Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PCARS2 UDP API Bug reports

Platform
    PC
    Has anyone been able to make use of the vehicle names for MP sessions? It seems that there are some issues with the data currently. I am seeing the following.

struct sParticipantInfo,
    unsigned short sCarIndex; // 18 -- top bit shows if participant is (local or remote) human player or not

In single player sessions (ie custom race), sCarIndex appears to be correct for all AI players, however for the actual player the value is always 65535. The appropriate car index from the vehicle names data is 2. Even excluding the top bit which is supposed to represent human or AI player still results in 32767 which is not a valid car index in the vehicle names data.

In multiplayer sessions, sCarIndex is 65535 for ALL players.

Its as if instead of setting the high bit to indicate human player, all bits are getting set in that field.

@Martin, could you please check if this is the case. Due to this it does not seem possible to determine the correct vehicle for an opponent in MP sessions. Have I missed something or is this a bug in the current implementation?
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hi,

in the udp protocol the steering (both unfiltered inputs and processed) are signed 8bit integers. With a standard 900 degree wheel this makes for 4.5 degree resolution. Is it possible to change to a 16 bit integer for more resolution?

This will make data overlays for steering much more useful.

Thank you

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cjorgens79 View Post
    Has anyone been able to make use of the vehicle names for MP sessions? It seems that there are some issues with the data currently. I am seeing the following.

struct sParticipantInfo,
    unsigned short sCarIndex; // 18 -- top bit shows if participant is (local or remote) human player or not

In single player sessions (ie custom race), sCarIndex appears to be correct for all AI players, however for the actual player the value is always 65535. The appropriate car index from the vehicle names data is 2. Even excluding the top bit which is supposed to represent human or AI player still results in 32767 which is not a valid car index in the vehicle names data.

Its as if instead of setting the high bit to indicate human player, all bits are getting set in that field.

@Martin, could you please check if this is the case. Due to this it does not seem possible to determine the correct vehicle for an opponent in MP sessions. Have I missed something or is this a bug in the current implementation?
    bump
    Motherboard: Asrock Z170-Extreme 4 Processor: Intel i7-6700K Memory: 16 GB Ripjaws 2133 MHz Video Card: MSI 980TI Gaming OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB SSD Wheel: Logitech G27 Other: Oculus Rift DK2, pCars Dash

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cjorgens79 View Post

struct sParticipantInfo,

@Moderators @Martin @AnyoneAtSMS
    Could we please get this (quoted above) fixed for the next patch so the PCARS2 protocol is actual usable for anyone that wants to do leaderboard timing related stuff. At the moment the actual player's vehicle cant be determined in single or multiplayer due to sCarIndex always being 65535, and for MP sessions vehicles for any player can be determined for the same reason.

For me (RS Dash), this is really the only thing that is preventing me from being able to consider releasing a version using this.

Another minor issue is that there is inconsistency in the vehicle naming, some are formatted correctly, others don't contain any spaces. It would be nice if this could be cleaned up to be consistent for all entries. For example it outputs "PaganiZondaRevolucion" and "McLarenP1GTR" (ie no spacing), whereas in the same packet you can have correctly spaced names such as "Renault Sport R.S. 01 GT3" or "Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3".
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Maskmagog, satco1066

Platform
    PC
    Oh and if there is any chance of a structure change, we could do with having the penalty information for drivers in the telemetry (more so for the results, ie if they have a 10 second penalty we need to know about it so we can add it to their race time)
    The following user likes this Post: satco1066

Platform
    PC
    I have also noticed that the participant based structures don't get cleared between sessions which means you can potentially end up reading data from a previous session.

For example if your previous session had 20 players, and you have now joined a new session which only has 10 players, the sTimingData.sParticipants, sTimeStatsData.sParticipantsStats and sParticipantsData all have data for 20 players. The first 10 are actually updated correctly, the extra 10 are in the same state they were at the end of the previous session. The only way to tell if they are valid or not is to look at the sNumParticipants in the sTimingData, which is fine for dealing with the sTimingData structure, but does not work for the other two structures as they are sent before the first sTimingData structure when joining a new session. The "left over" data means there can potentially be duplicate references in there, for example the sTimeStatsData which has the fastest laps for a player could have the same player in their twice (once for the new session and once for the old session if their array index was in the upper range for that previous session). This would result in potentially getting the wrong fastest lap data for the participant.

These issues can be easily solved by clearing the structures between each session.

Platform
    PC
    Why not just use sTimeStatsData only after you got the sTimingData? Does sParticipantsChangedTimestamp not work for those packets?
    CPU Intel i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LK | RAM 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GPU nVidia GTX980 4GB (390.77) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 2560x1080 / 3440x1440 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA None | Reflections MED | Envmap MED | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows MED | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles MED/MED/MED

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampo View Post
    Why not just use sTimeStatsData only after you got the sTimingData? Does sParticipantsChangedTimestamp not work for those packets?
    can do, but it just means you need temporary data until then and you are discarding the vast majority of those informational packets that are sent when joining a session. It would be nice if we didn't have to put hacks in everywhere to deal with bad data. Some of the reports relate to cleaning up the interface data to make it easier and more logical for others to follow.

At this point though, I'm not sure that this thread is even being monitored by anyone at SMS, its been almost a full month since my earlier post about it being impossible to determine the player's or any multiplayer opponents vehicle and class. In the past (ie back with PC1) we had good communications, the report would have been acknowledged that they would look into it so you know it had been seen.
    The following user likes this Post: Maskmagog

Platform
    PC
    Have you had any info about these bugs since this update? I'm still waiting for the version 2 UDP stream to actually be usable :/
    Crew Chief details here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-for-PC-users
    Website, download link and forum: http://thecrewchief.org
    Or make a donation, if you think the chief needs to drink more beer:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=LW33XFXP4DPZE

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    In the RSDash thread, the creator cjorgens apparently had some good news: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...13#post1533513
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 54, Xbox One X since Aug -18, 24" 1080 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.