Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 100

Thread: Motor City Tunes - Project Cars 2 Garage

  1. #81
    Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    13,090
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Hamilton View Post
    To be honest, you gave my garage a sticky too soon. I know it was based upon my work on GT Planet with Gran Turismo, but I do not feel that I earned it here.

    I haven't played in a while. I am having a few eye problems at the moment that will be keeping me from playing for another month or so and may likely kill much of my Spec Miata season until this is fixed. All correctable, just can't stare at a computer screen all day for work then stare at a bigger screen for my hobby. Hope to be back soon and will totally understand if the thread loses it's sticky until I earn it back.

    Sincerely,
    Keith
    Don't worry about that Keith,
    Like i said earlier: health comes before anything else.
    Just take care of yourself and we'll see you when you're ready.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: Demon340


  2. #82
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    457
    Platform
    PS4
    I hope we see you back full force soon Keith... I'd love to come see you race the Miata sometime, maybe if your back in the seat you can give me a shout as to where you might be racing... ( never been to such a event, but have a pretty deep curiosity , at least to watch )... I'm too old and on too limited budget to try and get involved. (I'm assuming your talking about a RL Miata )
    Playstation 4 and PC , Playseat Challenge, Logitech G29 has been retired... now run Fanatec Elite + Playstation, v3 pedals, and McLaren GT3 wheel

  3. #83
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Farmington Hills, Michigan
    Posts
    76
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    I hope we see you back full force soon Keith... I'd love to come see you race the Miata sometime, maybe if your back in the seat you can give me a shout as to where you might be racing... ( never been to such a event, but have a pretty deep curiosity , at least to watch )... I'm too old and on too limited budget to try and get involved. (I'm assuming your talking about a RL Miata )
    Yes. Real life Miata. It's been really fun, but it takes a ton of effort and cash to race for real. Tires, fuel, brakes are one thing, but its getting bashed into that gets expensive. That and motors. The class is getting out of hand. A couple years back I could keep up with the front runners at the regional level using a crate motor from Mazda. Now we need $7,000 pro race motors to keep up. That's crazy cash to race regional events for $15 used bowling trophies.

    My son is 9 years old and not that interested in the Miata racing. I just bought him and I RC cars to race. I did that from age 12 to age 35 myself and worked up to be a factory team driver with a national championship win. I may start investing my time in RC and Project Cars and sell the Miata. It has gotten so much more expensive to race that class. I also have a 2013 Mustang Boss 302 so when I get the itch, I will take it to track days.

    There will always be racing in my life. It started with a slot car track at age 3 and the passion has never faded. My dad raced and a few cousins too. It's in my blood.
    Tuning Garage http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1420815
    PC Specs: Lenova Y50 laptop...Intel Core i7...NVIDIA GTX 960M...2,6 Ghz processor speed...8 Gb memory...1TB storage

  4. #84
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Farmington Hills, Michigan
    Posts
    76
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Don't worry about that Keith,
    Like i said earlier: health comes before anything else.
    Just take care of yourself and we'll see you when you're ready.
    Thank you. I'll be back soon. Can't stand seeing the racing chair sitting in the corner collecting dust.
    Tuning Garage http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1420815
    PC Specs: Lenova Y50 laptop...Intel Core i7...NVIDIA GTX 960M...2,6 Ghz processor speed...8 Gb memory...1TB storage
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Demon340, Konan, wesker6664


  5. #85
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    457
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Hamilton View Post
    Yes. Real life Miata. It's been really fun, but it takes a ton of effort and cash to race for real. Tires, fuel, brakes are one thing, but its getting bashed into that gets expensive. That and motors. The class is getting out of hand. A couple years back I could keep up with the front runners at the regional level using a crate motor from Mazda. Now we need $7,000 pro race motors to keep up. That's crazy cash to race regional events for $15 used bowling trophies.

    My son is 9 years old and not that interested in the Miata racing. I just bought him and I RC cars to race. I did that from age 12 to age 35 myself and worked up to be a factory team driver with a national championship win. I may start investing my time in RC and Project Cars and sell the Miata. It has gotten so much more expensive to race that class. I also have a 2013 Mustang Boss 302 so when I get the itch, I will take it to track days.

    There will always be racing in my life. It started with a slot car track at age 3 and the passion has never faded. My dad raced and a few cousins too. It's in my blood.
    My old boss, does a lot of flagging of races ( he's done F1 races at Spa, Montreal, Texas, as well as many other venues and car classes ) , his son got into spec Miata I think... but anyway, he was telling me that him and some other flagman used to joke about how much it costs to repair a car, they would calculate it by how much each corner of the car would cost to repair.>>>>

    But anyway, I'm partially familiar with your RC race career... I think I first met you at the off road track that was next to your house. You were probably about the age your son is now when I first came out to your dad's track. I'm not sure, that was a long time ago... I think I also raced with your dad indoor on carpet at the high school in your home town, I know I raced there at least once... this was back in the day... when the RC10 had only been out for a year or two.. I got out of it for a long time after that era, so when you were in your prime, I was probably not racing RC at all... I would love to race RC with the right group of guys, but as far as I know, there just aren't any tracks around within a hour or so of my home, so it gets very hard to justify all the driving and such.

    I did a little off road racing at the Washtenaw Farm Council a couple winters ago, but didn't keep up with it... I have a buddy from HS, who's been going out there regularly for a few years, his son and his son's friends are pretty fast.

    Now, i like to sit in my home, play Project Cars. Way cheaper and have to spend a lot less time in the extreme heat and cold that can sometimes be associated with those cheap places that people manage to find to have RC racing at.
    Playstation 4 and PC , Playseat Challenge, Logitech G29 has been retired... now run Fanatec Elite + Playstation, v3 pedals, and McLaren GT3 wheel

  6. #86
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Union, SC
    Posts
    125
    Platform
    PS4
    Wishing you the best MCH. Get well soon.
    Regards, George
    PCars GOTY, PCars2 Digital DE, PS4 500G, G29, TB Stealth700 HS, RS Dash, SIM Dashboard, Crew Chief, & Discord Audio Chat.

    I started life with nothing & have managed to keep most of it!

  7. #87
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Farmington Hills, Michigan
    Posts
    76
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    My old boss, does a lot of flagging of races ( he's done F1 races at Spa, Montreal, Texas, as well as many other venues and car classes ) , his son got into spec Miata I think... but anyway, he was telling me that him and some other flagman used to joke about how much it costs to repair a car, they would calculate it by how much each corner of the car would cost to repair.>>>>

    But anyway, I'm partially familiar with your RC race career... I think I first met you at the off road track that was next to your house. You were probably about the age your son is now when I first came out to your dad's track. I'm not sure, that was a long time ago... I think I also raced with your dad indoor on carpet at the high school in your home town, I know I raced there at least once... this was back in the day... when the RC10 had only been out for a year or two.. I got out of it for a long time after that era, so when you were in your prime, I was probably not racing RC at all... I would love to race RC with the right group of guys, but as far as I know, there just aren't any tracks around within a hour or so of my home, so it gets very hard to justify all the driving and such.

    I did a little off road racing at the Washtenaw Farm Council a couple winters ago, but didn't keep up with it... I have a buddy from HS, who's been going out there regularly for a few years, his son and his son's friends are pretty fast.

    Now, i like to sit in my home, play Project Cars. Way cheaper and have to spend a lot less time in the extreme heat and cold that can sometimes be associated with those cheap places that people manage to find to have RC racing at.
    Holy crap. You've been to my dad's house and raced with me when I was a teenager. My dad and I would set up carpet in the Litchfield Elementary gym, host races for the night then tear it all back down and take it home. A ton of work, but I got pretty good at RC racing. And the track time in off-road also helped. I would come home, do my homework then run three or four packs of batteries. I tested a lot then too. What's your name? I might remember you?
    Tuning Garage http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1420815
    PC Specs: Lenova Y50 laptop...Intel Core i7...NVIDIA GTX 960M...2,6 Ghz processor speed...8 Gb memory...1TB storage

  8. #88
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    457
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Hamilton View Post
    Holy crap. You've been to my dad's house and raced with me when I was a teenager. My dad and I would set up carpet in the Litchfield Elementary gym, host races for the night then tear it all back down and take it home. A ton of work, but I got pretty good at RC racing. And the track time in off-road also helped. I would come home, do my homework then run three or four packs of batteries. I tested a lot then too. What's your name? I might remember you?
    I used to be known as TFMU at Hobbytalk... and then changed my name to DynoMoHum...

    We've raced more recently then when you and your dad were in the Lidtchfield Elementary schoool... but then I think probably the last time I saw you , might have been up in Lansing , before the indoor racing ceased up there. I was doing mostly oval stuff. After Lansing closed down, I went up to Bay City a few times, that's where the holdouts of the oval racing ended up going, but that's like almost a two hour drive from Grass Lake where I live.

    I got my start in RC racing in my backyard of course... but I think it was in like 1985, or 84, my first real taste of organized RC racing was in Michigan Center, there was a off road track right near the rail road tracks... That's when I bought my first RC10. I started out with a Tamiya Super Champ. Winter rolled around , we raced at the old Michigan Center High School... Got my first taste of racing on carpet at that MC gym. Not sure exactly how I came to meet your dad, but as I recall there were some folks from Michigan Center that told me about the racing in Litchfield, and went over to check it out. I only stayed active in that era ( those old Sony NiCad cells with red lables) for a few years, I took a job out towards Ann Arbor and moved away from that area, lost touch with the RC community there... I missed out on all the big races at JCC.. I did try to get racing again over in Canton for a while in the early 90s, but just never got into it too much, until after I moved back towards Jackson in 2000... at that time racing was going on in a old Kroger building in Jackson... I got hooked on Oval and met those fast guys that were the remnants of the old "Wood Racing" team... but anyway... we go way back in one way or another MC Hamilton... In fact, I think I have a couple boxes of your old 12th scale cars that I bought off of you used... I was never anywhere near your level... but I still had lots of fun racing RC cars.
    Last edited by iggy; 13-04-2018 at 16:46.
    Playstation 4 and PC , Playseat Challenge, Logitech G29 has been retired... now run Fanatec Elite + Playstation, v3 pedals, and McLaren GT3 wheel
    The following user likes this Post: VelvetTorpedo


  9. #89
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Farmington Hills, Michigan
    Posts
    76
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    I used to be known as TFMU at Hobbytalk... and then changed my name to DynoMoHum...

    We've raced more recently then when you and your dad were in the Lidtchfield Elementary schoool... but then I think probably the last time I saw you , might have been up in Lansing , before the indoor racing ceased up there. I was doing mostly oval stuff. After Lansing closed down, I went up to Bay City a few times, that's where the holdouts of the oval racing ended up going, but that's like almost a two hour drive from Grass Lake where I live.

    I got my start in RC racing in my backyard of course... but I think it was in like 1985, or 84, my first real taste of organized RC racing was in Michigan Center, there was a off road track right near the rail road tracks... That's when I bought my first RC10. I started out with a Tamiya Super Champ. Winter rolled around , we raced at the old Michigan Center High School... Got my first taste of racing on carpet at that MC gym. Not sure exactly how I came to meet your dad, but as I recall there were some folks from Michigan Center that told me about the racing in Litchfield, and went over to check it out. I only stayed active in that era ( those old Sony NiCad cells with red lables) for a few years, I took a job out towards Ann Arbor and moved away from that area, lost touch with the RC community there... I missed out on all the big races at JCC.. I did try to get racing again over in Canton for a while in the early 90s, but just never got into it too much, until after I moved back towards Jackson in 2000... at that time racing was going on in a old Kroger building in Jackson... I got hooked on Oval and met those fast guys that were the remnants of the old "Wood Racing" team... but anyway... we go way back in one way or another MC Hamilton... In fact, I think I have a couple boxes of your old 12th scale cars that I bought off of you used... I was never anywhere near your level... but I still had lots of fun racing RC cars.
    Now I know who you are. I recognize the DynoMoHum user name. I raced a ton at Michigan Center too, with Fred Baumgartner, Sam Sprang, Conen Honec, Jeff Todd and Scott Howe. I also raced in Grand Rapids while in college. That's where I learned a ton. Lot's of national level racers from the old Grand Rapids club. Did you ever race in my Carpet Racing League? That's the last time I raced in Lansing. Thinking about starting that back up.

    For now, we are all driving to Bay City to race at X-treme RC Raceway in the Bay City mall. Most of the national level road course racers from Michigan are showing up there. Lots of familiar faces. By son is 9 years old and picking it up quickly. I am about half a second off the national guys right now - can hot lap a single fast lap right with them, but am not nearly as consistent as them. My friend Jim was 7th at the last nationals. He's who I am chasing.

    So cool to run into you here. I'll be back to playing Project Cars soon.

    Here is a video of Matty running in the kids race. Everyone in this heat is under 10 years old. Matty is the red car in the lead. https://video-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/...55&oe=5AD2A270
    Last edited by Motor City Hamilton; 14-04-2018 at 20:45.
    Tuning Garage http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1420815
    PC Specs: Lenova Y50 laptop...Intel Core i7...NVIDIA GTX 960M...2,6 Ghz processor speed...8 Gb memory...1TB storage

  10. #90
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    457
    Platform
    PS4
    I may have to make a point of going up to Bay City... it'd be nice to see some old faces. ( and maybe a young one or two )
    Playstation 4 and PC , Playseat Challenge, Logitech G29 has been retired... now run Fanatec Elite + Playstation, v3 pedals, and McLaren GT3 wheel
    The following user likes this Post: Motor City Hamilton


Similar Threads

  1. Very poor default tunes on some cars
    By rpstar in forum Project CARS 2 on XBOX One
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-10-2017, 20:57
  2. Crashed cars not being retired to the garage -BUG
    By cjhill44 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-10-2017, 21:36
  3. [FIXED] Dlc cars not in my garage
    By PeXy123 in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2015, 19:42
  4. Bug when in garage and try to adjust some cars
    By marazulinho in forum The Garage - Car Setup Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14-06-2015, 15:11
  5. Bug when in garage and try to adjust some cars
    By marazulinho in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2015, 19:22

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •