Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Replay saving bug on PS4 - smaller than 1 GB but cut off

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    382
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I wonder what the response time to this issue would be if the PC players could only save 30 min or so of a replay?

    I bet a bloody sight faster than this endless wait for it to be addressed on the consoles..!

    We have to face facts guys. All the console versions of this game are is a cash cow to fund the PC game. We get shafted time after time with missing features, half features, unadressed major bugs, and we pay the same price as the PC game, for what?

    SMS wants us to take this game seriously as a sim... Well, tell us this: How can you run a league or a room without the ability to go back and look at replays of protests? I guess we are 'simming' 30 minute races or less, right?

  2. #22
    GT5 Pilot Zaskarspants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,461
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    I wonder what the response time to this issue would be if the PC players could only save 30 min or so of a replay?

    I bet a bloody sight faster than this endless wait for it to be addressed on the consoles..!

    We have to face facts guys. All the console versions of this game are is a cash cow to fund the PC game. We get shafted time after time with missing features, half features, unadressed major bugs, and we pay the same price as the PC game, for what?

    SMS wants us to take this game seriously as a sim... Well, tell us this: How can you run a league or a room without the ability to go back and look at replays of protests? I guess we are 'simming' 30 minute races or less, right?
    Are you not able to do DVR like XBX?
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    382
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I don't know... But DVR isn't replay. You can't watch incidents from other cars' viewpoints, can't watch the race from your choice of view afterwards, it's a whole different thing.

    You can't steward a race if the only view you have is your own.

  4. #24
    GT5 Pilot Zaskarspants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,461
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    I don't know... But DVR isn't replay. You can't watch incidents from other cars' viewpoints, can't watch the race from your choice of view afterwards, it's a whole different thing.

    You can't steward a race if the only view you have is your own.
    Perhaps you should check as it will offer a partial solution to your problem and you can also keep the replays permanently.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    382
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Actually, no, it's not a solution to anything, other than getting a limited replay of what you already saw in the race. And you already saw that!

    You can't get a trackside view of the race, you can't get any view of the race other than the one you used, you can't get any other driver's view of the race.

    Once again, I reiterate... if this issue (and this extremely limited 'solution') were facing PC players, how long do you think SMS would take to address it?

    On consoles, 7 months and counting. Without the slightest developer acknowledgement or explanation of the issue. PC players would be up in arms about this, and would exit the game in droves. And SMS would bend over backwards to communicate about the issue and fix it ASAP.

    But we are only mere console players. Who cares about us? Obviously, not SMS...

  6. #26
    WMD Member wyldanimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lehigh Valley PA
    Posts
    687
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    Actually, no, it's not a solution to anything, other than getting a limited replay of what you already saw in the race. And you already saw that!

    You can't get a trackside view of the race, you can't get any view of the race other than the one you used, you can't get any other driver's view of the race.

    Once again, I reiterate... if this issue (and this extremely limited 'solution') were facing PC players, how long do you think SMS would take to address it?

    On consoles, 7 months and counting. Without the slightest developer acknowledgement or explanation of the issue. PC players would be up in arms about this, and would exit the game in droves. And SMS would bend over backwards to communicate about the issue and fix it ASAP.

    But we are only mere console players. Who cares about us? Obviously, not SMS...
    Sometimes I feel the same way..
    I'll bet If you look at the Sales Numbers, PS4 is almost 10 x as many purchases as PC / steam purchase.

    So we are the Majority, but seem to be treated like the unwanted god child, kept locked in a closet.

    Something Similar to what my Video in this post demonstrates would be awesome..
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1504655
    [PS4 Pro user] [Fanatec CSLE-PS4] [ClubSport V3 Pedals] [TH8A Shifter with Ricmotech Short Throw Plate] [Collectiveminds Drive Hub]
    PC - Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop Windows XPsp3 - Can't run pCars on it.
    DoNoHarm.us

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    382
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    No actually PC sales and players outstrip us by about 3:1.

    All we do is fund their game. You would think 25-30% of sales would be treated better.

  8. #28
    GT5 Pilot Zaskarspants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,461
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    Actually, no, it's not a solution to anything, other than getting a limited replay of what you already saw in the race. And you already saw that!

    You can't get a trackside view of the race, you can't get any view of the race other than the one you used, you can't get any other driver's view of the race.

    Once again, I reiterate... if this issue (and this extremely limited 'solution') were facing PC players, how long do you think SMS would take to address it?

    On consoles, 7 months and counting. Without the slightest developer acknowledgement or explanation of the issue. PC players would be up in arms about this, and would exit the game in droves. And SMS would bend over backwards to communicate about the issue and fix it ASAP.

    But we are only mere console players. Who cares about us? Obviously, not SMS...
    I was just trying to help you, but that is often futile with you.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: FOG-Smokebeer


  9. #29
    WMD Member wyldanimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lehigh Valley PA
    Posts
    687
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    No actually PC sales and players outstrip us by about 3:1.

    ...
    what is the Source of your sales Data?

    My Data is very different... Unofficial for sure...
    160,000 total sales on PC platform... Via Steam sales totals
    400,000 + on PS4 platform. Via PS4 sales totals ( Does not include Digital Downloads. )
    [PS4 Pro user] [Fanatec CSLE-PS4] [ClubSport V3 Pedals] [TH8A Shifter with Ricmotech Short Throw Plate] [Collectiveminds Drive Hub]
    PC - Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop Windows XPsp3 - Can't run pCars on it.
    DoNoHarm.us

  10. #30
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    196
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    Perhaps you should check as it will offer a partial solution to your problem and you can also keep the replays permanently.
    Streaming your game is nothing like a replay when it comes to leagues who want to marshal races. It can sometimes be useful if you get lucky and a player has a stream which catches an offence in a way where you can make a fair judgement, but typically we don't get that much benefit from reviewing player streams of incidents.
    PS4 Pro - T300 Alcantara - T3PA - TH8A - Wheel Stand Pro
    The following 3 users likes this Post: maxx69, Sessionerror, wyldanimal


Similar Threads

  1. Ability to change time in smaller increments.
    By CreamyDischarge in forum Feature Suggestions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-01-2016, 22:46
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20-11-2015, 15:47
  3. Smaller patches?
    By fa-racing in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 13-08-2015, 21:04
  4. HUD not saving
    By Kronikman07 in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-06-2015, 21:20
  5. [PS4] AI strength adjustments in smaller steps than 10%
    By ScorpionR3D in forum Feature Suggestions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-05-2015, 12:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •