Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue sky looks like a mesh/grainy PS4 Projrct Cars 2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    You may need a system that runs in HDR to avoid all instances of colour dithering.
    Thats absolute nonsense. I've got a good high spec Sony 4k 10bit hdr tv. The banding/striping only happens in this game regardless of hdr being on or off. No other game that has day/night cycle does it so it's not peoples tv to blame.

Like the op has said it's very distracting and like the many other bugs, needs fixed.
    Last edited by solocapers; 08-11-2017 at 07:28.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I also noticed coloured banding at Brno in Private Testing. I was driving a GT3 Ferrari at 20:00 in Spring. Weather was clear. I originally had the time set to x30 which I believed might have been why it was evident. However, I changed it to real time progression but it still appeared.

I also noticed it doing an online race with day/night transition at Nürburgring GP.

I use a PS4 Pro in HDR on an LG OLED B7V.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi,

Are there any news regarding this issue? I haven't noticed any improvement with all the new patches (including the last one, 4.0).

The sky in Project Cars 1 is great when the time of day is transitioning so I assume that is not a problem of my TV or my regular PS4. I don't understand what exactly happens. In my case it doesn't happen on blue sky, it happens in the day/night transition, and it is really distracting to see that pixel pattern in the sky.

I post a video in case it may help (watch the video in hd and full screen, if possible). Any explanation/solution would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

(BTW, I apologize as the video was shot with my cellphone. If I caption a video directly from the PS4 this problem it is almost invisible due to some video processing. Despite the bad quality of the video, the graphic issue is clearly visible)

Last edited by Litusgaga; 20-02-2018 at 09:16.
    The following user likes this Post: WarmRed

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I find dusk and dawn skies are the worst they just look like a series of lines and squares. It's the oddest thing i've ever seen in skyboxes i cant think of anyother title that does this.
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Well, honestly, after 4 patches I don't expect any changes regarding AA for example but I really hope they can fix such a basic issue (I assume it is a basic problem, easy to solve. Maybe I'm wrong)...It is really annoying and it spoiled the immersive experience of the game in the endurance races I've made.

Anyone knows if this problem is also related with the AA graphic issue?

Thank you.

Platform
    PS4
    Has anybody else clocked the dodgy 90's tyre smoke and sparks in the replays, something has happened to the sound in replays as well.
    Backward steps in the replay dept.
    But is still an awesome game I hasten to add
    PS4 - Logitech G29 + Shifter - home built rig - let's race!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Litusgaga View Post
    Hi,

Are there any news regarding this issue? I haven't noticed any improvement with all the new patches (including the last one, 4.0).

The sky in Project Cars 1 is great when the time of day is transitioning so I assume that is not a problem of my TV or my regular PS4. I don't understand what exactly happens. In my case it doesn't happen on blue sky, it happens in the day/night transition, and it is really distracting to see that pixel pattern in the sky.

I post a video in case it may help (watch the video in hd and full screen, if possible). Any explanation/solution would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

(BTW, I apologize as the video was shot with my cellphone. If I caption a video directly from the PS4 this problem it is almost invisible due to some video processing. Despite the bad quality of the video, the graphic issue is clearly visible)

I have this problem on PC. My specs: i5-3570k, 8Gb RAM, GTX680, 24" fullhd monitor Philips 241S4LCB. I've installed the latest version of NVIDIA drivers and other system soft.
    Game version: 6.0

Absolutely all other games (old and modern) looks great, only Project CARS 2 have this issue!
    I've connected to PC another displays such as 24" fullhd monitor LG E2411T and 32" TV LG 32LS570T and this problem didn't disappear.
    SMS, please, try to fix it, because PCars 2 - one of the best racing games I played ever, but this problem is very unpleasant.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    got the same issue too , any way 2 fix that weird glitch?