Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Replay saving bug on PS4 - smaller than 1 GB but cut off

Platform
    PC
    The devs are looking into this, but currently it seems like a PS4 limitation after all.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following user likes this Post: Sessionerror

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    The devs are looking into this, but currently it seems like a PS4 limitation after all.
    Thank you for the update! In Project CARS 1 though, the limit seems to have been 1 GB...so if there is a possibility to increase the replay size from 264,9 MB in Project CARS 2 to 1 GB, I guess that would already be a massive improvement
    a.k.a. "Chief fast sock" // German Project CARS Community: www.pcars-forum.de
    The following user likes this Post: maxx69

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    i dont understand how it can be a PS4 limitation.....shouldnt it be limited by space available on the PS4 hard drive ? (not a dig, a genuine question !)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I remember GT6 did cut off replays at around 45 minutes and if the race was longer you ended up with multiple replay files for one race. I guess that might be a way of working around a maximum file size limitation on the PS4.
    The following user likes this Post: Sessionerror

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Any news on this?

It's still quite amendable that we can't save full Replays for League-Races.

In other Racing-Games on PS4 it's possible to save replays bigger than 264.9mMB , too.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I just found out, the limitation exists on XBOX too. I also read it might be due to a size limitation in the cloud, not allowing file sizes above 256 MB. I then realized the PS4 replays can be synchronized via PS+ too...is that the actual reason for the 264,9 MB limit?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    In addition to the limit on replay duration the GUI to handle replays needs to be improved. In an era where everything is thought bo be smart (easy to use, easy to handle) I didn't yet understand the logic used by SMS on making almost everything complicated in the game providing a so unfriendly GUI to handle an easy feature such as replays (made by few controls such as, rewind, forward, change camera view and car). Is so difficult to improve the GUI allowing to handle replays using PAD keys not needing to open a menu, move on that, select the proper control (e.g. change camera view), press X button and finally close the menu? Not to mention that the focused icon is very very hard to see even in my 55" TV (a blue rectangle almost 1 pixel width around the control icon). Rewind and forward hot keys are available with L2 and R2 (no need to open a menu to select them). It's enough to add hot keys for camera view (e.g. square button) and car selection (e.g. DPAD UP/DOWN) and voilą replay handling finally easy to use. Change camera view hot key is available during a race or watching a race but missing in replay (where it should be a must to have).
    I know that the current GUI replay handling cannot be considered a bug, but overal all such kind of unfriendly features make users bored or even frustraited. I hope SMS will consider such kind of easy to implement improvement on the next patches.
    The following user likes this Post: chastewand

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    [PS4 Pro user] [Fanatec CSLE-PS4] [ClubSport V3 Pedals] [TH8A Shifter with Ricmotech Short Throw Plate] [Collectiveminds Drive Hub]
    PC - Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop Windows XPsp3 - Can't run pCars on it.
    DoNoHarm.us

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    If PC1 allowed far bigger replay saves, correct me if I'm wrong, but that ran on a PS4 as well, right?!

So how is this a PS4 issue? If the devs are looking into this, how about one of them posting with a brief explanation of the difference between PC1 and 2?

It really doesn't seem fair to simply leave the entire console base hanging with no explanation for quite a major change in capability.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    You guys too happen to you that after a race the replays show the cars all stopped and time runs? can you solve this bug please?