the sms_rotate_data.json file from lua_config to reset the persisted index.
    	"persist_index" : true,

// The default setup. This is a table with attributes and values. The following rules apply to the attributes:

// - The setup should never contain any of the "ServerControls" attributes, those are decided automatically.
    	// - The setup should never contain both VehicleModelId and VehicleClassId at the same time. Restrict either the class or specific vehicle.

"default" : {
    		// Default Car Class
    		// -- If VehicleClassId is specified: The class to enforce. Automatically sets 1 to ServerControlsVehicleClass, sets FORCE_SAME_VEHICLE_CLASS to Flags
    		// -- Vehicle class and all enum/flags attributes can use values in string forms - so you can use either track id, or track name.
    		"VehicleClassId" : "Touring Car",

// Default Car if VehicleClassId is not specificed for single Make Race
    		// -- If VehicleModelId is specified: The vehicle to enforce. Automatically sets 1 to ServerControlsVehicle, sets FORCE_IDENTICAL_VEHICLES to Flags
    		// -- Vehicle model, and all enum/flags attributes can use values in string forms - so you can use either track id, or track name.	
    		//"VehicleModelId" : "Opel Astra TCR",

// See /api/list/vehicles/ via HTTP (http://127.0.0.1:9000/api/list/vehicles/)

// Default Track for Session
    		// -- If TrackId is specified: The track to enforce. Automatically sets 1 to ServerControlsTrack
    		// -- Track, and all enum/flags attributes can use values in string forms - so you can use either track id, or track name.	
    		// -- WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! DO NOT UNCOMMENT THE TRACKID BELOW, BREAKS SERVER LAUNCH -- //
    		//"TrackId" : "DO NOT ENABLE ME",

// See /api/list/tracks/ via HTTP (http://127.0.0.1:9000/api/list/tracks/)

// Default Session settings for Realism and Penalties
    		// -- Remove TIMED_RACE to switch back to Laps based races --
    		// -- Flags in string form can contain multiple flags separated by comma, so for example "ABS_ALLOWED,SC_ALLOWED,TCS_ALLOWED" ONLINE_REPUTATION_ENABLED,
    		// -- The Flags attribute should never contain FORCE_IDENTICAL_VEHICLES or FORCE_SAME_VEHICLE_CLASS flags, those are decided automatically.
    		"Flags" : "ALLOW_CUSTOM_VEHICLE_SETUP,AUTO_START_ENGINE,MECHANICAL_FAILURES,WAIT_FOR_RACE_READY_INPUT,TIMED_RACE,GHOST_GRIEFERS,ANTI_GRIEFING_COLLISIONS",

// See /api/list/flags/session via HTTP (http://127.0.0.1:9000/api/list/flags/session)
    		//"OpponentDifficulty" : 120,
    		// Damage: "OFF","VISUAL_ONLY","PERFORMANCEIMPACTING","FULL" (Value in order of names shown: [0-3] 0 = OFF : 3 = FULL)
    		"DamageType" : "FULL",

// Tire Wear: "OFF","SLOW","STANDARD","X2" to "x7" (Value in order to names shown: [8-0] 8 = OFF : 0 = X7)
    		"TireWearType" : "STANDARD",

// Fuel Usage: "STANDARD","SLOW","OFF" (Value in order of names shown: [0-2] 0 = STANDARD : 2 = OFF)
    		"FuelUsageType" : "STANDARD",

// Penalty Setting: "NONE","FULL" (Value in order of names shown: [0-1] 0 = OFF : 1 = FULL)
    		"PenaltiesType" : "FULL",

// Penalty Time in Seconds
    		"AllowablePenaltyTime" : 5,

// Pit Lane exit crossing the white Line: 0 Disable 1 Enable 
    		"PitWhiteLinePenalty" : 1,

// Drive through penalties: 0 Disable 1 Enable
    		"DriveThroughPenalty" : 1,

// Camera view: "Any" All veiws "CockpitHelmet" Locked view to cockpit only
    		"AllowedViews" : "CockpitHelmet",

// Force Manual Pitstops: 0 Enable 1 Disable -- This might get fixed in future ded server updates
    		// -- Bugged values are reverse to what documentations states. NOTE: No visual change in In Game Lobby view
    		"ManualPitStops" : 0,

// Manual Rolling Starts: 0 Disable 1 Enable :: Used only when Rolling Starts is enabled
    		"ManualRollingStarts" : 0,

// Minimum Online Safety Rank: "U","F","E","D","C","B","A","S"
    		"MinimumOnlineRank" : "F",

// MinimuM Online Driver Rank: 100 - 5000 :: Use lower values to allow more players in, segragate by safety rank to get clean drivers
    		"MinimumOnlineStrength" : 1000,

// Default Practice Session Settings
    		// Practice Session Length in Time (Minutes) :: Leave uncommented and set to 0 if you don't want a practice session
    		"PracticeLength" : 0,

// Default Qualify Session Settings
    		// Qualify Session Length in Time (Minutes)
    		"QualifyLength" : 10,

// Default Race Session Settings
    		// Race Session Length in Time (Minutes) if TIMED_RACE Flag() is set, LAPS otherwise.
    		"RaceLength" : 10,

// Default Race Start: 0 - Standing 1 - Rolling
    		"RaceRollingStart" : 0,

// Default Formation Lap: 0 - Disable 1 - Enable :: Only valid if "RaceRollingStart" is 1 (Rolling)
    		"RaceFormationLap" : 0,

// Default Mandatory Pitstop: 0 - Disable 1 - Enable
    		"RaceMandatoryPitStops" : 0,

// Default Practice Date and Time :: *DateHour is 24HR, no need for a leading 0 for early AM e.g. use 1 for 1AM, 8 for 8AM, 14 for 2PM
    		// "PracticeDateHour" : 6,

// Default Practice Time Progression Multiplier: 0 - OFF, 1 - Real Time, 2 - 2x, 5 - 5x, 10 - 10x, 15 - 15x, 20 - 20x, 25 - 25x, 30 - 30x, 40 - 40x, 50 - 50x, 60 - 60x
    		//"PracticeDateProgression" : 25,

// Default Practice Weather Progression Multiplier: 0 - Sync to Race, 1 - Real Time, 2 - 2x, 5 - 5x, 10 - 10x, 15 - 15x, 20 - 20x, 25 - 25x, 30 - 30x, 40 - 40x, 50 - 50x, 60 - 60x
    		//"PracticeWeatherProgression" : 0,

// Default Qualify Date and Time :: *DateHour is 24HR, no need for a leading 0 for early AM e.g. use 1 for 1AM, 8 for 8AM, 14 for 2PM
    		"QualifyDateHour" : 8,

// Default Qualify Time Progression Multiplier: 0 - OFF, 1 - Real Time, 2 - 2x, 5 - 5x, 10 - 10x, 15 - 15x, 20 - 20x, 25 - 25x, 30 - 30x, 40 - 40x, 50 - 50x, 60 - 60x
    		"QualifyDateProgression" : 1,

// Default Qualify Weather Progression Multiplier: 0 - Sync to Race, 1 - Real Time, 2 - 2x, 5 - 5x, 10 - 10x, 15 - 15x, 20 - 20x, 25 - 25x, 30 - 30x, 40 - 40x, 50 - 50x, 60 - 60x
    		"QualifyWeatherProgression" : 1,

// Default Race Date and Time :: *DateHour is 24HR, no need for a leading 0 for early AM e.g. use 1 for 1AM, 8 for 8AM, 14 for 2PM
    		"RaceDateYear" : 2017,
    		"RaceDateMonth" : 3,
    		"RaceDateDay" : 27,
    		"RaceDateHour" : 14,

// Default Race Time Progression Multiplier: 0 - OFF, 1 - Real Time, 2 - 2x, 5 - 5x, 10 - 10x, 15 - 15x, 20 - 20x, 25 - 25x, 30 - 30x, 40 - 40x, 50 - 50x, 60 - 60x
    		"RaceDateProgression" : 25,

// Default Race Weather Progression Multiplier: 0 - Sync to Race, 1 - Real Time, 2 - 2x, 5 - 5x, 10 - 10x, 15 - 15x, 20 - 20x, 25 - 25x, 30 - 30x, 40 - 40x, 50 - 50x, 60 - 60x
    		"RaceWeatherProgression" : 0,

// Weather Types for easy changing, including value, can use name or value
    		// For snow/cold seasons the date has to match the weather if you want snow accumilation
    		// Snow in a July race is weird, you will have flakes falling but no snow accumilation

// "Clear"
    			// "LightCloud"
    			// "MediumClud"
    			// "HeavyCloud"
    			// "Overcast"
    			// "Foggy" 
    			// "HeavyFog"
    			// "Hazy"
    			// "Storm" 
    			// "ThunderStorm" 
    			// "Rain" 
    			// "LightRain" 
    			// "snow"
    			// "heavysnow"
    			// "blizzard"
    			// "HeavyFog"
    			// "HeavyFogWithRain"
    			// "random"

// See /api/list/enums/weather via HTTP (http://127.0.0.1:9000/api/list/enums/weather)

// Default Practice Weather Slots: 0 - 4 Slots, 0 = "Real Weather" for ##CURRENT## date/time, NOT date/time set for the session
    		// Not clear if this is based on the track location or the location of the dedicated server. Need details from devs
    		// "PracticeWeatherSlots" : 4,
    		// "PracticeWeatherSlot1" : "Clear",
    		// "PracticeWeatherSlot2" : "Clear",
    		// "PracticeWeatherSlot3" : "Clear",
    		// "PracticeWeatherSlot4" : "Clear",

// Default Qualify Weather Slots: 0 - 4 Slots, 0 = "Real Weather" for ##CURRENT## date/time, NOT date/time set for the session
    		// Not clear if this is based on the track location or the location of the dedicated server. Need details from devs.
    		"QualifyWeatherSlots" : 4,
    		"QualifyWeatherSlot1" : "Clear",
    		"QualifyWeatherSlot2" : "Clear",
    		"QualifyWeatherSlot3" : "Clear",
    		"QualifyWeatherSlot4" : "Clear",

// Default Race Weather Slots: 0 - 4 Slots, 0 = "Real Weather" for ##CURRENT## date/time, NOT date/time set for the session
    		// Not clear if this is based on the track location or the location of the dedicated server. Need details from devs
    		"RaceWeatherSlots" : 4,
    		"RaceWeatherSlot1" : "Clear",
    		"RaceWeatherSlot2" : "Clear",
    		"RaceWeatherSlot3" : "Clear",
    		"RaceWeatherSlot4" : "Clear",
    	},

// The rotation. Array of setups to rotate. If empty, just the default setup will be used with no actual rotation happening.
    	//
    	// These setups are applied on top of the default setup, then applied to the game. Previous setup in the rotation is never used.
    	// So for example if you wanted to repeat the same track in multiple consecutive setups, different from the default track,
    	// each of those setups needs to explicitly include that track. Also remember that apart from the flags nothing can be "removed"
    	// from the default setup, so if the default setup contains a track, some track will always be enforced (either the default one,
    	// or the setup-specific one). And one last thing, these override setups can never include an attribute that's not specified in
    	// the default setup - it can just override some of the default attributes, not add new ones. The only exception are the
    	// track/vehicle/class attributes.
    	//
    	// Attributes in these setups can have a special attribute RemoveFlags set, which will remove the specified flags from the default
    	// setup instead of adding them to it (which is what the Flags attribute will do)

// WEC Track Rotation Reference 2017: Monza, Silverstone Int, Spa, Le Mans 24h, Nurburgring GP, COTA, Fuji, Shanghai, Bahrain
    		// WEC Dates in order MM/DD: 3/25, 4/16, 5/6, 6/17, 7/16, 9/3, 9/16, 10/15, 11/5, 11/18

// GTE Track Rotation Reference 2017: Same as GT3
    		// GTE Dates in order MM/DD: Same as GT3

// GT3 Blancpain Track Rotation 2017: Paul Ricard, Zolder, Monza, Brands Hatch GP, Silverstone Int, Paul Ricard, Misano, Spa, Spa24hr, Budapest, Nurburgring GP, Barcelona
    		// GT3 Dates in order MM/DD: 3/13-14, 4/6-8, 4/21-22, 5/5-6, 5/19-20, 6/1-2, 6/22-24, 7/3, 7/26-29, 8/31-9/2, 9/14-16, 9/29-30

// GT4 Euro Series North Cup Track Rotation 2017: Misano, Red Bull Ring GP, Brands Hatch GP, Slovakia Ring, Zandvoort, Nurburgring GP
    		// GT4 Dates in order MM/DD:  3/31-4/2, 6/9-11, 5/6-7, 6/14-16, 8/19-20, 9/15-17

// -- You can override any of the defaults listed above by specifying them per track/rotation as desired --
    		// -- Use [ "RemoveFlags" : "FLAGS_TO_REMOVE" ] to remove a flag e.g. (TC_ENABLED) from a particular track/car combo in the rotation

// Race 1 Donington Park National, California Highway Full
    		{
    			//"TrackId" : "Oschersleben A Course",
    			"VehicleModelId" : "Caterham SP/300.R",

"PracticeLength" : 0,
    			// "PracticeDateHour" : 6,

// "PracticeWeatherSlots" : 4,
    			// "PracticeWeatherSlot1" : "Clear",
    			// "PracticeWeatherSlot2" : "Overcast",
    			// "PracticeWeatherSlot3" : "Foggy",
    			// "PracticeWeatherSlot4" : "LightCloud",

"QualifyLength" : 60,
    			"QualifyDateHour" : 8,

"QualifyWeatherSlots" : 4,
    			"QualifyWeatherSlot1" : "Foggy",
    			"QualifyWeatherSlot2" : "Overcast",
    			"QualifyWeatherSlot3" : "LightCloud",
    			"QualifyWeatherSlot4" : "Clear",

//"ManualRollingStarts" : 0,
    			//"RaceRollingStart" : 0,
    			//"RaceFormationLap" : 0,
    			//"RaceMandatoryPitStops" : 0,

"RaceLength" : 0,

"RaceDateYear" : 2017,
    			"RaceDateMonth" : 3,
    			"RaceDateDay" : 27,
    			"RaceDateHour" : 14,

"RaceWeatherSlots" : 4,
    			"RaceWeatherSlot1" : "Clear",
    			"RaceWeatherSlot2" : "MediumCloud",
    			"RaceWeatherSlot3" : "HeavyCloud",
    			"RaceWeatherSlot4" : "Hazy",
    		},
    	]
    }
    (Qualifying only for hotlapping contest)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Very odd. Used those unchanged files now myself, and the error still exists.

Even changed the game language from german to english, but still the same. There must be some kind of collision with this german "ü", because every other track works absolutely fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dedi1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	252344
    Last edited by Racing4Life; 28-03-2018 at 17:54.

Platform
    PC
    Looks that the problem is that the ascii code 129 (ü) is not avaliable in your languaje from command line. Many symbols abobe 128 changes depending your regional configuration.

To confirm if this is the problem, open CMD and type "ü" or ALT+129 to see if appears the superscript "³". To obtaint "ü" in command line you need to type ALT+0129. If it works and you see "ü", you can edit the file with an old TEXT editor and changing "³" for ALT+0129. If you edit the file with Notepad again, the "ü" is saved as ASCII 129 and it will not work, because in DOS format you will get "³" again.

Probably you can do it with Notepad++ or other native DOS file editor.

Edit: You can do it with Wordpad using save as unformated text and then MS-DOS format text.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 28-03-2018 at 19:37.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator

Platform
    PC
    Maybe you edited the rotate config without utf-8 encoding (Bad Editor or wrong settings?).
    Like Asturbo said, there is a problem with nonascii characters. I think you can solve it by setting up your editor or use another editor like Notepad++ or sublime. I prefer atom.

I had the same issue on Nürburgring Combined with my servermanager tool. My script was not reading and writing in UTF-8 mode. After the fix it was working. With manual editing it is the editors fault on saving the file with wrong settings.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Wieneke View Post
    I came for this request this morning. It would really help to have one log file per event instead of a forever growing file. Is someone capable of to set this up in the sms_stats.lua? It would help to autmatically analyze the file after an event session is over. We do want to extract data for track records and of course race results too.
    No automatic copy of files to track all started events but my servermanager is deleting the file automaticly on serverstart. Idea is great to copy the file with date/timeprefix to backup all statfiles.
    Last edited by neslane; 29-03-2018 at 00:01.
    http://www.gef-gaming.de // Project Cars 2 GT3 League & Multi Gaming Community | ServerManager-GUI // Server starter / Weather randomizer / Multiple Servers/Configs

“A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”
    The following user likes this Post: Racing4Life

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    @Asturbo: I'm from germany, we basicly invented the "ü".

@neslane: Thanks for pointing me into the right direction. The file wasnt saved as UTF-8, now it is, and now all is working fine.
    The following user likes this Post: neslane

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    It happens to me that everything is loaded well in the CMD and in the IP address 127.0.0.1:9000, but then in the list of servers the created room does not appear, and in this list it appears http: // cars2-stats -steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/servers why can this be? Greetings. I'm on PC
    Last edited by Jhony1; 02-04-2018 at 21:05.

Platform
    PC
    What are your steam and game ports?
    Maybe your firewall / router is blocking the server. Are you trying on your home pc or on a remote/dedicated server?
    http://www.gef-gaming.de // Project Cars 2 GT3 League & Multi Gaming Community | ServerManager-GUI // Server starter / Weather randomizer / Multiple Servers/Configs

“A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Let's see, the ports of the game and steam, are those that come out in the CMD ?, I do not know exactly if you refer to those. I am creating the server from my pc. If it's my firewall, how can I do it so I can create the server?
    Thank you

If you do not mind, I'll pass the ports to you so you can see them