Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Microsoft Mixed Reality and Project Cars 2

Platform
    PC
    We talk a lot about the hardware, but I think the software on the rift is very well designed, and allows you to get the absolute best out of the headset. When you have to run a game through Steam VR on the rift it does seem less smooth overall. I've had my rift for nearly two years now, and I have to say although I love it, the lack of resolution is the thing I am most unhappy with (states the obvious). I keep my eyes peeled for CV2 or something equivalent, but that still seems a way off unfortunately, total silence on that front.

One of the main problems I think, is that the entry price for a good VR capable PC is still very high due to the GPU shortage/mining, so whereas Oculus et al might have expected the entry price to become much lower two years down the line, the hike in memory and GPU prices have stalled progress a bit.

The fixed foveated rendering in the new Oculus Go does seem like a neat solution though, hopefully that might push things on a bit for the next wave of displays.
    Last edited by John Hargreaves; 27-03-2018 at 06:44.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BigDad, GrimeyDog

WMD Member
    Hi guys, for those in the know. I have an Odyssey and was looking to use it instead of my Rift. Can someone tell me how to use the Dev Portal? I've downloaded it but cannot see anything that lets me select Performance to check if I'm getting 90hz?
    Thanks in advance
    Intel i7-6700K CPU @ 4.40GHz/Asus Z170 Pro Gaming mobo/16GB DDR4/GTX 1080ti 11GB/W10
    Control - SimXperience Accuforce/HE Pro Pedals/CSS SQ/Motion - SimXperience 2dof/Tactile - SimVibe
    Display - 3 x Acer XZ271 monitors/Oculus Rift CV1/Samsung Odyssey WMR/

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by museumsteve View Post
    Hi guys, for those in the know. I have an Odyssey and was looking to use it instead of my Rift. Can someone tell me how to use the Dev Portal? I've downloaded it but cannot see anything that lets me select Performance to check if I'm getting 90hz?
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by AutoCliubMonaco; 12-08-2018 at 07:39.