Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can someone explain me this?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

can someone explain me this?

Hi,

I'm on the ginetta cup (i'm a beginner) on brands hatch.
    Looks like the weather is the same on qualif and race, i did a good qualif at 1m40+- the car is very responsive, i know the track for my level of driving
    So i start at pole, and the car is a soap, it's still dry but i can't get any turn the way i did on qualif and the car i slippy like in a storm

Do i miss someting here? Why is that happening?

Thank you for your enlightenment

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Are you sure that the tires specification/tires pressures were the same as in qualif?
    Maybe it is safer to reload the qualif setup (if you still not have completed the race)

Platform
    PS4
    Did I read that right? Soapbox derby
    "Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." Collin McRae

Platform
    PC
    in quali, the brakes and tires start out cold. at race start, they are pre-warmed to simulate the team warming up the car + formation lap, so you need to adjust the setup accordingly.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula F1 2018 Wheel
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

WMD Member
    Double check the tires you have on from the Telemetry HUD.

Also what AbeWoz said. I don't remember if this race has rain though...
    Gaming Rig: ASRock z77 Extreme4, Intel Core i5 3570K OC @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v, Samsung 840 PRO 250GB SSD, EVGA GTX 970 SSC ASX 2.0 4GB OC'd like a beast! +156 core, +406 mem +0mv, Corsair H100i, 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws X Series 10-10-10-30-2N DDR3, Lots-O-Fans
    Controller: Logitech G25 Steering Wheel
    Output: 55" LG 3D SmartTV
    Seat: Need to buy one or something....

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by holybtn View Post
    Hi,

I'm on the ginetta cup (i'm a beginner) on brands hatch.
    Looks like the weather is the same on qualif and race, i did a good qualif at 1m40+- the car is very responsive, i know the track for my level of driving
    So i start at pole, and the car is a soap, it's still dry but i can't get any turn the way i did on qualif and the car i slippy like in a storm

Do i miss someting here? Why is that happening?

Thank you for your enlightenment
    You have to reload your previous qualy setup before the race begins, in the previous screen. Actually, reload your setup everytime you get back to pits even during the same session not just only once at the beginning of it, or you will run into more serious problems than an uncontrollable car, such as engine overheating and blowing up, lelz tyre wear etc.

It's probably the worst issue in the game along with the weather not being the same for everybody in an online race, which is another epic one btw.

Platform
    PC
    For some reason I recall that particular race having light snow, while practice and quali did not. Thus the actual race was slippery compared to everything else. But you seem to indicate on yours it is dry. Just the description of this though sounds like you're experiencing the snowy feel without actually seeing the snow. /shrugs

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanx for your answers,

But i don't think it's a weather issue, it's dry, no rain and no snow, when the race starts the radios saiys just that a little rain can come in a few minutes

I tried to reload the stable setup, i checked the tires and tried to manually choose the right ones, and it's still like i'm in disney on ice, but the opponents are not, i'm last at the first turn....really strange

Platform
    PC
    I do believe to remember this race from a few days ago. If so, the crew gave you some different tyres for the race, as there will be rain after a few laps. At least if you leave your setup as is (tyre choice according to weather) AI was very strong though, so I wasn´t successful in that race at all.

If you want to find out for sure, don´t quit the race early but go on carefully and see whether it will rain.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    i'll do some tests this afternoon if i can, i'll let you know
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981