Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69

Thread: Microsoft Mixed Reality and Project Cars 2

  1. #1
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    168
    Platform
    PC

    Microsoft Mixed Reality and Project Cars 2

    Will Project Cars 2 support new VR headsets - Microsoft Mixed Reality?

    I'm looking into getting Samsung Odyssey https://www.samsung.com/us/computing...e800zaa-hc1us/ but would like to know if Project Cars 2 is planning to support MS MR.
    System specs:
    CPU - i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz
    GPU - ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 @ 2050 Mhz / 8400 Mhz
    Motherboard - ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero
    RAM - 16 GB (2x8 GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad


  2. #2
    WMD Member Mad Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Suffolk, England
    Posts
    2,904
    They are supposed to work with Steam VR, so there shouldn't need to be anything done to get them to work, just fire up PC or PC2 and tell it to run Steam VR mode.

    i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

    Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

    HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

  3. #3
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    168
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    They are supposed to work with Steam VR, so there shouldn't need to be anything done to get them to work, just fire up PC or PC2 and tell it to run Steam VR mode.
    Currently I don't launch the game through SteamVR. I right click on the game from the Library list and select Oculus Rift. I didn't even setup SteamVR to play it with Oculus Rift. And if you go into Project Cars 2 config file directory then there are two config files - one for Oculus and one for Vive. So, I'm wondering if PCars 2 will have that support and add MR headset configuration.
    Last edited by AOD_ZedZedski; 01-11-2017 at 16:17.
    System specs:
    CPU - i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz
    GPU - ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 @ 2050 Mhz / 8400 Mhz
    Motherboard - ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero
    RAM - 16 GB (2x8 GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz

  4. #4
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    38
    ^ There's no point in reinventing the wheel. As pointed out Steam VR support is due to come to the Microsoft MR headsets later this year. Once it does voila!

    Got my eye on the Samsung myself as it has a significant (1.7x) resolution boost over the Rift and Vive for a similar FoV. Just hope they decide to release it in Europe.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mobo: Gigabyte X79-UD3 (F16) | CPU: Intel i7 4930k @ 4.3Ghz + Corsair H100| RAM: G Skill Ripjaws 16Gb DDR3 @ 1600Mhz | Audio: Creative X-Fi Titanium
    GPU: Reference Nvidia GTX 1080 with EVGA hybrid kit | | Disks: 128GB+260GB SSD (O/S and game installs), 1TB HDD (storage)| PSU: Corsair AX850W | O/S: Win 10 Home 64bit
    Input: Fanatec CSW v2 (fw176/driver 250) with Porsche 918 rim, CSP, CSS SQ + CSH | Display: 3x Asus VE278Q + Rift CV1 | Sound: Sennhieser PC360 Headphones


    In game settings: Rift - mainly low/medium settings, high car/texture details, DS2M | Monitor - mainly high everything | Launcher Options - dx11mt

  5. #5
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    168
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenb View Post
    ^ There's no point in reinventing the wheel. As pointed out Steam VR support is due to come to the Microsoft MR headsets later this year. Once it does voila!

    Got my eye on the Samsung myself as it has a significant (1.7x) resolution boost over the Rift and Vive for a similar FoV. Just hope they decide to release it in Europe.
    Thanks!
    Well, as long as I can run the game using that headset is good enough. I'm just curious to know if there will be a full support for these headsets.
    System specs:
    CPU - i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz
    GPU - ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 @ 2050 Mhz / 8400 Mhz
    Motherboard - ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero
    RAM - 16 GB (2x8 GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz

  6. #6
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ZedZedski View Post
    Thanks!
    Well, as long as I can run the game using that headset is good enough. I'm just curious to know if there will be a full support for these headsets.
    The Windows Mixed Reality SteamVR app is in private beta. You can keep up with progress here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/719950/discussions/

    You might be able to just add the game's link to your Steam library and launch it that way if you didn't purchase it directly from Steam. We don't know when this is going to be released to the public, but "by the end of the year" is the last I heard. I play a lot of PC2 and have pre-ordered the Odyssey, so I really hope this ends up working out. I am looking forward to a resolution bump.
    The following user likes this Post: AOD_ZedZedski


  7. #7
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    168
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by tineras View Post
    The Windows Mixed Reality SteamVR app is in private beta. You can keep up with progress here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/719950/discussions/

    You might be able to just add the game's link to your Steam library and launch it that way if you didn't purchase it directly from Steam. We don't know when this is going to be released to the public, but "by the end of the year" is the last I heard. I play a lot of PC2 and have pre-ordered the Odyssey, so I really hope this ends up working out. I am looking forward to a resolution bump.
    Thanks for the info!
    System specs:
    CPU - i7 7700k @ 4.8 Ghz
    GPU - ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 @ 2050 Mhz / 8400 Mhz
    Motherboard - ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero
    RAM - 16 GB (2x8 GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz

  8. #8
    GT4 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Lakeside QR
    Posts
    2,842
    Platform
    PC
    The Samsung Odyssey looks like this will be my first VR purchase after trying the HP version today and was impressed and being that the Samsung has a OLED display and higher resolution should be a great and somewhat cheaper VR experience .

    Tracking was spot on but the demo experiences i tried where nothing great but the head movement and hand tracking was pretty perfect .
    The hand controllers felt a little cheap but did the job . There was no charging slot and they just used what seemed to be a couple of AA batteries (i couldn't open the slot to check , my hands where to slippery ,lol QLD heat)

    The PC demoing this had 1080 SLI ! Quite sure SLI isn't supported but the rig had SLI .

    I just hope for full Steam integration .
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC @2088MHz/12008MHz/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz(@1.41v@84c)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 2TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p/ GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ McLaren GT3/ CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ VR: Oculus Rift/ 2ndLastJedi

  9. #9
    WMD Member Invincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Near Frankfurt a.M.
    Posts
    3,092
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    The Samsung Odyssey looks like this will be my first VR purchase after trying the HP version today and was impressed and being that the Samsung has a OLED display and higher resolution should be a great and somewhat cheaper VR experience .

    Tracking was spot on but the demo experiences i tried where nothing great but the head movement and hand tracking was pretty perfect .
    The hand controllers felt a little cheap but did the job . There was no charging slot and they just used what seemed to be a couple of AA batteries (i couldn't open the slot to check , my hands where to slippery ,lol QLD heat)

    The PC demoing this had 1080 SLI ! Quite sure SLI isn't supported but the rig had SLI .

    I just hope for full Steam integration .
    I was really curious about the Samsung Odyssey, since I ditched my Rift because it couldn't bear with the "low" resolution anymore, but seemingly, the Odyssey won't be sold in Europe, which is a really bad decision imo.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing



    New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

  10. #10
    GT4 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Lakeside QR
    Posts
    2,842
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    I was really curious about the Samsung Odyssey, since I ditched my Rift because it couldn't bear with the "low" resolution anymore, but seemingly, the Odyssey won't be sold in Europe, which is a really bad decision imo.
    Oh wow , i keep looking for the Samsung here in Australia also but it isn't popping up either ! I hope it comes here !
    So far there only seem to be Dell and HP !
    The HP did feel pretty good but the Samsung will be better so maybe importing it if thats the only hope .
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC @2088MHz/12008MHz/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz(@1.41v@84c)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 2TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p/ GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ McLaren GT3/ CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ VR: Oculus Rift/ 2ndLastJedi

Similar Threads

  1. Support for Windows Mixed Reality headset?
    By Kunal_Racedriver in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-10-2017, 13:33
  2. Which Virtual Reality Device works With Project Cars?
    By Saloei in forum Virtual Reality Devices Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-04-2017, 12:18
  3. Is this already shared? Project Cars vs. Reality
    By goeiste in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-08-2015, 13:29
  4. Mixed class racing
    By DRIPPi3 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2015, 08:06
  5. GT and lmp not mixed @ le mans
    By ELAhrairah in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-05-2015, 23:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •