Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Mixed Reality and Project Cars 2

Platform
    PC
    How does the Microsoft Mixed Reality headset compare to the Rift and Vive?
    PRIME Z270A | i5-7600K @ 4.7GHz | 16GB @ 3200MHz | RX580 (8GB) @ 1390/2200MHz | G920 with GTEYE springs and H-shifter
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Raklodder View Post
    How does the Microsoft Mixed Reality headset compare to the Rift and Vive?
    I'm curious about that too!
    Project Cars 2 PC, Logitech G29, Windows 10 x64, Intel i5 2500K@4.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 970, Oculus Rift. Running like butter! Smooth!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I have a HTC vive and a Samsung Odyssey. Picture quality is clearly better on the Odyssey but I can't get it to run without a weird glitchyness when I turn the my head. I tried reinstalling Steam VR and it's only PCARS 2 that has this problem...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post
    I have tried them, but not in Project Cars. The resolution in the Windows MR is noticeably better, but not perfect. The Samsung does not feel to me much better than the other Windows MR headsets, and is more uncomfortable IMO. Might return it.
    I'm returning mine today. Tired of having my nose smashed in. Hopefully the rift doesn't look too much worse...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    And I'm the guy who is either the lucky ones or the stupid ones. But I'm so glad that I returned the Vive and got the Samsung Odyssey. I like the picture quality so much better than the Vive. I like the headphones and microphones so much better than the Vives deluxe head strap. The nose thing I've seen people complain about it. The Samsung actually has a wide area for your nose. But it has some flaps to prevent light leaks. What I do is make sure the flaps are down before I put the headset on. Then it doesn't bother me at all, but like I said I must be one of the lucky ones. And I like the fact that it rests on my forehead instead of my face like the Vive did. For me, it makes it more comfortable. I can easily do 2 hours without a problem. And can probably go longer.
    Last edited by coloracer; 08-12-2017 at 23:17.
    I7 7700K@5.0GHz | ASUS Z170 | 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 (as of May 18th, 2018) | 500GB SSD | 2TB HDD | Fanatec CSW 2.5 - BMW GT2 & Formula Black Wheels | TH8A Shifter | Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals | Samsung Odyssey HMD
    VoiceAttack Profile: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ntrol)-Profile
    The following user likes this Post: MrTulip

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by coloracer View Post
    And I'm the guy who is either the lucky ones or the stupid ones. But I'm so glad that I returned the Vive and got the Samsung Odyssey. I like the picture quality so much better than the Vive. I like the headphones and microphones so much better than the Vives deluxe head strap. The nose thing I've seen people complain about it. The Samsung actually has a wide area for your nose. But it has some flaps to prevent light leaks. What I do is make sure the flaps are down before I put the headset on. Then it doesn't bother me at all, but like I said I must be one of the lucky ones. And I like the fact that it rests on my forehead instead of my face like the Vive did. For me, it makes it more comfortable. I can easily do 2 hours without a problem. And can probably go longer.
    How do you find tracking compared to VIVE? Does Odyssey lag or lose position?
    Intel i7-6900K 3.2@4.4 GHz | Asus X99-A USB3.1 | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia Titan X (Pascal) | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | SST Lightning H-shifter | Oculus Rift CV1 | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTulip View Post
    How do you find tracking compared to VIVE? Does Odyssey lag or lose position?
    Of course, while doing SimRacing tracking is not a problem at all since the only thing you're doing is using the headset (no controllers). Even when playing SuperHot VR or Space Pirate Trainer there is not a problem at all with the controllers.

There is a guy on YouTube that has a channel called Mixed Reality TV. He's done many videos with at least two WMR headsets. But in this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uySFvKSb9Jk) video, he tests games that really need good tracking.

He also tested PC2 and AC. However, he's not a SimRacer.
    I7 7700K@5.0GHz | ASUS Z170 | 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 (as of May 18th, 2018) | 500GB SSD | 2TB HDD | Fanatec CSW 2.5 - BMW GT2 & Formula Black Wheels | TH8A Shifter | Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals | Samsung Odyssey HMD
    VoiceAttack Profile: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ntrol)-Profile
    The following user likes this Post: MrTulip

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by coloracer View Post
    And I like the fact that it rests on my forehead instead of my face like the Vive did. For me, it makes it more comfortable. I can easily do 2 hours without a problem. And can probably go longer.
    Yeah I must have a prominent nose because it basically supported the weight of the entire headset . I actually had a sore for a couple days.

I have my Rift now, and it is slightly disappointing compared to the Odyssey as far as the display. Now I realize what "god rays" are (I don't remember the Odyssey having any). And of course the Odyssey is sharper. And white shapes in the Rift have yellow edges to them (pretty sure Odyssey didn't do that). BUT for my face the Rift is 10x more comfortable! And to me the screen door effect is the same in both.

Odyssey tracking was flawless for me.

(Also a plus for the Rift is no hangs or crashes!)

Platform
    PC
    Well, I guess be Rift or WMR still a immature product

I was hoping things would be better now after rift being out for a while and they would come up with a better resolution version but nothing. Other companies do higher res displays but lack developing the devices properly.

I'll put my VR set up on hold until feb next year and hope they have fixed things at a software level and that other companies are also doing it properly as I can't get the Samsung in the UK, so it would need to be another brand
    Project Cars 2 PC, Logitech G29, Windows 10 x64, Intel i5 2500K@4.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 970, Oculus Rift. Running like butter! Smooth!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Just to bring this back from the dead, I am curious about MR headset over a Rift. Initially the high res looks good and cost is similar but I guess if you can up the SS to 1.6 or 1.8 for example it will require a good GPU.

So I'm thinking the Rift can handle lower fps rates, but the MR would need 90fps all the time as it doesn't have ASW to fall back on, so bumping up the SS to make the most of the better display will mean your going to struggle even with a good GPU to hit 90fps with higher SS settings?