Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassins Creed - Origins

Platform
    XBOX1 X

Assassins Creed - Origins

Curious there was no thread for this yet. I just bought this game, does anyone here play it? I've been watching some review and gameplay videos for the last few hours and holy cow, this game world seems like the most detailed and rich open world environment I've ever seen. Until today I think that honor went to Horizon Zero Dawn but AC Origins just seems to be on yet another level.

I never played any other AC before though but I read in interviews this one is now more "RPG" and "FarCry-ish" than older AC games so for me that's good I guess.

But seriously the game looks absolutely phenomenal. Highly detailed cities and foliage in nature, a jaw dropping draw distance, very pretty colour palette, gorgeous underwater gameplay, great sound effects, a big map and the HDR footage from Digital Foundry looks incredible. 4 years in the making by Ubisoft Montreal I heard and they sure went the extra mile to get the historical info correct, even had a motion capture guy on a camel. Maybe I'm biased because ancient Egypt and Greece are the periods and locations in history that interest me the most. But still... I can't wait to play this game!

Anyway I got the Dawn of the Creed physical edition with the figurine and season pass ordered for XBox, my XBox One X should ship next week as well so hopefully by the following weekend both will be here.

Ubisoft released the post-launch support details as well:

enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Grijo, Maskmagog

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I've played all of 'em over the years - it's had highs and lows like any yearly outing. They appear to have done a Witcher on Creed. It's no bad thing. I am, though, waiting until I receive a proper box to play it on come Tuesday. I have it installed on the external but I'm not playing it until the XOX arrives.
    I used to play that pinball, I used to go outside. I had to spend my money, get on your bus and ride. I used to go out dancing, put on my high-heeled shoes. Get in my short black chevy, go on a downtown cruise. I feel a little bit mixed up, maybe I'm obsolete. All us pinball pool sharks, we just can't compete.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, ShneebnaMRR108

Platform
    PS4
    I've been playing on the One and it's probably my favorite AC (I've played 'em all since the beginning) since Black Flag. So much to do, so many quests and side quests and things to discover. Taking a year off may have revived this series in the best way.
    PSN Gamertag - MillsLayne
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Innerspace HQ

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by MillsLayne View Post
    I've been playing on the One and it's probably my favorite AC (I've played 'em all since the beginning) since Black Flag. So much to do, so many quests and side quests and things to discover. Taking a year off may have revived this series in the best way.
    It did need a good shake up, that's for sure. Looks fantastic, dying to get torn into it, but it's only a couple more days and I've got annual leave booked for it.

Am I the only one who didn't enjoy Black Flag? I think they did a slightly better job with Syndicate but they really needed to do something different to move forward. All the RPG elements they've added are right up my street. Looks like Witcher 3 but in Egypt. I'll take that gladly. It's meant to look the absolute nuts on the XOX too.

Interesting: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/11/04/t...-creed-origins
    I used to play that pinball, I used to go outside. I had to spend my money, get on your bus and ride. I used to go out dancing, put on my high-heeled shoes. Get in my short black chevy, go on a downtown cruise. I feel a little bit mixed up, maybe I'm obsolete. All us pinball pool sharks, we just can't compete.
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yeah I’m hyped as well, a lot of stuff going on this week:

- my Xbox One X Scorpio edition should be delivered
    - my AC Origins Dawn of the Creed edition should be delivered
    - AC patch 1.03 is recently released which enables HDR for consoles

Already got a 65” 4K HDR TV and 4K HDR Denon A/V receiver.

Good times are upon us.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following user likes this Post: Grijo

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    I'm about 20 hours in and it's incredible. Although I must say I was never really let down by the series. For me the low-point was 3. Black flag was nice and different, but it suffered from the same problem as 3, that is that the cities/villages were really unimpressive(low and mostly wooden buildings). Unity (which was pretty bug-free for me strange enough) was a bit better and I loved Syndicate if only for it's setting. Origins blows them all out of the water with it's incredible ancient atmosphere. And it's BIG! It's also the perfect mix between an RPG light and an action games(RPG's are generally not that good at action), because although I like a bit of leveling and item improvement, it shouldn't be something that is the main thing you think about in a game. It should come natural(IMHO).
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

-///Mario Andretti (/ MaximusDoriftus (Steam))

The following 3 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Innerspace HQ, ShneebnaMRR108

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    Yeah I’m hyped as well, a lot of stuff going on this week:

- my Xbox One X Scorpio edition should be delivered
    - my AC Origins Dawn of the Creed edition should be delivered
    - AC patch 1.03 is recently released which enables HDR for consoles

Already got a 65” 4K HDR TV and 4K HDR Denon A/V receiver.

Good times are upon us.
    According to my Xbox it isn't patched yet. I know it says online it's available but it's not been pushed to my console yet...

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Innerspace HQ View Post
    According to my Xbox it isn't patched yet. I know it says online it's available but it's not been pushed to my console yet...
    I thought 1.03 (which enables HDR) was released everywhere already but the new 1.04 was already out for PS4 but not yet XBox One.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I never played any AC former versions, but like this one for sure. Hard to make money in this game because they want you to "buy gear", but don't fall for it. Just keep traveling around and fighting to level up. The gear upgrades will kill your bank account! Better off going to get all the Papyrus puzzles, and then wait until later to claim the gear at a higher player level, which gets you a higher level gear reward. The game gets fun around level 18 or so. If you need coin, and who doesn't, go for the coin transport's in the deserts. Usually about 100 each time. Just use Senu to find them.
    The only thing I don't like about the game is all those women screaming in the background, could that be any more annoying?

Enjoying this game while pC2 is getting fixed, I hope! Looks like XB1X won't be the cure, so it will probably be a dumb down MP game on Xbox. Too much CPU load in MP. After that, maybe they can just offer dedicated servers at a cost that's reasonable.
    Last edited by ShneebnaMRR108; 06-11-2017 at 17:25. Reason: add
    Shneeb108 / XBoxOne / us / EST (IMRS/98/27/35/4)

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    I thought 1.03 (which enables HDR) was released everywhere already but the new 1.04 was already out for PS4 but not yet XBox One.
    The only games I own that show up as enhanced are F1 2017 and Projicars 2. This was at 6am this morning, it may have been pushed out already today but it wasn't this morning even though the Microsnot site says it's already available.