Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassins Creed - Origins

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Please just buy a 360 controller or an Xbox one controller. Haven't touched mouse and keyboard for gaming since I got one (for the original Assassin's Creed at launch(2007?) coincidentally). It was also the time I made the move duplicate PC screen to the TV downstairs and use a long USB wire(with hub attached) to have access to that there. Upstairs is now ONLY for racing(but even that will be fixed soon )

My weapon of choice was(and still is) a wired 360 controller.
    I have my PS4 Dualshock attached. I only have to play it through Steam. I bought the game in Uplay because I got a discount. But normally it works good. I play Elite Dangerous as well with my dualshock controller.
    Will give it a go otherwise I will buy a 360 controller. Wireless xbox 360 controller will work as well I presume.?
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    I have my PS4 Dualshock attached. I only have to play it through Steam. I bought the game in Uplay because I got a discount. But normally it works good. I play Elite Dangerous as well with my dualshock controller.
    Will give it a go otherwise I will buy a 360 controller. Wireless xbox 360 controller will work as well I presume.?
    For a 360 wireless you need a dongle. If I'm not mistaken 1(not more) Xbox 1 controller will work over bluetooth(and USB I just read), so that would be a better choice. But if your PS4 DS works I would just use that. I don't know if it is as plug an play as the 360(or One) but in Steam you should be okay.

But I thought you were using KB+M
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Platform
    PC
    For a 360 wireless you need a dongle. If I'm not mistaken 1(not more) Xbox 1 controller will work over bluetooth(and USB I just read), so that would be a better choice. But if your PS4 DS works I would just use that. I don't know if it is as plug an play as the 360(or One) but in Steam you should be okay.

A h ok. So a x1 controller will work as well. Good to know.
    Yes I do use a Kb&M atm. But I did not have thought about playing with controller. Will give it a try tomorrow with my new monitor. I planned to start over to enjoy all the beautiful gfx on my new monitor.
    I just started and still level 2 so no big problem to start over.
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 2550x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    OT: I see you still have your old wheels. Maybe it's a northern thing, but I have a very similar collection(replace LWWF with LDFP) Even down to my newest wheel being a CSW 2.5 + Porsche(liked the ergonomics and leather better or else it would definitely have been the BMW), shifter and handbrake.

Anyway I hope it arrives soon, because with the DLC and historic tour coming you will have a lot to do at once. I haven't even completed the game yet(and I got it on launchday).
    In response to the OT:
    Never throw away a backup. Besides, some wheels (especially the early Logitech) you might wish to keep if you wish to enjoy some retro gaming... or any Codemasters game because that early Logitech has 270 degrees and FFB. Which is handy because older games and the FFB system Codemasters has used for ages and up until this day is basically made for those wheels with 270 degrees of FFB. So those oldies or games with old FFB/controller support systems can just be better enjoyed with the old stuff.

Not that I play much old stuff but sometimes you get these urges to check when nostalgia is acting up again. LOL

On-topic: I don't think it will. If it's like they say than... I bought it on the 6th of January, and it takes two weeks to process the administration. Than they wait another 6 weeks to make sure you can't return the product anymore, and than you get the code. So my guess is that I'll get it around my birthday on the 22nd of February.

That said... I just bought X-Plane 11 (because... native VR support) which is keeping me busy. I'm still trying to figure out if there is a good voice controlled ATC though, something on par with talking to Siri/Cortana/etc.

Anyway... I'll keep stalking whilst I'm on the ground.

(small OT: I reckon you heard about F1 and the TT Circuit? Here's to hoping )
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Cool just bought AC as well. I only have to get used at gaming with a keyboard and mouse again. After years playing on consoles it is a bit awkward to us a keyboard and mouse again. Fighting is a bit harder for me but I will get used to it of course. before the consoles I was used with gaming on the PC.

But any tips when starting out with this AC? do's and don'ts....
    do's:
    - As soon as you see a kid near a camel with a teal marker on the map, that's Reda, do his daily quest every day if you can (this starts in the first city you encounter after Siwa). This is the repeatable quest that might reward you with legendary items and even those that are obtained via the Helix store (AKA micro-transaction loot). Weapons, outfits and mounts all can be obtained from him. Do NOT buy his Heka chests yet while levelling! Save your drachmas.
    - Set a challenging difficulty. I played on normal and auto scaling enemy levels was not in back then, in retrospect it was too easy. For the DLC I will play at least on hard with enemy scaling turned on.

don'ts:
    - rush through the game skipping quest dialogue and not taking your time to enjoy the beauty of the world and the cities. In the end the best thing about this game is enjoying it at your own pace and that fun is far greater than just being at level 40.

other tips:
    - IMO sell all blue and purple weapons you don't use anymore but keep all legendary weapons. Blue/Purple is absolutely obsolete at end-game unless for the looks of some of them if you care for that. And for legendary weapons, I have often needed a bow with fire effect, or with poison, or with health on hit, or health on kill etc, same for weapons and shields. The gear you will use for everyday camps or for boss fights is completely different, so I would suggest to keep all legendaries and if you are level 40 (or 45 after the first DLC or 50 after the second DLC in march) only then upgrade some of these legendaries if you need them. For example the Ubisoft store has 1 legendary bow (40 points I think) which has been very valuable for me at level 40. It all depends a lot on playstyle as well which weapons are good. Do you like to stealth? Or go in berzerk mode with a cursed weapon? Or like to swing a big spear and hit multiple enemies? Or fast dual daggers with health on hit? Etc.
    - Keep your Medjay shield (yes the blue one you start the game with) until you are absolutely sure you don't want it anymore. Many people who sold it seem to regret selling it (since its the official shield from Bajek on all promo material and once sold you cannot get it back). In the next patch you will be able to sell outfits as well, so the same goes for the starter outfit then, which is IMO still one of the best looking outfits for Bayek. How I personally play the game is that I bought/kept all the blue/rare outfits and mounts as well, I enjoyed collecting these since they are only cosmetic and can be used at end-game as well. Just for weapons it's not worth the hassle to keep all the blue/purple ones IMO (which I actually did the first 20 levels of the game or so ).

Since upgrading weapons towards level 40 costs a LOT of drachmas (can be over 6000 drachmas a piece!) avoid doing this at all costs. Keep your low level legendary weapons though as even if you have far outlevelled them, they can still be some of the best weapons you can get at end-game. Here are some drachma saving tips for levelling up towards end-game level:
    1) Never ever upgrade a weapon during levelling up! If its a blue or purple sell it when you got a better one. If its a legendary keep it in your inventory (there is no inventory limit anyway).
    2) Put on automatic enemy level scaling, there are so many side-quests in the game at some point you can easily be doing quests 10 levels below you. Higher level enemies will drop higher level weapons which will sell better for drachmas.
    3) Focus on quests while levelling, the quest rewards are the level of the quest anyway so it makes no sense to wait with them until later.
    4) You can collect all the papyrus scrolls during levelling but if possible wait with solving all the riddles until end-game level. Because the papyrus riddle reward is - similar to other world drops from sparkling chests - a world drop, meaning it will drop an item at your level. And those papyrus riddles have a high chance to drop a legendary.
    5) Never ever dismantle weapons for their components (for crafting materials). You can easily get crafting materials from world chests, baskets, sacks etc (and killing transports / animals) and once all crafting items are upgraded, you don't need them anymore.
    6) If you have twice the same legendary weapon just sell the lower level one. No use whatsoever to keep both.
    7) It's okay to kill some phylakes while levelling, they all drop a legendary weapon but the drop is at the level of the phylake anyway. I'm not sure if phylakes will scale with enemy level scaling though, if so then I would suggest trying them at level 40 with scaling on and they will most likely all drop level 40 legendaries then.

Once you reach level 40 (or 45 or 50 whatever the end-level is):
    1 - solve your papyrus scrolls so you get a bunch of level 40 legendaries.
    2 - if those phylakes level-scale, now is the time to kill them then.
    3 - go to Reda and buy his Heka chests, these cost 3000 drachmas each. If you get legendary items that's great, if they are purple just sell them back later.
    From the Heka chests you will probably receive level 40 legendary items of which you already had the same lower level legendary item. Congrats, you just saved yourself the 6000+ drachma cost to upgrade the lower one to level 40. Just sell the lower level one.
    (The deluxe and gold edition items don't drop from Heka chests as far as I know so if you have those, you can upgrade those at level 40 as well. Same with that legendary bow from the Ubisoft club.)

And that number 3 is what I have been doing until last week, all the drachmas I got went into Heka chests and it saved me some weapon upgrades as well as got me some Helix store items (a mount, 2 outfits and a bunch of shields and melee weapons you can normally only get via micro-transactions). Now I'm saving up drachmas again since with the first DLC coming soon, the level cap will be raised to level 45. So I'm saving up drachmas now (I keep doing the daily Reda quest though) and the first time I will return to Heka chests is when I'm level 45. For any legendary level 45 item I will get (which will most likely be a double) I can then sell my existing level 40 one. If I want to upgrade all my deluxe and gold items that don't drop from Heka chests that will cost a TON of drachmas though, I seriously hope Ubisoft will nerf the upgrade cost a bit.

By the way daily quest from Reda or buying a Heka chest for 3000 drachmas, that's the same loot pool.
    And as far as end-game levels go, the cap has been level 40 from launch until soon. When The Hidden Ones DLC launches (January) the cap will be raised to level 45 (I'm not sure if that is the case as well when you don't buy the DLC). And in March the 2nd DLC will launch (Curse of the Pharaohs) which I assume will raise the level cap to level 50. So in long term level 50 will be the end-game level, all tips I gave for waiting until level 40, that might be level 50 for you buy the time you get there.

Good luck and enjoy!
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Here is how you can already get all rewards from the first 4 community events even though we're technically only at the second event. Credits go to JorRaptor's video where he mentions that the bug from the first community event was still in the game and it was working for some players again. Since only today the XBox One community reached it's goal i gave it a go and it worked repeatedly so I could get the entire Golden Anubis set already. I already got the first weapon (Sunslayer) from the first community event during the Xmas holidays. In chronological order this is what I did on Xbox just today (watch JorRaptor's video first) :

1) Start AC:O (main screen)
    2) Go to Ubisoft Club, community challenges tab
    3) Click A to collect reward
    4) Exit Club, start AC:O (game world)
    5) Nothing happened. I equipped the Sunslayer, tried to die. Again nothing happened, no Jackal reward for community challenge #2.
    6) Exit back to the main menu (not completely exiting AC:O), start game world again.
    7) Again nothing happened. I equipped another weapon again (not Sunslayer), died again, again nothing happened. Started to get me worried.
    8) Decided to completely exit AC:O an reboot my X1X (settings => power etc => full reboot)
    9) Started AC:O again, didn't go to Club anymore, straight to game world.
    10) After logging on, a few seconds later I got the notification that the Jackal was added to my character (finally!).
    11) I immediately equipped the Sunslayer again, went to the Apollonia docks where I was from previously farming animals, aggroed the first 2 guards and set myself on one of the fire braziers (only lit at night) to suicide.
    12) After death and loading screen I got the community shield, woot it was working. Kept my Sunslayer equipped and went to that fire brazier again to suicide again.
    13) After death and loading screen I got the community bow which is the 4th and final piece and at the same time also got the outfit. Full set completed!

JorRaptor mentioned in his video that after receiving the Jackal Scepter (or Sunslayer if this is your first community event) that equipping the Sunslayer and dying really fast is needed and I think he is right. Don't even try to fast-travel to the docks to go to where it worked for me, as soon as you see the community challenge reward pop up, equip the Sunslayer and die in your nearby area as fast as possible (set yourself on fire, drown underwater, fall from height, aggro guards/animals/whatever). If you get an extra community reward then repeat again.

It might not work anymore in the future though since together with the Hidden Ones DLC there might be a patch to fix this. But for now, enjoy if you can and want the community rewards faster. Below are some screenshots, in the next post I'll put the stats of then entire Golden Anubis set.

How I died in the fire brazier at the Appolonia docks (with guards shooting arrows at me):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	get01.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	248687

Final items received popup aftyer respawning (the shield was similar the death before this one):

Name:	get02.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	248688

Looks of the Outfit (stats of all items in next post):

Name:	looks.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	248689
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

Platform
    PC

Just tried it with the DS4 and it works just as a DS4 controller. Great..
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The full Golden Anubis set you can get from community events.

Community event item #1 = regular sword
    Attachment 248690

Community event item #2 = scepter (technically this is the furthest we supposed to get since we're only at the second event)
    Attachment 248691

Community event item #3 = shield
    Attachment 248692

Community event item #4 = warrior bow + outfit
    Attachment 248693
    Attachment 248694

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    do's:
    - As soon as you see a kid near a camel with a teal marker on the map, that's Reda, do his daily quest every day if you can (this starts in the first city you encounter after Siwa). This is the repeatable quest that might reward you with legendary items and even those that are obtained via the Helix store (AKA micro-transaction loot). Weapons, outfits and mounts all can be obtained from him. Do NOT buy his Heka chests yet while levelling! Save your drachmas.
    - Set a challenging difficulty. I played on normal and auto scaling enemy levels was not in back then, in retrospect it was too easy. For the DLC I will play at least on hard with enemy scaling turned on.

don'ts:
    - rush through the game skipping quest dialogue and not taking your time to enjoy the beauty of the world and the cities. In the end the best thing about this game is enjoying it at your own pace and that fun is far greater than just being at level 40.

other tips:
    - IMO sell all blue and purple weapons you don't use anymore but keep all legendary weapons. Blue/Purple is absolutely obsolete at end-game unless for the looks of some of them if you care for that. And for legendary weapons, I have often needed a bow with fire effect, or with poison, or with health on hit, or health on kill etc, same for weapons and shields. The gear you will use for everyday camps or for boss fights is completely different, so I would suggest to keep all legendaries and if you are level 40 (or 45 after the first DLC or 50 after the second DLC in march) only then upgrade some of these legendaries if you need them. For example the Ubisoft store has 1 legendary bow (40 points I think) which has been very valuable for me at level 40. It all depends a lot on playstyle as well which weapons are good. Do you like to stealth? Or go in berzerk mode with a cursed weapon? Or like to swing a big spear and hit multiple enemies? Or fast dual daggers with health on hit? Etc.
    - Keep your Medjay shield (yes the blue one you start the game with) until you are absolutely sure you don't want it anymore. Many people who sold it seem to regret selling it (since its the official shield from Bajek on all promo material and once sold you cannot get it back). In the next patch you will be able to sell outfits as well, so the same goes for the starter outfit then, which is IMO still one of the best looking outfits for Bayek. How I personally play the game is that I bought/kept all the blue/rare outfits and mounts as well, I enjoyed collecting these since they are only cosmetic and can be used at end-game as well. Just for weapons it's not worth the hassle to keep all the blue/purple ones IMO (which I actually did the first 20 levels of the game or so ).

Since upgrading weapons towards level 40 costs a LOT of drachmas (can be over 6000 drachmas a piece!) avoid doing this at all costs. Keep your low level legendary weapons though as even if you have far outlevelled them, they can still be some of the best weapons you can get at end-game. Here are some drachma saving tips for levelling up towards end-game level:
    1) Never ever upgrade a weapon during levelling up! If its a blue or purple sell it when you got a better one. If its a legendary keep it in your inventory (there is no inventory limit anyway).
    2) Put on automatic enemy level scaling, there are so many side-quests in the game at some point you can easily be doing quests 10 levels below you. Higher level enemies will drop higher level weapons which will sell better for drachmas.
    3) Focus on quests while levelling, the quest rewards are the level of the quest anyway so it makes no sense to wait with them until later.
    4) You can collect all the papyrus scrolls during levelling but if possible wait with solving all the riddles until end-game level. Because the papyrus riddle reward is - similar to other world drops from sparkling chests - a world drop, meaning it will drop an item at your level. And those papyrus riddles have a high chance to drop a legendary.
    5) Never ever dismantle weapons for their components (for crafting materials). You can easily get crafting materials from world chests, baskets, sacks etc (and killing transports / animals) and once all crafting items are upgraded, you don't need them anymore.
    6) If you have twice the same legendary weapon just sell the lower level one. No use whatsoever to keep both.
    7) It's okay to kill some phylakes while levelling, they all drop a legendary weapon but the drop is at the level of the phylake anyway. I'm not sure if phylakes will scale with enemy level scaling though, if so then I would suggest trying them at level 40 with scaling on and they will most likely all drop level 40 legendaries then.

Once you reach level 40 (or 45 or 50 whatever the end-level is):
    1 - solve your papyrus scrolls so you get a bunch of level 40 legendaries.
    2 - if those phylakes level-scale, now is the time to kill them then.
    3 - go to Reda and buy his Heka chests, these cost 3000 drachmas each. If you get legendary items that's great, if they are purple just sell them back later.
    From the Heka chests you will probably receive level 40 legendary items of which you already had the same lower level legendary item. Congrats, you just saved yourself the 6000+ drachma cost to upgrade the lower one to level 40. Just sell the lower level one.
    (The deluxe and gold edition items don't drop from Heka chests as far as I know so if you have those, you can upgrade those at level 40 as well. Same with that legendary bow from the Ubisoft club.)

And that number 3 is what I have been doing until last week, all the drachmas I got went into Heka chests and it saved me some weapon upgrades as well as got me some Helix store items (a mount, 2 outfits and a bunch of shields and melee weapons you can normally only get via micro-transactions). Now I'm saving up drachmas again since with the first DLC coming soon, the level cap will be raised to level 45. So I'm saving up drachmas now (I keep doing the daily Reda quest though) and the first time I will return to Heka chests is when I'm level 45. For any legendary level 45 item I will get (which will most likely be a double) I can then sell my existing level 40 one. If I want to upgrade all my deluxe and gold items that don't drop from Heka chests that will cost a TON of drachmas though, I seriously hope Ubisoft will nerf the upgrade cost a bit.

By the way daily quest from Reda or buying a Heka chest for 3000 drachmas, that's the same loot pool.
    And as far as end-game levels go, the cap has been level 40 from launch until soon. When The Hidden Ones DLC launches (January) the cap will be raised to level 45 (I'm not sure if that is the case as well when you don't buy the DLC). And in March the 2nd DLC will launch (Curse of the Pharaohs) which I assume will raise the level cap to level 50. So in long term level 50 will be the end-game level, all tips I gave for waiting until level 40, that might be level 50 for you buy the time you get there.

Good luck and enjoy!
    Wow thanks for this extensive post. Much appreciated. I love this kind open world games a lot. Had tons of fun with predecessors of AC, Far Cry etc etc..
    Will take a good read what you wrote and will start today with a new game on my new screen which will be delivered later today. No rush for me indeed. This type of games are made to explore every little corner. Nothing mandatory, everything allowed. :-)
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    PC
    Wow wow... just installed my new screen and it looks bloody awesome. Never thought it would make such a big difference. But it is really a stunning display..
    not only with AC but I watched some beautiful UHD nature vids from youtube.

Ok back on topic.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan