Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PCARS2 UDP API Bug reports

Platform
    PC
    The time has come for this thread to be useful!
    Thank you!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Martin Moravec, Maskmagog

Platform
    PC
    This is for the shared memory API, not for UDP, so sorry for that. I'm still wondering about the tyre layer and tyre tread temps. Are those two mixed up in the data or is it just me not understanding what they are? When I lock my fronts, the tyre layer temp rises, not the tyre tread as I would think.

UPDATE: I got my answer from Jussi. All is good now
    Last edited by Sampo; 21-02-2018 at 19:34. Reason: update
    CPU Intel i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LK | RAM 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GPU nVidia GTX980 4GB (390.77) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 2560x1080 / 3440x1440 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA None | Reflections MED | Envmap MED | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows MED | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles MED/MED/MED

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Moravec View Post
    Hi guys, so, finally chew through the other bugs to get to UPD interface again.
    Went through the above

>> cannot repro here, presumably fixed with a general string bug fix missed patch 4 cutoff

>> found here and fixed, will be sorted in the next patch

>> found here and fixed, will be sorted in the next patch

>> cannot repro, but put check in place to prevent such data to be passed over UPD further, if you can repro that and would post the situation ( track/race setup, exact moment, platform etc. ) that would be awesome.

>> Correct, the updated header published with Patch3 contains an extra field (sMPParticipantIndex - to match it with index directly)
    but alas the version number was not bumped to make it clear, so that will be fixed in the upcoming patch

Please do continue to fill this thread with bugs if you find them :]

The string encoding will not be fixed in the next patch - since that is simply beyond the time resources we have and it is not a simple API interface fix.
    Once the next patch comes out with the fixes you mentioned for the data around the tyre temps onwards being corrupt then I will give it a good test and send through any feedback as well, at the moment the data is just too messed up to work with. Any indications when the next patch is likely, weeks, months etc? Certainly won't hold you to anything, its just handy to have a rough idea when planning what I will be working on with my apps.
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Platform
    PC
    Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but have any API changes or fixes been included in patch 5?
    Crew Chief details here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-for-PC-users
    Website, download link and forum: http://thecrewchief.org
    Or make a donation, if you think the chief needs to drink more beer:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=LW33XFXP4DPZE

Platform
    PC
    Not sure if this is the place, but the help text for UDP Frequency is still backwards (at least for PC2 mode). A setting of 1 sends the data more often, and 9 sends it less often. It's not that big of a deal, but some people might have it at 1, expecting less network traffic and having trouble with their network.
    CPU Intel i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LK | RAM 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GPU nVidia GTX980 4GB (390.77) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 2560x1080 / 3440x1440 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA None | Reflections MED | Envmap MED | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows MED | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles MED/MED/MED

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but have any API changes or fixes been included in patch 5?
    I haven't tested myself yet, but this post from Martin indicates the some of the fixes that should have been included in this patch
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Any news on API development? Very few developers seem to be using version 2, unfortunately.
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, Xbox One X since Aug -18, Samsung P2350 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.

Platform
    PC
    whats the plan with the vehicle classes? Currently the class names are never sent in the telemetry. The enum (eVehicleClassNames = 9) has been removed, but the structure (sVehicleClassNamesData) still exists in the hpp file. The sVehicleInfo struct contains the uint sClass field, but without the sVehicleClassNamesData we dont know what class each value represents. I guess we really don't need the sVehicleClassNamesData packet itself, we could instead use a fixed list of classes mapped to id's, so could we please get the list of classes and class id's?

Edit: never mind, sorted out.
    Last edited by cjorgens79; 01-07-2018 at 11:15.

Platform
    PC
    I do get the class names just how it's described in the .hpp

Edit: I'm talking about version 2.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampo View Post
    I do get the class names just how it's described in the .hpp

Edit: I'm talking about version 2.
    ah thanks you are right, I still had some code expecting an earlier structure where the class names were their own distinct packet type. I hadn't noticed the comment that was added saying that it was sent as part of alternating participant vehicle names
    The following user likes this Post: Sampo