Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we have a drifting community here?

Platform
    PC
    Beware: Non-native English speaker. Steam: 'Chris Korb' Flash your lights when you see me on track!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: attaGee, hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    alex hobbs at it again

* HTC VIVE * i5-6600k * ASUS GTX1080 8GB TURBO * Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 * MSI Z170A M5 * Fanatec CSL Elite w/P1 wheel * Fanatec CS Pedals v3 * Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 * TH8A analog handbrake * Playseat Evolution *
    PC2Tuner is amazing
    The following user likes this Post: attaGee

Platform
    PC
    Yesterday I loaded up the snowy Nordschleife with the Lamborghini Huracan (and afterwards the Veneno, as both have 4-wheel drive, if I'm correct), equipped the hard summer tires and set ABS, TC and stability control all to OFF.

It was quite fun, and after I had been hitting every barrier in my first tries it somehow even felt like I was able to learn a bit of the basics for drifting in "more normal" conditions, as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lamborghini Veneno at Nürburgring_ss172857.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	172.6 KB 
ID:	246828
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 | GPU: XFX AMD RX580 8GB GTS Black Edition | Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Black 24GB DDR3 PC3 1600 | Peripherals: LG 34UM67-P 21:9 (Monitor) | T300 RS (Wheel) | T3PA-PRO (Pedals) | TH8A (Shifter) | Playseat Challenge (Playseat)
    The following user likes this Post: Itzcoatl

Platform
    PC
    this guy looks like he has a killer setup

* HTC VIVE * i5-6600k * ASUS GTX1080 8GB TURBO * Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 * MSI Z170A M5 * Fanatec CSL Elite w/P1 wheel * Fanatec CS Pedals v3 * Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 * TH8A analog handbrake * Playseat Evolution *
    PC2Tuner is amazing
    The following 3 users likes this Post: attaGee, hkraft300, Nicsos123

Platform
    PC
    I messaged that person about their setup, they pointed me to a facebook group for pcars2 drifting that includes the tune:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/119371372083869/
    Last edited by VelvetTorpedo; 08-12-2017 at 14:17.
    PC2Tuner is amazing

Kart Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetTorpedo View Post
    this guy looks like he has a killer setup

Apart from the tire smoke bug/glitch happening in the replay ( makes it look like he is producing allot more wheel slip/smoke than it really is ) Looks like a nice setup.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Cheers for the tips in here.
    It's taken me a while to get the hang of the cars anyway, especially as it was largely down to dialing my wheel in (still adjusting!).
    I think having the button box be helpful to tune the ffb too.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Project Cars 2 will not have big drifting community unless certain aspects of the sim are improved (including physics, car setups, steering feel and some more). I am more than happy to provide feedback if the developers would like to have more drifters in the community.

And please don't get me wrong, I already enjoy project cars 2 a lot but I believe that it has tons of hidden potential in the drifting area.

The following 2 users likes this Post: attaGee, RobPhoboS

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kamkor View Post
    Project Cars 2 will not have big drifting community unless certain aspects of the sim are improved (including physics, car setups, steering feel and some more). I am more than happy to provide feedback if the developers would like to have more drifters in the community.

And please don't get me wrong, I already enjoy project cars 2 a lot but I believe that it has tons of hidden potential in the drifting area.

I am with this topic but with the specific physics is now above my knowledge. I can understand somehow it should go as a real thing (the cars are very much better than in any other sims) but the specific things as what "this" and "this" car should feel.
    I only have a bike to cycle to work but I also have Lexus IS200 to drive sometimes in real life

Personally I'm strongly happy with every car the game offers to you. It's a interesting experiment to get know something you have no chance to get known in real life.
    And as for a FormulaDrift community, we have a very small group of drivers in here (found first by Christian Clark): https://www.facebook.com/groups/1193...?ref=bookmarks

Randomly we just pop up a server up and go for a fun practise for now. About future plans? = we have none.

So anyone who is interested in, can join to the Facebook channel ( link above the text )

Did some tandem this morning:

The following 8 users likes this Post: attaGee, D1RGE.EXE, MajkiMajk, MrTulip, r18etron, RobPhoboS, Roel de Meulder, VelvetTorpedo