Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple implementation of structured online racing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hey Oliver your suggestions sounds like a simple way of creating some semi-centralised structure in PCars 2.
    And you are correct that if this structure was an integrated part of pCars 2 then we would not need to install some 3rd party race management tool.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunoB View Post
    Hey Oliver your suggestions sounds like a simple way of creating some semi-centralised structure in PCars 2.
    And you are correct that if this structure was an integrated part of pCars 2 then we would not need to install some 3rd party race management tool.
    Exactly, it would be like the iracing server structure "outsourced" to the users.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I like to have both. I have done around 200 of those semi random online races so far and maybe 70% of them have been an absolute blast, fast and fair driving, 10-15 minutes of continuous adrenaline rush (not sure I would handle it if it was 60 mins )! The rest 30% have been from mediocre to pure disaster, either due to idiots, either due to bugs, but in general I think the current online system works nicely and with some bugfixes and improvements in the UI, it will be a lot better. Having said that, many times I also miss something more structured as the OP described it, this would give a whole new dimension to online racing, but I'd like to have that optionally, as an additional racing "mode". So I am really, REALLY looking forward to seeing what the guys here will be able to come up with (and I will be nagging them with millions of suggestions ) once the dedicated server issues are fixed, but in the meantime I'm glad I can also enjoy races any moment I feel like it.
    The following user likes this Post: Luke Townsend