Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now that the X is here.

Platform
    XBOX1

Now that the X is here.

I don't expect those who have just bought the X to have a non biased opinion but some of you have PC's with a decent gpu.
    Would you spend 450ish on the X or an Nvidia card around that price? (forgetting the logistics of your setup)

I know there are more patches to come to kill bugs and optimise some more (I imagine).

I'm slightly torn on what I'll do. I'd say I'm tipping towards the X, just because most of my games are on the One.

Anyway, just curious as to what opinions that are as least biased as possible (heh, I know that won't happen when you've just spent near 500).

Cheers chaps

Platform
    PS4
    I would spend money on a PC or parts. The PC is a more versatile piece of hardware than a console ever will be. I gave up PC gaming several years ago and made the jump to the console. Just for the ease of use. But now I regret the choice I made and saving up money to buy a High-end PC rig once again.
    Last edited by Olijke Poffer; 14-11-2017 at 11:53.

Platform
    PC
    PC parts for sure. you can upgrade step by step, rather than all at once like you have to do with a console. I also don't have to pay for Xbox Live or PSN, I have more options when it comes to controllers/wheel setups.

Also, in regards to pCARS2, you can't do custom liveries on console, and although I haven't done any for the new game yet, I did a handful for pCARS1 once i finished career mode. Same will be true for me on the new game.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 980 Ti SC ACX 2.0+ | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula Black Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS (mostly A-10)
    The following user likes this Post: ctzn

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I have both a high spec PC and the Xbox One X and enjoy gaming on both so no intentional bias from me.

On cost alone the X wins easily, as you already have an Xbox with a good trade in deal you are looking at closer to 300 to change, sure you can also sell PC hardware but it isn't always as easy. If it is just for gaming/streaming 4K then for me the X would be the sensible choice. Some people will say PC games are cheaper and yes initially to buy they often are but with console game trade in there really isn't much in it. The biggest advantage Xbox has for me is that it is a plug and play console, no messing around just install games and enjoy. Some games like Assetto Corsa are truly awful on console when compared to the same game on PC, Forza 7 is the reverse and much better on console but still has performance issues on PC. Play Anywhere games are another bonus on both playforms for one price.

On the other hand there is a whole other argument for the PC. At 450 for a graphics card you are well in to VR capable (but the VR kit alone doubles the cost). PC gaming can still be a frustrating experience with the constant need to update drivers etc and the much greater concerns over security. Some of the PC only sims and mods for them are only ever likely to be on PC so that is another consideration, is that what you want from your gaming? If you really want the best of everything, best graphics, best peripherals like Direct Drive wheel, motion sim rig etc then PC is the only choice but that comes at a price 4 to 10x and beyond the price of an X.

Luckily these days most of the controllers, screens etc work well with both consoles and PCs so there isn't much to split them on that front.

Rationally the X is 'good enough' and wins on per hour of enjoyment but if you've got the funds, time and patience there is no denying the ultimate experience is on PC.
    PC, Oculus Rift VR & Xbox One X
    The following 7 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, bluwaters, ctzn, JasonSandwich, JeffKill, Niki Lauda DK, Rockefelluh

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If you already have a large games library on the standard Xbox One then I would seriously consider getting the X1X. Either your games will get the X1X enhanced features, or 4K, or HDR (or any combination of those). Or in the case the game is older and doesn’t benefit from all that then they are still benefitting from higher anti aliasing and faster frame rates.

I see nothing but positive comments from Xbox One X owners and you can add myself to that list as well. This feels like what the standard Xbox One should always have been IMO.

If you buy a 500 EUR graphics card for your PC then you have medium-high end card.
    If you buy the X1X for 500 EUR then you will have the most powerful console for probably at least 1-2 years.

It’s a great machine with the backwards compatibility catalogue (heck even Assassin’s Creed 1 and Fallout 3 got X1X enhancements), the 4K UHD Blu-Ray player and the small box size.

Since you already got a standard Xbox you can check in the store what the current X1X enhanced games library looks like and this will just increase over time. Many games like FH3, Fallout 4 still need to be added but there have been some unexpected pleasant surprises as well (CoD Infinite Warfare getting an unexpected X1X enhanced update).

I’m not a Microsoft fanboy at all, actually more a hater lol. But I can’t ignore the fact that with the X1X they did some nice things.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ comfy 4k+ EUR sofa
    The following 4 users likes this Post: APR193, bluwaters, Rockefelluh, Roushman624

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If you like plug and play go for the X, if you have the patience for messing around with endless of software and workarounds, get a PC part, I gave up PC gaming for about 8 years ago and have never looked back.
    Sorry for my bad English
    XBOX ONE X Thrustmaster TX with TM Leather 28 GT - Pedals T3PA - Shifter TH8A - Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2
    The following 4 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Jezza819, Rockefelluh, Ware122

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    The console versus PC decision has been raging for as long as there have been gaming consoles. IMO, they're built to address slightly different markets:

Console

Built for the gamer who wants their gaming experience to be like a new car covered under warranty.

• Plug-n-play
    • 1st party gaming network
    • Everything is automatic (updates, etc)
    • Represents a better performance-per-dollar value; it's hard to build a PC with the same capabilities at the same price

Gaming PC

Built for the gamer who wants maximum performance at the expense of putting in some work.

• Infinitely more versatile; can be built any number of ways; can be upgraded over time
    • Choose your own gaming network; or not at all
    • Can be upgraded incrementally
    • The sky is the limit when it comes to performance

Which to Choose?

That depends on what you want. You can't shove a good GPU in any old PC and expect it to be an awesome gaming rig. Consoles are a package deal, and if you expect a gaming PC to meet the same expectations, you'll need a decent CPU, motherboard, and memory in order to achieve the same levels of performance.

The other thing to keep in mind is that console releases often get specific optimizations. There are only a small handful of console configurations, so game developers are able to test the game on each platform and make tweaks to the game that maximize performance.

Gaming PCs can be configured in thousands of different ways. Developers can't possibly optimize the game for every single configuration. When you game on a PC, you'll have to adjust settings to reach your own optimal experience.
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3 | BasherBoards CPX Adapter v2
    The following 5 users likes this Post: ctzn, Ixoye56, Mark Race, Rockefelluh, TopAirspace

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    This is the most civil PC vs. console thread I have ever witnessed.
    Xbox GT: Rockefelluh
    The following 7 users likes this Post: bradleyland, breyzipp, ctzn, Froggystomper, Mark Race, Roushman624, TopAirspace

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefelluh View Post
    This is the most civil PC vs. console thread I have ever witnessed.
    I was thinking the same thing lol,

It seems consoles can expect alot more simulation software in the future hey? Train Sim World is actually coming to Xbox!
    Proud owner of the XBOX ONE X
    The following user likes this Post: Ixoye56

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by TopAirspace View Post
    Train Sim World is actually coming to Xbox!
    Cool, looking forward to this release, Train Sims are fun, remember I playing MS Train Sim on PC decades ago.
    Sorry for my bad English
    XBOX ONE X Thrustmaster TX with TM Leather 28 GT - Pedals T3PA - Shifter TH8A - Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2