Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time Trial Stoopid Challenges

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Edit:amazing job you have done there, but may I ask why you are using an obfuscated mechanism, instead of a normal installer with regular application files that can be inspected?
    Would it be possible to answer to this, please?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Errr, sorry, but you seem more interested in how I built this and than actually taking part. I don't particularly want to get into a discussion on how it's built on a public forum.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by slow_burn View Post
    Errr, sorry, but you seem more interested in how I built this and than actually taking part. I don't particularly want to get into a discussion on how it's built on a public forum.
    OK, that's an answer as well I guess

Btw, I am not asking in order to learn how you built it, I know how it is done, I have already built one for myself, too...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Cool, join in, if you don't trust the windows program then there's the iOS app that has been vetted through Apple's approval process

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Time for a Race 2 round-up. Interesting combo, with a short lap, a car that seemed to be permanently sideways and a race director that had got out of the wrong side of bed. This led to nearly 2000 laps being racked up with a record invalid percentage of 56%.

I think we can safely say it was tight at the top with Born2BSlow nicking the win from Hasslemoff by 0.00244 of a second, giving him 2 wins out of 2. And boy did they try hard doing nearly 500 laps between them.
    Assuming Shoemacher is on a sabbatical then it's tight for the one remaining relegation slot with okufa, Dpb1975, Twistygit and molineux1980 all within a point of each other.
    Over in League 2, xjay1337 keeps up his tactic of popping up at the last minute and decimating us all. Matt S comes in an honorable second.
    League 3, new joiner Lanius1984 makes an impression coming 4th overall and therefore taking the League 3 win. AesopF1 just 5 hundredths behind him gets second.

Over in the handicapped championship McGyver43 takes the win but it's long-standing Handicapped master Matt S that has the lead overall.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    There's a new guy in town and he's blooming quick. Speeddmon91 takes the win, beating the best of our best by over a second. However as a new joiner, he's not in League 1 yet, so the win goes to Hasslemoff, pipping Born2BSlow. Born2BSlow remains in the League 1 lead but Hasslemoff has closed the gap.
    In League 2, xjay1337 didn't show up and yours truly was winning with a couple of hours until deadline and then Matt S had one final push and stole the lead by 0.005 secs. So he takes the League lead with myself following.
    In League 3 AesopF1 has a clear lead with Lanius1984 and Quikcurl fighting for the second spot. However if Speeddmon91 keeps playing then he'll very quickly be in the mix.
    Over in the randomness that is the handicap challenge, Roisinbag takes the win, albeit with nearly a 27% handicap, but to be fair that's kind of the point of this thing, anyone can do well. Matt S keeps up some steady results to keep the overall lead with McGyver43 and Simon P in 2nd and 3rd.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    New version of the app is out. Now with notifications, chat, news, new home screen etc, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	251620

Name:	Image-1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	251621

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So for the first time the IOS app becomes the preferred method of choice for uploading laps. These figures were slightly skewed by SimonOUFCExile forgetting that he has a job, a wife and family and clocking up 224 laps, nearly 3 times more than anyone else.

Speeddmon91 makes it 2 for 2 beating Born2BSlow and Hasslemoff. Born2BSlow now has a good lead over Hasslemoff. If Hasslemoff though beats him in the next 2 races it will be an absolute dead heat in terms of points and results. In which case I think I'll go back and add up all their best times over the 6 races and whoever has the lowest overall times wins. Down at the bottom okufa looking in trouble for relegation.

In League 2, Matt S takes the win and SimonOUFCexile takes 2nd. Matt S leads the League by a considerable margin with me following. With my contentious decision to increase the League 2 demotion slots to 4, it's getting a bit feisty down there. SimonOUFC pulls himself out of the relegation zone and fcaglayan drops into it. xjay1337, from being nailed on league winner, is now staring at demotion, apparently preferring to move house than clock up any laps in a virtual car.

League 3, well it's 4 to go up out of 5 in contention, AesopF1, Lanius1984, Quikcurl, McGyver43 and Speeddmon91.

In the Handicapped Championship, Matt S keeps the lead but Roisinbag is rapidly improving his times leading to him coming from behind registering 2 wins on the bounce.

So we leave behind the thrills of wandering round a semi-circle in Texas mashing a KERS button and move on to Hockenheim in an Audi R8. See you there.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    We had a record turnout for this race, 31 drivers taking part, so welcome to all the new drivers.

Speeddmon91 continued his 100% win record since joining, but as he's working his way up the leagues, it's Hasslemoff that takes the League 1 win from Born2BSlow. Now this makes things interesting. If Hasslemoff beats Born2BSlow in the final race then they will both have 3 wins and 3 2nd places. At which point I count back and total up the times over the championship and the one with the lowest times wins. Hasslemoff is already ahead on this measure, so basically it's a head-to-head, whoever wins the next race wins the League. At the demotion end, it's a race off between okufa and molineux1980.

In League 2, Simon P takes his first win and jam_my21 comes back from absence to take 2nd. Matt S and myself still sitting in the promotion slots. xjay1337 drops into the demotion zone but it's very tight down there, 4 from 6 to go down.

In League 3, I would say AesopF1, Lanius1984 and Speeddmon91 are dead certs for promotion, however it's nip and tuck between Quikcurl and McGyver43 for the last slot.

Over in the handicapped championship, Roisinbag has timed his improvement perfectly and with three wins on the bounce looks clear for the overall win. His handicap is dropping like a stone though, from 27% at the start he's now down to 18%.

That's all folks enjoy the final race of the season at Spa.

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	252124

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Championship 10 is now all done and dusted.

It's congratulations to Hasslemoff, who makes it two League 1 Championship wins on the bounce, only just edging out Born2BSlow by a single point. Djbuzz07 comes in a very commendable 3rd. molineux1980 and Shoemacher drop down to League 2.

In League 2, Matt S is the League winner with myself and simon P following. The real action though was down in the relegation zone where the best 3 times for the race were all done by people trying to avoid relegation. It was a last minute burst by fcaglayan that got himself out of trouble and ended up sending jam_my21, SimonOUFCexile, garyellerby and Leachy down.

In League 3, AesopF1 and Speeddmon91 get promoted and as they're obviously very quick, myself and Matt S forgo our League 1 promotion slots and send them both direct to League 1, bypassing League 2. Lanius1984 and McGyver43 take the other 2 slots and go up to League 2.

Roisinbag takes the Handicapped championship, with 3 out of 6 clear wins. McGyver43 takes 2nd and simon P takes 3rd from Matt S on places countback.

We move on to Championship 11. With Speeddmon91 now in League 1, on past form you'd be hard pushed to bet against him sweeping all before him, but you never know. With all the new drivers League 3 is no longer a 'feeder' league but a proper league in it's own right and it's going to be tough to get out of.

For the first time we're going off-road as there's a single RallyX race this time round. It's a 5 week/6 race championship with the plan being you dip in and out of the RallyX one over the 5 weeks, which could make the last week of the season interesting as there'll be 2 races worth of points up for grabs.

See you there :-)

If you want to get involved we're at www.stoopidchallenges.com and we have a Windows and IOS app that does all the laptime submissions.

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	252356