Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PCARS2 UDP API Bug reports

Platform
    PC
    Has anyone been able to make use of the vehicle names for MP sessions? It seems that there are some issues with the data currently. I am seeing the following.

struct sParticipantInfo,
    unsigned short sCarIndex; // 18 -- top bit shows if participant is (local or remote) human player or not

In single player sessions (ie custom race), sCarIndex appears to be correct for all AI players, however for the actual player the value is always 65535. The appropriate car index from the vehicle names data is 2. Even excluding the top bit which is supposed to represent human or AI player still results in 32767 which is not a valid car index in the vehicle names data.

In multiplayer sessions, sCarIndex is 65535 for ALL players.

Its as if instead of setting the high bit to indicate human player, all bits are getting set in that field.

@Martin, could you please check if this is the case. Due to this it does not seem possible to determine the correct vehicle for an opponent in MP sessions. Have I missed something or is this a bug in the current implementation?
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi,

in the udp protocol the steering (both unfiltered inputs and processed) are signed 8bit integers. With a standard 900 degree wheel this makes for 4.5 degree resolution. Is it possible to change to a 16 bit integer for more resolution?

This will make data overlays for steering much more useful.

Thank you

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cjorgens79 View Post
    Has anyone been able to make use of the vehicle names for MP sessions? It seems that there are some issues with the data currently. I am seeing the following.

struct sParticipantInfo,
    unsigned short sCarIndex; // 18 -- top bit shows if participant is (local or remote) human player or not

In single player sessions (ie custom race), sCarIndex appears to be correct for all AI players, however for the actual player the value is always 65535. The appropriate car index from the vehicle names data is 2. Even excluding the top bit which is supposed to represent human or AI player still results in 32767 which is not a valid car index in the vehicle names data.

In multiplayer sessions, sCarIndex is 65535 for ALL players.

Its as if instead of setting the high bit to indicate human player, all bits are getting set in that field.

@Martin, could you please check if this is the case. Due to this it does not seem possible to determine the correct vehicle for an opponent in MP sessions. Have I missed something or is this a bug in the current implementation?
    bump
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash