Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Simple implementation of structured online racing

  1. #11
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    8
    Platform
    PC
    Hey Oliver your suggestions sounds like a simple way of creating some semi-centralised structure in PCars 2.
    And you are correct that if this structure was an integrated part of pCars 2 then we would not need to install some 3rd party race management tool.

  2. #12
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    41
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunoB View Post
    Hey Oliver your suggestions sounds like a simple way of creating some semi-centralised structure in PCars 2.
    And you are correct that if this structure was an integrated part of pCars 2 then we would not need to install some 3rd party race management tool.
    Exactly, it would be like the iracing server structure "outsourced" to the users.

  3. #13
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    321
    Platform
    PC
    I like to have both. I have done around 200 of those semi random online races so far and maybe 70% of them have been an absolute blast, fast and fair driving, 10-15 minutes of continuous adrenaline rush (not sure I would handle it if it was 60 mins )! The rest 30% have been from mediocre to pure disaster, either due to idiots, either due to bugs, but in general I think the current online system works nicely and with some bugfixes and improvements in the UI, it will be a lot better. Having said that, many times I also miss something more structured as the OP described it, this would give a whole new dimension to online racing, but I'd like to have that optionally, as an additional racing "mode". So I am really, REALLY looking forward to seeing what the guys here will be able to come up with (and I will be nagging them with millions of suggestions ) once the dedicated server issues are fixed, but in the meantime I'm glad I can also enjoy races any moment I feel like it.
    The following user likes this Post: Luke Townsend


Similar Threads

  1. Will we get a real HDR implementation?
    By CodeCmdr in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-10-2017, 16:50
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-01-2017, 15:07
  3. Making Bug-Reporting more efficient and structured
    By syrious3000 in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-07-2015, 20:17
  4. A simple sugestion for clean racing, I Guess
    By Helder_BRA in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-07-2015, 23:30
  5. Rocket Science? Why not make it simple (online penalties)
    By danpinho in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 06:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •