Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Custom Random Weather Automator"

Platform
    PC

"Custom Random Weather Automator"

Current version: 1.6.0

This tool automatically and randomly sets the weather slots for custom races. Weather types can be excluded if desired and probability of adverse and extreme weather can be configured.
    Both PC and PS4 are supported.

Requirements

- Windows 10 (I haven't tested other versions)
    - (PS4) PS4 Remote Play for Windows - Allows remote control of the PS4 via PC.
    - The Custom Random Weather Automator in x64 or x86 version.

Setup

(PS4) Install PS4 Remote Play.

Interface

"Clear", "light cloud", "medium cloud", "heavy cloud", "overcast" and "hazy" are considered optimal conditions. When setting "Probability of adverse weather during this race" to 0 one of those optimal conditions will be chosen randomly for each weather slot.

By default the automator offers a 20% probability of an adverse weather type occurring during the race. There is a 10% probability that that adverse weather type will be of the "extreme" variant and a 90% probability it will be from the "suboptimal" variant. "Snow", "Heavy snow" and "Blizzard" are disabled by default.

Some examples:

1. You want a 50% probability of "light rain" or "rain" during your race and are not interested in any other adverse weather types:
    - Disable all weather types except for the two you want.
    - Set "Probability of adverse weather during this race" to 50.
    - Adjust "Number of weather slots selected in game" and "Down presses needed to save" to mirror the settings in game.

2. You like all weather types equally, except for snow, which you want disabled. You want a 1 in 4 probability of adverse weather:
    - Assign all weather types to "Suboptimal".
    - Disable "Snow", "Heavy snow" and "Blizzard".
    - Set "Probability of adverse weather during this race" to 25.
    - Adjust "Number of weather slots selected in game" and "Down presses needed to save" to mirror the settings in game.

3. You're racing at Imola in June and want realistic weather:
    - Find weather statistics for the location of the circuit; I'm mostly using yr.no.

- Calculate the percentage of days it has rained in that month. In the case of Imola in June: 6/30*100 = 20%.
    - Set "Probability of adverse weather during this race" to 20.

Usage

1. Run CustomRandomWeatherAutomator-vx.x.x-x64.exe or CustomRandomWeatherAutomator-vx.x.x-x86.exe on your PC.
    2. (PC) Start PCars 2. (PS4) Boot your PS4, start PS4 Remote Play on your PC, connect to your PS4 through Remote Play and start PCars 2.
    3. Go to the "Race Settings" screen in PCars 2 and change all settings to your liking, including the number of weather slots.
    4. Finally, highlight the first weather slot, like this. This is important, since all the keyboard inputs sent by the automator have this item as starting point.
    5. Press alt-tab to show the Custom Random Weather Automator window. Make sure the window running PCars 2 is still visible on your desktop; it should not be minimized.
    6. Set the Platform toggle to match your platform, either PC or PS4.
    7. Set up weather types and probabilities to your liking in the Custom Random Weather Automator.
    8. Make sure "Number of weather slots selected in game" matches the number of slots you chose in step 2.
    9. Make sure "Down presses needed to save" matches the number of arrow key down presses needed to reach "Save" at the bottom of the PCars 2 "Race Settings" screen. For instance, in this screenshot it's 4, since "mandatory pit stop" is greyed out.
    10. Press "Go" and wait for the countdown to expire. If all goes well the automator will automatically bring the PCars 2 window to the foreground, fill each weather slot with random weather and save the race settings. At this point you should actually look away from the screen.
    11. When the automator is done you'll hear a notification sound meaning you can watch the screen again. You should be back to the main custom event screen without knowing what weather to expect. Don't reopen the race settings screen, obviously, or you'll spoil the random weather surprise.

Remarks

- There's other, better, cooler ways to do this (Rubbery Ducky usb, presenting Linux as bluetooth client device to PS4, build a Lego NXT controller wielding robot). However, this was free and took little effort.
    - There's barely any checking in the code, so use common sense. For instance: assigning all weather types to "suboptimal" combined with "Probability of adverse weather during this race" set to 100 and "Probability of adverse weather being extreme" set to 100 makes no sense; the automator will only be allowed to assign extreme weather types, yet it will not have any extreme weather types to choose from.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Zenzic; 22-11-2017 at 22:27.

Platform
    PC
    This being a third-party tool for PS4 I'm not sure if this belongs here. Feel free to move to the PS4 subforum.

Platform
    PC
    I've revised the code a bit. The tool works a lot faster now. I've also replaced the "standing start" box with a selector for the number of D-pad down presses needed to reach the "save" button. This means the tool can now also be used for practice and qualifying sessions.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    That looks great, if it worked as an android app i'd be all over it.

Platform
    PC
    I'm willing to put some work in to make it compatible with the PC and Xbox versions of PCars 2, but I have zero experience programming for Android, I'm afraid. Also, automatic weather slot selection is quite a key part of this tool and I'm not sure how that would work on a mobile platform since remote control is needed for consoles.
    Last edited by Zenzic; 17-11-2017 at 14:54.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Great tool, nice!

I'm on xbox and would love this. Perhaps Xbox Smart Glass can be used? Found something that may or may not be of help: http://destinytracker.com/guides/18/...x-with-your-pc

Platform
    PC
    I'll gladly try and support Xbox too. As long as you're able to press the arrow keys on your pc and those key presses get sent through to PCars 2 on your Xbox it should work. Could you give that a try?

I also need the title of the window of the Smart Glass app. You can follow the steps I posted here.

Platform
    PC
    I've updated the code to match the title of the PCars 2 window on PC. In theory it should now also activate the PC version of PCars 2 to automatically set weather slots.

I'm not able to test the PC version myself. Could someone on PC give it a try and let me know if it works?

Please follow these steps closely:

1. Start the random weather tool
    2. Start PCars 2
    3. In-game: "Quick Play" > "Custom Race" > "Race Settings"
    4. In-game: set the desired number of weather slots
    5. In-game: highlight the first weather slot, like this.
    6. Press alt-tab to switch to the random weather tool. Make sure the PCars 2 window is still visible, it should not be minimized!
    7. Tool: make sure "Number of weather slots selected in game" matches the number of slots you chose in step 4.
    8. Tool: make sure "Down presses needed to save" matches the number of arrow key down presses needed to reach "Save". For instance, in this screenshot it's 4, since "mandatory pit stop" is greyed out.
    9. Press "Go" and wait for the countdown to expire. If all goes well the tool will automatically bring the PCars 2 window to the foreground, fill each weather slot with random weather and save the race settings.

Remark: the tool searches for any window with a title starting with "Project CARS 2". So if you have any other window open with a matching title it will open the wrong window.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Zenzic; 19-11-2017 at 20:04.

Platform
    PC
    awesome, nice tool - the random weather in game is completely silly but this is a very ingenious way to work around it

not tried it yet, but next time I'm playing pCARS2 I certainly will
    Crew Chief details here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-for-PC-users
    Website, download link and forum: http://thecrewchief.org
    Or make a donation, if you think the chief needs to drink more beer:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=LW33XFXP4DPZE
    The following user likes this Post: Zenzic

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Ok, so I tried to follow your instructions. Not sure Smart Glass is controllable with arrow keys though. Anyway, here is the screenshot with info on Xbox Smart Glass:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xbox.PNG 
Views:	417 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	245405

This is from windows 10, x64.
    The following user likes this Post: Zenzic