Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time Trial Stoopid Challenges

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    That's a shame. I must admit that's the first time I've come across this and it makes little sense to me. As far as I'm aware the project cars UDP data just bounces around your home network and doesn't leave your house so I don't get why they'd block it. This is why we have a windows program that sucks up the UDP data within your home network and then sends it on to the website using normal http protocols. We have had router or pc firewalls blocking the udp port internally but I've not had an ISP issue before. For your info the udp port is 5606

Platform
    XBOX1
    It's because I'm in the military and use wifinity. It's Wi-Fi for the whole of the sgts mess. Crap but it's all I've got.
    Samsung 65" 4k TV, XB1X, Fanatec CSW V2, CSP V3, Xbox universal hub, Fanatec shifter, Fanatec handbrake, Vesaro gamer rig, Elite controller, Buttkicker gamer extreme, BBJ button box. Turtle beach XO4, Onkyo Dolby Atmos receiver, Onkyo Dolby Atmos 5.1.2 speakers,

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So, Race 5 is over, another convincing vistory for Born2BSlow, and with his main rival Djbuzz07 either having a disaster or being busy this week, he's walked the League (just Race 2 being a slight blot in his scorecard). Tight for the consolation places though with Djbuzz07, Wiz, xjay1337 and zr1chris all in the mix for 2nd and 3rd.

Down at the slower end of the table, I grabbed a point advantage over Matt S for the final relegation spot to join simon P.

League 2, Shoemacher and Rob are looking dead certs for promotion. Relegation spots may however be flexible this time round as 4 people seem to have stopped taking part, so they may all go down.

League 3, Leachy and seefarr looking good for promotion, Marcel Spuehler and Zincau might join them if the League 2's continue to no-show.

In the handicapped championship, things shaken up a bit with the new calc, means SimonOUFCexile takes first spot, he was my best man by the way and God loves a trier so well done. Born2BSlow still leading the championship.

Come and join in at www.stoopidchallenges.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled1.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	246502

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Championship 7 is all over, and yet again Born2Slow takes the Real-Time League. xjay1337 and Wiz follow him home. Seriously can anyone beat this man, come and have a go at https://www.stoopidchallenges.com/ if you think you're hard enough.....

xjay1337 pips him to the Handicapped Championship, with newcomer SimonOUFCexile making a late charge for 3rd.

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	247089

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    For anyone that has been put off from joining in by the Windows software needed to load your lap to the website, we now have a shiny new iOS app. Just go to https://www.stoopidchallenges.com/ sign yourself up, download the app and get driving, come on in, we're a friendly bunch :-)

Name:	Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 6 Plus - 2018-02-11 at 12.44.59.jpg 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	250076

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by slow_burn View Post
    For anyone that has been put off from joining in by the Windows software needed to load your lap to the website, we now have a shiny new iOS app. Just go to https://www.stoopidchallenges.com/ sign yourself up, download the app and get driving, come on in, we're a friendly bunch :-)
    In what language is the Windows software written? If it's for example in c#, then we can easily check its code and be reassured about what it is doing. Personally I'd love to join such a group (I am a TT masochist ), but only under this precondition.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The windows software is written using Visual Studio, using WPF framework and c#. Come on in, we do weekly time trials and you automatically get entered into leagues. Your best lap telemetry also gets loaded up so you can compare your lap to the best guys, literally down to the driving line. So you now have the choice, windows software or an iOS app :-)
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the info! Yes, I will, it sounds very good! But first I will study what exactly the app is doing, to be absolutely sure I am OK with it

Edit:amazing job you have done there, but may I ask why you are using an obfuscated mechanism, instead of a normal installer with regular application files that can be inspected?
    Last edited by cpcdem; 14-02-2018 at 02:42.
    The following user likes this Post: repsol23

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So congratulations to Hasslemoff, League 1 winner for Championship 9, followed home by Born2BSlow and zr1chris.

Handicapped championship was won by Twistygit, with zr1chris and Hasslemoff taking the other podium places.

Some stats for you for the championship.

2682 laps completed.
    6862 miles completed, which according to Google Maps is about the same as driving from London to Buenos Aires.

Alternative awards

The "Might be getting a bit obsessed" award with 467 laps completed is Djbuzz07
    The "I hate that effing Race Director" award with 96 invalid laps is Hasslemoff
    The "Need for Speed" award for the top maximum speed is xjay1337 with 190.83 mph in a Ferrari F50 GT
    The "Mr Cautious" award for most use of the brakes is simon P at Rouen les Essarts
    The "Heavy Right Foot" award for most use of the accelerator is Djbuzz07 at Silverstone
    The "Yank it baby" award for most use of the wheel is zr1chris at Mojave

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	250179
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Nice turnout for race 1 with 26 drivers taking part.
    Well done Born2BSlow, who puts in a marvelous lap to take the win from our reigning champion Hasslemoff despite him putting in an impressive 101 laps.
    In League 2, xjay1337 decides he likes the look of this one and annihilates everyone else in the league.
    League 3 sees AesopF1 taking the lead after a dedicated 80 laps.
    Over in the "Anything can Happen" handicapped championship ROSSinHD takes an early lead, but as we know staying there is the tricky bit as his handicap falls from 5.12% to 4.64% for the next race.