Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Assassins Creed - Origins

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    From Amazon.co.uk:

Lovely! Please delay it a few more days at a £20/day rate!
    They delayed it to Tuesday.

At least my AC Origins arrived today, but I’ll have to play that on my standard XBox One this weekend then, bah.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following user likes this Post: Grijo

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Okay I redeemed all stuff (there was a LOT to redeem with deluxe DLC, part of season pass already, Monster Energy DLC, Twitch Prime DLC, pre-order DLC, retail DLC) and played for 1-2 hours. Really took my time trying to get immersed into the storyline as well and being the Diablo II/III loot-whore I am, not passing by on any filled jar. :P I'm now level 4 with a handful of main & side quests done in Siwa.

First impressions on my vanilla XBox One is that this game world just looks gorgeous. Second impressions is that the cutscenes indeed lag a lot (as was stated in the latest Digital Foundry video even comparing the X1X, PS4 Pro and PC versions). The gameplay is certainly fun and feels familiar for an RPG player, with games like Far Cry and Horizon Zero Dawn under my belt I feel at home, even though the shield block/dodge/parry and combat technique system feels a bit more complex than the usual games but that can only be good for the long run. The movement, climbing and animations in general feel very smooth and fluent. I like the extra gore as well, not because I'm that kind of dude but I think it is realistic and fits the Egyptian theme as well. As far as being stealthy and being a silent assassin goes, so far that seems viable as well. You can move and hide bodies, you can do stealth attacks and such. Still, while never having played a previous AC game, I don't think this can be seen as a full out stealth/sneaky game though, I think it's best seen as an action/adventure RPG like there are so many lately but with stealth/sneakiness added in as a possibility for plenty of times.

It also has that typical levelling/XP system and a skill tree much like other RPG games, I read that in previous AC games that was also not the case.

Still I'm greatly impressed so far and absolutely like what I see, even on the weakest console... for now. But as always, when in doubt if a game is worth it or not after release date, check out some of the walkthrough videos, for example the series from this guys is nice to get some general basic impressions :
    Last edited by breyzipp; 09-11-2017 at 22:17.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Grijo, Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    @breyzipp, thanks to that thread I opened my eyes for that game. I love open world games but I'm not a fan of Assassin's Creed. Thanks to the Black Friday, I bought it in a low price togheter with The Evil Within 2 and Resident Evil 7. Now I only have to wait these to arrive and have a lot of fun! Thanks brey!
    "One bourbon, one scotch, one beer..."
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    PS4
    I'm still enjoying the hell outta this game. Quite the adventure.
    PSN Gamertag - MillsLayne
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Grijo

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Grijo View Post
    @breyzipp, thanks to that thread I opened my eyes for that game. I love open world games but I'm not a fan of Assassin's Creed. Thanks to the Black Friday, I bought it in a low price togheter with The Evil Within 2 and Resident Evil 7. Now I only have to wait these to arrive and have a lot of fun! Thanks brey!
    Hehe you're welcome. The world in ACO is absolutely amazing if you ask me: great visuals, sound effects and atmosphere. And great detail has been put into the villages and cities as well, the first time you arrive in the first big city... wow! But a small village or the outskirts of a big city looks just as impressive. And villagers all have their own working-sleeping pattern etc. This is one of the most "alive" open world games I've ever seen.

If you have an hour of free time, check this video out which goes deeper into the atmosphere and the living world of ACO:

Quote Originally Posted by MillsLayne View Post
    I'm still enjoying the hell outta this game. Quite the adventure.
    Same here. Level 23 at the moment.
    The following user likes this Post: Grijo

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Hmmm...seems i will have to get this one pretty soon...played the last few titles and was very pleased with them...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Grijo, GTsimms

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Hmmm...seems i will have to get this one pretty soon...played the last few titles and was very pleased with them...
    Then this will blow you out of the water. Don't know if you played The Witcher 3, but it feels like AC meets Witcher (very)light. And the time period is THE best because of it's 'built-in' mystics even without the AC twist. Such a magical time to be walking around.

But to be fair the last two(Unity en less so Syndicate) got Pcars like flack for in my personal instance no good reason. They ran fine release date on my GTX780 and I never had big bugs. People are also giving Ubisoft unfair criticism IMHO. Yes they 'milk' their series, but their series are unique(although Far Cry is a bit like a normal shooter, but still different). You don't here me complaining about a whole genre that has interchangable titles apart from the setting(your run of the mill FPS shooter). So if you don't like their series, it probably isn't for you. Don't steal the joy from people who do enjoy it(same as the negative influx in Pcars both times).
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following 3 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Konan, xtro

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Then this will blow you out of the water. Don't know if you played The Witcher 3, but it feels like AC meets Witcher (very)light. And the time period is THE best because of it's 'built-in' mystics even without the AC twist. Such a magical time to be walking around.

But to be fair the last two(Unity en less so Syndicate) got Pcars like flack for in my personal instance no good reason. They ran fine release date on my GTX780 and I never had big bugs. People are also giving Ubisoft unfair criticism IMHO. Yes they 'milk' their series, but their series are unique(although Far Cry is a bit like a normal shooter, but still different). You don't here me complaining about a whole genre that has interchangable titles apart from the setting(your run of the mill FPS shooter). So if you don't like their series, it probably isn't for you. Don't steal the joy from people who do enjoy it(same as the negative influx in Pcars both times).

I was very active in the ubisoft forums a couple hours after the release of unity to "mention" the framerate problems... but after this Unity episode, ubisoft has changed a lot... I think it's the company that releases the most updates for their games which is great. It makes you want to go back all the time and experience what has changed. Unity was just a little bit too much ahead of its time technically... the gameplay is genius when it runs well (on the pro -- and probably on the X it does).

but to get back on the subject of Origin... I must have spent over 50 hours on it by now and it is my most loved (non-driving) game this year ! it is quite magical to roam in ancient egypt. Extremely polished with wonderful RPG quests which are all enjoyable and superb controls. I dont understand all the ubisoft hate... I tend to think there has to be a lot of professional trolls online paid by other competing companies to try and influence the consumers

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by xtro View Post
    but to get back on the subject of Origin... I must have spent over 50 hours on it by now and it is my most loved (non-driving) game this year ! it is quite magical to roam in ancient egypt. Extremely polished with wonderful RPG quests which are all enjoyable and superb controls. I dont understand all the ubisoft hate... I tend to think there has to be a lot of professional trolls online paid by other competing companies to try and influence the consumers
    It's a close call but I'd give Horizon Zero Dawn my personal GOTY reward (including driving games). That amazingly crafted fantasy world, I absolutely loved the remnants of a past civilization overgrown by mother nature and then inhabited by the survivors. The combat system where you tactically take down machines much more powerful than yourself was extremely refreshing as well. When both the world and the combat is spectacular in an open world RPG, you have a winner. Graphics, sound design and voice acting were amazing as well.

Assassin's Creed comes at a close second though. Ancient Egypt is awesome and is certainly up to par with the world of Horizon. But the fighting and the quest dialogue feels a bit more deja-vu and isn't as refreshing as in HZD.

And then finally Project CARS 2 comes in at a 3rd spot. Not sure who would be forth but the gap with the top 3 would be quite big. Maybe GT:Sport at nr.4 and Dirt 4 at nr.5. I know the latter received a lot of flak but it was not a bad game IMO.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Grijo, xtro

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    @breyzipp, great video friend! Thanks for your imput, I'm looking forward to play it!

@Konan, I was with a lot of doubt: I buy it or not? I'm not an AC fan but a open world game fan, like you. After seeing some videos and opinions, I decided to make the jump. Even people like me that was not an AC fan is liking it. I think that will be a great addition along with Resident Evil 7 and The Evil Within 2, yay!
    "One bourbon, one scotch, one beer..."
    The following user likes this Post: Konan