Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy s.... THE DEMO IS AMAZING!!!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Holy s.... THE DEMO IS AMAZING!!!

Man, maybe it's a placebo effect, but everything about it feels better, at least in VR... Performance, sound, ,graphical quality and antialiasing default controls, handling!! It's by far the best this game has ever been. If this (and more) is what awaits us for the patch, this is going to be amazing. Well done SMS!! Now if you could just hurry and gives that patch

Another question to forum members, since I might want to experience the next patch with whatever defaults SMS has defined, how do I delete my graphics and controller configurations, or reset them to default? Thanks.

Superkart Pilot ProjectCARSFiend's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post
    Man, maybe it's a placebo effect, but everything about it feels better, at least in VR... Performance, sound, ,graphical quality and antialiasing default controls, handling!! It's by far the best this game has ever been. If this (and more) is what awaits us for the patch, this is going to be amazing. Well done SMS!! Now if you could just hurry and gives that patch

Another question to forum members, since I might want to experience the next patch with whatever defaults SMS has defined, how do I delete my graphics and controller configurations, or reset them to default? Thanks.
    Has it been confirmed that the state of the demo is how the game will be improved by in the next patch?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectCARSFiend View Post
    Has it been confirmed that the state of the demo is how the game will be improved by in the next patch?
    No, we have much more coming in the patch.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    No, we have much more coming in the patch.
    Thanks Ian, is it my imagination, or do the sounds have a lot more punch to them? Maybe it's just the defaults that are different, but the engines sound much more powerful and deep.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Francisnf, JohnSchoonsBeard, Roushman624

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerdealer View Post
    Thanks Ian, is it my imagination, or do the sounds have a lot more punch to them? Maybe it's just the defaults that are different, but the engines sound much more powerful and deep.
    Yes, they've been extensively reworked and tweaked everywhere.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Good thing I am currently driving that Ferrari in career... made it really easy to notice the differences.

Also, frame rates be damned, I am running in visual mode until I am tired of it! Love the new visual options!!!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Ian Bell, OddTimer

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by WellRED Barron View Post
    Good thing I am currently driving that Ferrari in career... made it really easy to notice the differences.

Also, frame rates be damned, I am running in visual mode until I am tired of it! Love the new visual options!!!
    What is visual mode? Didn't see that option.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I am away from screen right now. Whatever option provides improved visuals at the risk of slower frame rates. Then there is the high def mode, and frame rate mode. I am so stoked for the patch. This game keeps getting better and better.

Figure high def mode is probably capped at 30 FPS, framerate mode at 60 fps and the graphics mode probably tries for 30... but it looks so good...
    Last edited by WellRED Barron; 24-11-2017 at 06:48.
    The following user likes this Post: Roushman624

Superkart Pilot JoshTheGeologist's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Yes, they've been extensively reworked and tweaked everywhere.
    Ian, I'm seeing people say that the FFB is better in the demo. Is it actually different, or is this just a trick of the mind? Are tweaks to FFB in the works for the next patch?

Cheers!
    Master's student and Graduate Assistant in geological sciences. Quotes =/= endorsements. PSN: Pie4July. Project Cars 2 focus - Rallycross, GT3, NASCAR, GT4, GTE, Group 4, Group A, GTO

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshTheGeologist View Post
    Ian, I'm seeing people say that the FFB is better in the demo. Is it actually different, or is this just a trick of the mind? Are tweaks to FFB in the works for the next patch?

Cheers!
    There are a few tweaks to controllers and FFB yes plus the physics polishing also feeds into that.