Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: opening .dds files

Platform
    PC
    :facepalm:

You don't edit .dds files directly. You edit in the template (.psd) and export to .dds

There's a primer/tutorial for pCARS liveries in the pCARS1 section, it's the same process as in pCARS2. Here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ies-How-to-FAQ
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 | Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | Mem: 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1866 | GPU: ASUS Dual OC GeForce GTX 1070 8GB(Drvr R398.11) | Snd: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
    Case: THERMALTAKE Level 10 GTS | PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Platinum 650W | Monitor: 40" VISIO D40u-D1 | O/S: Win10 Pro-64bit | Controller: Thrustmaster TX w/GTE & F1 Wheels

Twitter: @ARDallas68 - Steam: SternLX
    "If somebody said they enjoyed the Nürburgring, they weren't going fast enough." ~ Sir Jackie Stewart on the Green Hell
    I appreciate those enjoying my Custom Liveries... but, please don't send me livery requests in PM's. I don't do liveries on request. Sorry.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi there,

A bit more information about .dds if you are interested in

To keep it simple, the .dds file is what your graphic card need to read, because it can't reade file like jpg, tga, png and so on ... The .dds format is really more compressed than a common format and it's probably the best reason why to use it.
    A lot of game engines convert the source files made by artists (jpg, tga, png and so on ...) into some .dds. But here, we can't acces to the engine and it's why we need a converter.

After converting, all layers you could have in photoshop( or any editing program) are "flatten".
    So, always keep your source file with editing capabilities (several layers, naming groups, masks...), and save as .dds a converted copy only to see the display in game
    To do an edit, open back the source file, and save as an other time to DDS an other time.

Platform
    PC
    there is a .dds plugin available for GIMP, which is what i use for my liveries.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS (mostly A-10)

Platform
    PC
    I think it's worth mentioning that if you just want to view the files, there's a plugin that can view dds thumbnails in windows. (Like jpg and bmp and so on.)
    Project Cars 2 - The Great Aquaplane Simulator