Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or are there still major performance / handling issues?

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1

Is it just me or are there still major performance / handling issues?

First off, a big thank you to all of the developers and community members who have poured so much time and effort into making such an ambitious sequel to the first game. My hat's off to you.

Even after the first big patch I still find in my experience that a significant number of cars in the game are nearly impossible to drive as they are unpredictable through turns and appear to drive themselves off the road after an apex. There are only 2 GT3 cars that I can actually drive well that I've tried so far (The 911 and the Z4) and there are some car classes that I don't even touch like Indycar and other open wheelers (and I'm using my trusty Thrustmaster and not a controller). Project CARS 1 actually has a better feel in my mind despite the snap oversteer issues it has been plagued with and I'm glad I kept my game copy as I've switched back for now.

In fact, Project CARS 1 not only handles better but also looks and performs better, which is what made me wonder if I have a faulty game copy or something? I even went so far as to uninstall and reinstall the game but the issues remain. I want to play and enjoy the game so bad but it's just too broken for me right now.

So is it just me? Do others have similar issues? Thanks.

Patrick

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yes, it does perform very poorly on the Xbox. I got it for the box yesterday after being playing on the pc since release. I got it for the Xbox cuz I want to compare performance with the X on Tuesday. Racing alone in Long Beach is a pain for example. Frame rate drops and you see juggers everywhere, in career the game performs better, but all the tracks I've played present frame rate drops and tearing, tearing everywhere. I think Ian said 3.0 will bring performance improvements and in my case the X should run the game much better. Fingers crossed.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by OddTimer View Post
    Yes, it does perform very poorly on the Xbox. I got it for the box yesterday after being playing on the pc since release. I got it for the Xbox cuz I want to compare performance with the X on Tuesday. Racing alone in Long Beach is a pain for example. Frame rate drops and you see juggers everywhere, in career the game performs better, but all the tracks I've played present frame rate drops and tearing, tearing everywhere. I think Ian said 3.0 will bring performance improvements and in my case the X should run the game much better. Fingers crossed.
    The Xbox One X will run it better. 1440p resolution (high end PC graphics) & run at 60 fps 99+% of the time (including wet with large grids).
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    The Xbox One X will run it better. 1440p resolution (high end PC graphics) & run at 60 fps 99+% of the time (including wet with large grids).
    it sounds promising...only thing is that those videos posted on the other topic still shows tearing, maybe this can be improved in 3.0.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I'm waiting to see Digital Foundry video on the Xbox One X patch version.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode
    The following user likes this Post: Roushman624

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    I'm waiting to see Digital Foundry video on the Xbox One X patch version.
    It barely dropped 60 out of a full grid with full weather simulation! I can't wait!

Platform
    PC
    We have some good improvements coming to the Xbox One in the upcoming patch.

For the X1X well, our worst case scenario is Monaco in the wet (dynamic going to dry, so particles, reflections, then sun/shadows etc...) and it's 60FPS 99+% of the time there. This is one epic machine. I know how much we're throwing at it and it just delivers.

Found one. 59.82 average. The blip at the start I suspect is an initiation glitch in their capture software. Without this you may as well say solid 60, worst case scenario track and weather and settings and it's high end PC settings.
    http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_pr...-41246_en.html

And another with no audio unfortunately but accelerated time. I refer you to the creeping (accelerated dynamic time of day) tree shadows at the start plus the detail in them:
    http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_pr...-41257_en.html
    Were running crazy high details on the cars and environment and you'll not see lodding issues.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post

For the X1X well, our worst case scenario is Monaco in the wet (dynamic going to dry, so particles, reflections, then sun/shadows etc...) and it's 60FPS 99+% of the time there. This is one epic machine. I know how much we're throwing at it and it just delivers.

Found one. 59.82 average. The blip at the start I suspect is an initiation glitch in their capture software. Without this you may as well say solid 60, worst case scenario track and weather and settings and it's high end PC settings.

And another with no audio unfortunately but accelerated time. I refer you to the creeping (accelerated dynamic time of day) tree shadows at the start plus the detail in them:
    Were running crazy high details on the cars and environment and you'll not see lodding issues.
    Cant wait Ian, thank you!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

can't wait man, can't wait. Something positive about the Xbox version is the controller for me, it plays well and the rumble is really well done too. This along amazing graphics will just be great. I hope it does the game justice and Xbox gamers who play Forza because it looks and performs great, give PC2 another try.
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Great to hear.
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever