Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Assassins Creed - Origins

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GTsimms View Post
    Today, I have been in bed all day other than food and restroom.
    Sounds nasty. Get well soon! There's nothing worse in daily life than getting sick enough to be stuck to a bed.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GTsimms, Konan

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Get well soon! Im still recuperating a bit from being sick myself and it’s been over 1,5 week now. Sadly going back to work since yesterday.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following user likes this Post: GTsimms

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Grim! Few things worse than a heavy dose of the lurgy. Get well soon!
    I used to play that pinball, I used to go outside. I had to spend my money, get on your bus and ride. I used to go out dancing, put on my high-heeled shoes. Get in my short black chevy, go on a downtown cruise. I feel a little bit mixed up, maybe I'm obsolete. All us pinball pool sharks, we just can't compete.
    The following user likes this Post: GTsimms

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    So are people playing the Curse of the Pharaohs expansion? I just finished it completely - all main quests, side quests, camps, locations, points of interest, bosses, gear unlocks, achievements, challenges, puzzles, gear upgrades, ... all done! Since this is now also the last of all the planned updates here is a small look back to the game I greatly enjoyed and which gave me over 200 hours of fun playing time.

1 - Assassins Creed Origins - the base game. For me this is the first title of the franchise I played, absolutely easy to step into without any knowledge of the AC lore that happened during those 10 years of AC existance. The modern day story carries over from previous games but is so thin in content you can just completely ignore it and just focus on Bayek in ancient Egypt, which is what I did. The gameplay is supposedly significantly changed from previous AC games but heck I wouldn't know since I didn't play those other games. All I know is that for an open world RPG singleplayer fan like myself who greatly enjoys games like Horizon Zero Dawn, The Witcher 3 and Skyrim the game was very accessible and fun. The world is insanely beautiful and detailed, and you can admire it's beauty in full with Senu's eagle eye view from the sky. Day/night cycle can be easily skipped at your convenience and it also makes exploring the world at day or night a choice. The basic gameplay and combat system are fun but my only minor gripe is that there is a bit too much handholding with quest markers and the likes so that you will never even have to think about where to go for a quest. But other than that, easily one of the best games of 2017 for me, heck probably one of the best in the last 5 years.

2 - The Hidden Ones (THO) (DLC #1). This DLC was rather short but I absolutely loved the continuation of the story after the ending of the main game story, I would even dare to say it challenged the best moments of the main game story. The zone was interesting as well and fun to play in. All things together though, it feels like more of the same as what was in the base game but for me that was great. But if you didn't like the base game, you won't like this expansion either.

3 - Curse of the Pharaohs (CotP) (DLC #2). In retrospect this DLC has a weaker story than the base game or The Hidden Ones and that kinda set me off at the start, where I initially wasn't that interested to play. But once you are playing it for a couple of hours and start to explore the different afterlives, the beauty of this DLC really starts to shine. The Egyptian mythology theme of the expansion and the afterlife zones are so beautifully created it gives a really different yet still familiar feel to what you have experienced before. There are much more bosses to battle than in THO and the gear rewards you get from doing so are better as well. The new city of Thebes is really nice too, THO really lacked a big new city since Arsinoe just didn't cut it. To directly compare the 2 DLC with each other I would say THO had a really nice storyline and cutscenes, interesting zones and nice atmosphere (I really loved that singer!). And while CotP has a weaker storyline and a bit of a "deja vu" feeling for the normal zones, those afterlife zones are really refreshing and beautiful. Boss fights are better, loot is better and Thebes is a satisfying new big city. In retrospect both DLC are absolutely worth it if you enjoyed the base game and would like to play more of it.

4 - Discovery Tour (free DLC). This is not to be missed when looking back to all what Origins has to offer and a really great informative tour to learn more about ancient Egypt in a fun way using the in-game engine. Absolutely a must-try if you have the game.

5 - All gear sets DLC (2 deluxe edition sets + over 10 Helix credit sets). Some gear sets look nice but none are really a must have. The game has so many legendary weapons, outfits and mounts (and I have almost all of them except the last 5 sets or so) I would even say it's an overload and just way too much gear, so you really don't need them other than just for the collection. Also, almost all of my favorite outfits and mounts just come with the base game or expansions, heck I think Bayek's starter outfit is still my favorite one today, together with the outfits from both expansions and the Anubis sets from the Trials of the Gods. And the most powerful weapons in the game come from the community challenges or just the base game or DLC, none of the Helix credits weapons are really significantly more powerful than the basic gear, on the contrary, often they are rather weaker and kind of useless.

6 - The Trials of the Gods (community events) - These are probably worth mentioning separately as well. These boss fights are decent but rather easy once you understand the mechanics. Still, the 3 Anubis gear sets you can get from these Trials and the accompanied community challenges are really good. Each set consists of a regular sword, scepter, warrior bow, shield and outfit and they have some of the highest quality stats and most item perk levels in the game. Today was the last week I needed to get all 3 complete sets but these events will probably still run for several weeks or even months later. Worth getting for the fun factor and the strong loot, but even if you missed these no worries since there is really loot in abundance in this game and no loot really stands out from the pack.

7 - Reda's daily quests & Heka chests / horde mode / photo mode / New Game+. These are all decent post-launch free content updates as well. In a time and age where greedy publishers like EA and Activision seem to want to milk every dollar/Euro out of our pockets I feel like Ubisoft did a fine job with AC Origins. Yes there are Helix credits and micro-transactions in the game, but as I explained they are certainly not needed and there is enough loot without them. But we sure did get a lot of free content patched in as well.

I'm done now with the game but I will still log in daily to do the Reda daily quest. Next week Far Cry 5 releases which will be my next game to sink some time in but it has to wait a bit since in less than 2 weeks I go on holidays to Mexico for 16 days. Still, I can see myself returning to AC Origins in fall 2018 or something though, by then the game is not as fresh in my memory anymore and I will want to give that New Game+ a try, at least for the main quest line.

For me AC Origins was a blast! It's been years I had this much fun with a game. I hope you guys also enjoyed it as much!
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Innerspace HQ, Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I did...sold it today though...Game Mania had an action I couldn't refuse.
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    I did...sold it today though...Game Mania had an action I couldn't refuse.
    Hahaha no worries! I'm wondering what game you got though, FC5 is out soon and you already had that pre-ordered.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    Hahaha no worries! I'm wondering what game you got though, FC5 is out soon and you already had that pre-ordered.
    Yes...but i hadn't payed it yet (no need at GM)
    So when i saw that if i turned in AC and one other game i could have FC5 for 25 euros i took the opportunity...
    The second game hurt more because it was Mad Max...
    So i took along some more titles,ended up getting FC5 for "free" and had some money left over....and guess what...i re-bought Mad Max...
    Now this time if anyone said i'm a nutter i would totally agree...lol
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Finished The Hidden Ones, that was okay - nice way to tie things up at the end... Map was a little disappointing but the story was decent.

Curse of The Pharaohs though? Holy shit. Amazing. Assassin's Creed took some really good acid. The afterlife is one trippy excursion! Birds with human heads?! What fresh hell is this?! 'koff!!!! Away with ye, flying abominations! Only about 3/4 of the way through but loving the aesthetics immensly. I read there's likely more DLC coming this year instead of another game. This pleases me no end. En-f*cking-core, Ubi. Encore.

The base game for less than 23 click here
    I used to play that pinball, I used to go outside. I had to spend my money, get on your bus and ride. I used to go out dancing, put on my high-heeled shoes. Get in my short black chevy, go on a downtown cruise. I feel a little bit mixed up, maybe I'm obsolete. All us pinball pool sharks, we just can't compete.