Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Differences between enhanced visuals, resolution, framerates

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

Differences between enhanced visuals, resolution, framerates

I am curious if SMS could give us actual specs on the differences between the 3 on the X. For example, what resolution compared to framerates and vice versa. Also, which do they recommend for the X?

Platform
    PC
    I doubt you'll see a "recommendation". As soon as there is one, it will be used against them at some point. However, the differences between the settings they may be able to provide.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Rockefelluh, Roushman624

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    I doubt you'll see a "recommendation". As soon as there is one, it will be used against them at some point. However, the differences between the settings they may be able to provide.
    Well I'm loving they added options for each persons taste it's really awesome. I know you've probably saw me say this before, but is there any news on gamepad steering animation? Lol...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Roushman624 View Post
    Well I'm loving they added options for each persons taste it's really awesome. I know you've probably saw me say this before, but is there any news on gamepad steering animation? Lol...
    I think Ian said he had asked the team to unlock it.....now is this going to be in 3.0 or ever happen? Noone knows. It is not in the demo.
    Xbox One X!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    didnt know you could choose? i'd opt for stable framerate and no tearing over anything else
    The following user likes this Post: Zeem

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by OddTimer View Post
    I think Ian said he had asked the team to unlock it.....now is this going to be in 3.0 or ever happen? Noone knows. It is not in the demo.
    I don't know if the demo is a good representation of 3.0 but if it is it feels barely touched. I would hope they could do it like AC where you can choose how much rotation and customize it to your liking.

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It would at least be helpful to know what “Visuals” are improved with the Enhanced Visuals mode. Is it higher resolution textures, or longer draw distance, or just more spectators and trees, for example?
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Ixoye56, Naemlich, OddTimer, Roushman624

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by tarbat View Post
    It would at least be helpful to know what “Visuals” are improved with the Enhanced Visuals mode. Is it higher resolution textures, or longer draw distance, or just more spectators and trees, for example?
    Hopefully they put that in the patch notes.
    Xbox One X!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    All we would really need is resolution numbers. For example, 1080p for the "framerate" mode, 1440p or so for the "enhanced graphics" mode and/or 4K for the "resolution" mode. For example, I use a 1080p tv and although supersampling is awesome, I'd happily use a native 1080p presentation if it meant a locked 60 fps without any slowdown and screen tearing. Not that it's bad on One X right now as it really slows down only during extreme circumstances but it would be great to get even more performance out if it. Also the 3.0 patch is in the works for quite some time now, I hope Slightly Mad will be able to release it before my career disappears again.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by tarbat View Post
    My guess is longer draw distance.
    Sorry for my bad English
    XBOX ONE X Thrustmaster TX with TM Leather 28 GT - Pedals T3PA - Shifter TH8A - Wheelstand Pro DELUXE V2