Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anything other than MSAA is just a black screen in race

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

anything other than MSAA is just a black screen in race

I have tried all settings for SMAA and FXAA, with all Super Sampling setting, and no matter what I choose, in race it's just a black screen. I can see the menus, can navigate through the game no problem, but I can't race. I can only choose MSAA settings.
    I found this out because the game keeps crashing. Faster and faster where it's not even lasting a lap in game, sometimes crashes while I'm in the pit waiting to drive.
    and even worse. I found out I can't play Project Cars 2 because I can't get Project Cars 1 to work properly either, and found that there is a thread with people having the same issues with over 26 pages of problems and no fix.

I also can't figure out how to add a signature to my profile. I've looked in My Profile and Control panel, all settings, but I can't find it still.

Core i7 6850k at 4.6GHz (yes, I've tried turning off the overclock)
    MSI X99A SLI Plus
    32GB DDR4 RAM at 3400 (4 x 8GB)
    512GB Samsung m.2 SSD
    Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti OC (with and without overclock)
    Logitech G29 steering wheel
    Logitech G900 mouse
    Logitech G13 controller
    three 46" Samsung LED TVs in surround mode.
    Onkyo 7.1 THX A/V Receiver and speakers.
    NVidia Shield K1 Tablet w/ PCars

And your system is really MESSED up when you can't use the 'at' symbol because it thinks I'm trying to post an email address.

Platform
    PC
    Add signature: Control Panel -> My Settings on the right side of the screen -> Edit Signature. If you don't have that option, something is broken in your profile.

As for your graphics problem, what are your in-game graphcs settings, what are your nVidia driver settings, which nVidia driver and Windows versions are you using, have you monitored your GPU temperatures during gameplay? Also, how is the game crashing?

Also, I see that you also posted about this in this thread. Please stick to one discussion, or people don't know what others already asked and you'll be answering the same questions twice all the time.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I don't see anything for My Settings. On the right side or left. Two different computers.

And I posted in that thread about Project Cars. As you can see above, this issue is specifically Project Cars 2. MSAA is the only thing that works in Project Cars 2. SMAA and FXAA, when I get to a race, all 3D rendering is black. The menu is fine, I can navigate around the game, but the actual race, 3D rendering part, the screen is black. The game also crashes a lot. I can't get anything from the event viewer since the Bug Splat takes over.

Platform
    PC
    Please take some time to answer these questions as well: As for your graphics problem, what are your in-game graphcs settings, what are your nVidia driver settings, which nVidia driver and Windows versions are you using, have you monitored your GPU temperatures during gameplay?

Also, have your tried running the game on a single screen? And how are you using the Shield tablet when playing?

Furthermore, when the screen is black, is the game still working i.e. do you hear sounds?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by mac_angel View Post
    I don't see anything for My Settings. On the right side or left. Two different computers.

And I posted in that thread about Project Cars. As you can see above, this issue is specifically Project Cars 2. MSAA is the only thing that works in Project Cars 2. SMAA and FXAA, when I get to a race, all 3D rendering is black. The menu is fine, I can navigate around the game, but the actual race, 3D rendering part, the screen is black. The game also crashes a lot. I can't get anything from the event viewer since the Bug Splat takes over.
    For PC1 you can post the debug logs in the appropriate section (zip and post the last folder or two from Documents\Project CARS\dbgSession)
    I'd guess getting one fixed will probably cure the other.. and you didn't mention what version of windows you are on ?

(you'll need 5+ posts to attach them directly, also you may need 5 posts before adding a sig.. not 100% sure on that one)

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Windows 10, Falls Creator's version. Brand new installation, fresh reformat and only Project Cars 1 and 2 installed through Steam.
    NVidia drivers: 388.13
    Driver settings: Project Cars 2AVX - I've tried FXAA on and off, 8x supersampling for Antialiasing Transparancy, Prefer Maximum performance. All other settings are set to defaults.

In game settings: 5760x1080 59Hz (for some reason doesn't show 60Hz, in any game. NVidia control panel does say 60Hz in the resolution screen though). Windowed - No, Texture Resolution - High, Texture Filtering - 16x, V-Sync - Yes, the rest of the settings on Ultra, Motion Blur off.
    If I use any of the SMAA or FXAA settings (MSAA off) then it shows black. The game plays. There is sound, you can hear the car exiting the pits, and see the speedometer, tachometer and tires (I have HUD on low), but as I said, 3D rendering part is black. I've also tried with Super Sampling on and off.

Shield tablet is for PCars only, not playing the game through it

EDIT:

forgot to add, all temps are fine. CPU is watercooled. Custom fan profile for the GPU to increase the speed. Noisy, but my Onkyo is louder, lol. I also use the two 4 pin fan headers on the Asus Strix card to control two 140mm fans at the front of the case that blow directly onto the GPU. Corsair Carbide 540. I'm in Canada, and the computer is in the basement. Ambient temperature is usually below 20*C, even after I get gaming.
    Last edited by mac_angel; 07-11-2017 at 14:03.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    For PC1 you can post the debug logs in the appropriate section (zip and post the last folder or two from Documents\Project CARS\dbgSession)
    I'd guess getting one fixed will probably cure the other.. and you didn't mention what version of windows you are on ?

(you'll need 5+ posts to attach them directly, also you may need 5 posts before adding a sig.. not 100% sure on that one)
    yea, if I can get one working that's fine for now. I generally don't play games when they are just released because of the amount of bugs in them. I know it's next to impossible to release a game without bugs because of how many different combinations of PC hardware there is out there, and I know I have a very unique setup as well. It's rather frustrating and disheartening to see that there is a forum post for Project Cars 1 that has over 26 pages of an issue that hasn't been resolved yet, and there are other posts on Steam forums, and around the internet with the same problem. I thought I found a fix by disabling the Windows XBox overlay that most people have missed, but I still have it crash in the same manner.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I think my signature should be posting now. I think you are right, you need so many posts before adding a signature. Same with being able to use the @ symbol or posting web links.

but apparently it's too long, lol.

I think I got it.
    Last edited by mac_angel; 07-11-2017 at 13:58.

Platform
    PC
    It's been reported that Win10 Fall Creators Update + recent nVidia drivers = bad. Please try and install the nVidia 385.69 driver and see if that improves things.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    It's been reported that Win10 Fall Creators Update + recent nVidia drivers = bad. Please try and install the nVidia 385.69 driver and see if that improves things.
    awesome, will do. I'll use DDU as well.
    Is this to fix the MSAA problem? or crashing? or both?
    Core i7 6850k @ 4.6GHz, G-Skill 4x8GB DDR4 RAM @ 3400 (T1,15, 16, 16, 35),
    Samsung m.2 SSD 512GB, MSI X99A SLI-Plus, Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti OC
    Logitech G29 Steering Wheel, Logitech G900 Gaming Mouse, Logitech G13 Gaming Controller
    3 x 46" Samsung TVs in Surround mode, NVidia Shield K1 Tablet for PCars
    Onkyo TX-SR876 A/V Receiver w/ 7.1 THX speakers, AKRacing Premium V.2 Gaming Chair.