Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Replay saving bug on PS4 - smaller than 1 GB but cut off

Platform
    PS4

Replay saving bug on PS4 - smaller than 1 GB but cut off

Looks like there is a replay saving bug on PS4: Some community members reported that replays of longer races can't be saved. Or to be more precise: They can be saved, but they are cut off somewhere in the 40 minutes area.

First, I thought this has to do with the existent 1 GB limit on PS4. However, 40 minutes + x seems to be quite short to reach the 1 GB limit, especially compared to Project CARS 1. So yesterday, one member finally investigated the replay sizes in detail and it looks like a single replay on PS4 can't be bigger than 264,9 MB. Anything bigger is simply being cut off.

I'm pretty sure this is not intended and you can see a screenshot attached that shows two replay files with this exact size. Both are from longer races (more than one hour each) and were cut off after saving.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171108230257.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	244780
    a.k.a. "Chief fast sock" // German Project CARS Community: www.pcars-forum.de
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Pekka4321, RacedriverTim

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Same here.

It's limited to 264,9 MB (Odd Number?).

I can't save a single full Replay of my Races as i don't participate in Races shorter than 1 hour in general.

Please raise the 264,9 MB to the 1GB PS4-Limit. So you could save races with a duration of at least 2,5 hours.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Same here...1GB isn't much already since all the setups and screen shots are there too and even if I delete previous replays I still can't save a whole race. I that file size is some kind of Sony file limit, maybe you could at least split the replays into multiple files.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Renoldo1990 View Post

Please raise the 264,9 MB to the 1GB PS4-Limit. So you could save races with a duration of at least 2,5 hours.
    I think ~2,5 hours/1GB should be actually enough for the vast majority of races. No matter if it's League Racing or just some kind of fun racing. The urgent questions are, why is it only 264,9 MB? A bug? Will it be fixed in the next patch (patch 3.0)?

Platform
    PS4
    I don't think these 264,9 MB are a Sony file limit, since we were able to save replay files up to 1 GB in pCARS 1. I guess it's a bug and SMS will fix it, now that they know (at least I hope so ). In case the bug wasn't known until now, I wouldn't expect a fix for patch 3.0 though.
    a.k.a. "Chief fast sock" // German Project CARS Community: www.pcars-forum.de

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Hey,

Unfortunately with Patch 3.0 it's still impossible to save Replays of longer races.

At Project Cars 1 the members of our Community did some stunning videos after the races.
    For Example this:

At Project Cars 2 it's not possible anymore because nobody can save the replay after the race.
    Isn't there any possibility to solve this issue?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Just finished a 70 minutes race and checked for the first time since Patch 3.01 on PS4...same as before, replay ends at 264,9MB no matter what. In this case it's about an hour long, with only 9 cars. With a full grid, they usually end at 3x minutes.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    So is there actually an answer as to why this happens ....

SMS ????
    anyone ????

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Yesterday i had some long races. 2x40mins. I wad able to save the first replay. I wasn't able to save the second replay.
    Also the 1Gb limit notification.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    we have been getting the same thing for our leagues......We run 5x45min races so have been missing the last 5th of the replays.

I Deleted all replays, more than a little frustrating when there is an incident that needs our stewards group to have a look at and you find out its lap 28 of 30 and the replay stops on lap 24 !

Next thing will be to ask all our drivers to make any mistakes in the first 4/5th of the race just so we can see what happened.

Still no response from anyone as to why..... its only been 29 hrs though !