Thread: 2015 Formula Renault 3.5

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

2015 Formula Renault 3.5

Hello what is the best set up for the car? It feels like i drive on ice. I do so carefull in corners and the AI cars are driving like it's nothing. Also they don't fall out after a big crash, just drive on. And when i hit another car a little bit, my set up is broken and i must come to the pit ???

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    NOBODY CAN HELP ?????????????

Platform
    PC
    First things first; there is no such thing as a ‘best’ setup. What track and conditions are you running in? Which of the default setups are you currently using?

Front wings on this car are quite fragile, so if you clip another car your aero will likely suffer. And don’t even think of using DRS until you’re on the straights, or you’ll lose the back end.
    ...because simcar

Rig: Intel i7-8770k @ 3.7GHz | MSI Z370 GAMING M5 | MSI GTX1080ti GAMING 11G | G.SKILL TridentZ 32Gb DDR4 | NZXT H400 case w/ Kraken x62 AIO cooler | Oculus Rift CV1 | LG 34UC88-B ultrawide (3440x1440 @ 60Hz) | Windows 10 Pro

Gear: Fanatec CSW v2.5 w/ Universal Hub, Clubsport GT rim | Fanatec CSR Elite pedals & shifter

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Try the wet tires. Even in the dry

I believe it's a bug.

WMD Member
    Go to time trials and grab a setup there or try stiffer rear springs and bump stops than the front and max the ecu engine braking

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I almost run default loose setup with this car, the only thing i change is a bit more downforce front and back. It's not an easy car to drive on the limit, but it's a very rewarding car to drive.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    Try the wet tires. Even in the dry

I believe it's a bug.

Yeah, I did the whole Formula Renault 3.5 on wet tires and won it, they're at least 3 or 4 seconds lap quicker. I just couldn't get the slicks to work at all ( even at full temp ) same as Formula C.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I'm working through the career with this car and it is killing me. At Monza today.

I have AI difficulty at 65, and I REALLY struggle to get a qualifying time even close to the top 10. Usually lower.

But first corner I can get up to 4th or 5th in the first braking zone.

After that it's a battle.

I think this might be one of the cars where the aero also can make a big difference. In some cases it's better to try to go faster through the corners and hope the aero works. If you don't have the speed up, the aero doesn't work and you end up losing grip in the corners. Go faster and hold on for dear life and you can gain some time.

Parabolica at Monza is killing me though.... can't seem to get it right and thats the corner where I'm losing time against the AI (at least today...)

**Also... I realized only today that this car has DRS.... didn't even have a button mapped for that.... So maybe others have also made that little oversight... **