Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Custom Random Weather Automator"

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I've not found a way to control the game from the pc's keyboard. The xbox app on windows has a 'remote mode', with A/B/X/Y-buttons, and d-pad arrows, but pressing those doesn't do anything on the actual xbox. Project cars 2 running on xbox, of course.
    Maybe someone else has more knowledge on this. I'll see if I can figure something out.

Platform
    PC
    @mr_belowski: Thanks! I'm looking forward to your feedback! (And whether or not the window focusing actually works on PC now too. )

@Maskmagog: Thanks for the screenshot! Should you figure out how to pass keyboard inputs through to the Xbox, let me know!

Edit: Reading about SmartGlass it doesn't seem promising for what I'm trying to do here. It looks like it serves more as a second screen app with some limited functionality as opposed to actually remote controlling the console.
    Last edited by Zenzic; 17-11-2017 at 23:54.

Platform
    PS4
    Wow. That's pretty awesome. Thanks man.
    The following user likes this Post: Zenzic

Platform
    PS4
    Tried this with PS4 & laptop, works a treat once I did the down presses to start right. Thanks alot for this.
    The following user likes this Post: Zenzic

Platform
    PC
    Good to hear you're enjoying the tool, guys!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    man, this looks awesome! I've noticed folk mentioning the Xbox box on this thread...is it compatible with it? I'd love to try it. Thanks!
    Xbox One X!

Platform
    PC
    I'm afraid it isn't compatible with Xbox. The tool runs on Windows and sends key presses to PCars 2, either directly to the windows version of PCars 2, or to PS4 through the PS4 Remote Play app on Windows. I haven't yet found an easy way to remotely control an Xbox from Windows. Feel free to let me know if you find something. I'll happily adapt the tool.

Edit: maybe someone with an Xbox could give game streaming a try? If this allows you to control menus in PCars 2 through Windows 10 with the keyboard arrow keys then I could make this tool work with Xbox too.
    Last edited by Zenzic; 21-11-2017 at 13:32.

Platform
    PC
    Updated to version 1.6.0.

Changes:
    - The tool made it rain too often when more than one weather slot was selected. My intuitive programming of the probability calculations was wrong. Wanting an x% probability of rain during a race obviously does not equate to having that same x% probability of rain when randomly populating more than one weather slot - e.g., when wanting a 50% probability of rain some time during the race, 50% probability of rain for each of the four slots incorrectly results in a 93.75% probability of rain during the race, while 15.9% probability per slot does result in 50% for the race. This is now fixed with the right formula: 1-(1-probabilityofadverse)^(1/numberofweatherslots)
    - Got rid of the PC/PS4 selector. The tool now simply tries activate both types of windows and sends its key presses to the window that responds.
    - Some rewording for clarity.
    Last edited by Zenzic; 22-11-2017 at 22:48.
    The following user likes this Post: SergeMaltesse

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    @Zenzic I've already tested your application and it works perfectly.

Finally the random weather makes sense.

I recommend this application to anyone who wants to configure races with a random, variable and realistic weather.

Thanks Zenzic.

Platform
    PC
    This a great way to workaround PCARS 2 nonsense, sending snow at Australia in summer season and things like that.

But obviously we hope SMS will get it sorted in-game at some point, because this workaround has its limitations. In a 12-24 hours race, cycling trough the same 4 slots time and time again is not really nice.

There should be some more intelligence on the RANDOM in-game slot; it should consider the location or, at least, the season selected. Actually SMS should take a look in this app interface in put it in-game, but combined with the random slot, not fixing 4 slots.
    The following user likes this Post: Demon340