Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What's Your Favorite Car/ Racing Movie?

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
    I enjoyed it too but the book "Go Like Hell" is much better. The film bears little resemblance to it or indeed to reality.
    What do you mean it isn't a car movie, the blues mobile is the center piece of the show.

My favorite quote though...

Or what I always think "It's 10 laps around the ring, I've got a full tank of gas, it's dark and I am wearing my Vive. HIT IT!"
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Olijke Poffer, Womp83

Platform
    PC
    remembering my pCARS1 skin

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB_Ford.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	116.2 KB 
ID:	274757
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-1600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    The following 4 users likes this Post: blinkngone, Christiaan van Beilen, Konan, Womp83

Australia. Home of Mount Panorama, Bathurst
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    What do you mean it isn't a car movie, the blues mobile is the center piece of the show.
    Well, i was thinking along the lines of it not being a car movie in the same way that something like The Transporter, Rush, Death Race or The Gumball Rally are. It's not really focused around racing or some kind of big automotive event where a majority of the movie is around the character/s and their vehicles.
    It's more of a musical themed movie, that just happens to have a fair bit of 4 wheeled action, hahaha (and an awesome bridge jump). Google calls it 'comedy music/action', while IMDB adds 'adventure' and even 'crime'.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Favorite Car

I favorite racing movie is Fast and Furious Series movies.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    I watched Le Mans '66 (AKA Ford v Ferrari) yesterday and I must say it is a very enjoyable film, would definitely recommend
    Just dragged my lovely wife (not a car nut) along to see this film this afternoon (I forgot to tell her the 2hr:34 running time) and she really enjoyed it. I did too, I think it does a wonderful job of capturing why we love cars and racing, and the main actors do tremendous work bringing the story to life. I thought Christian Bale was excellent in the way he depicted Ken Miles' story. Highly recommended and don't worry about tiny factual errors that reviewers have picked up on, it tells the story well.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Tank621