Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferrari F488 GT3 - fast and stable base setup

Platform
    PC
    https://youtu.be/5fZYPDDUO1w?t=46s

I can't really try that right now, I guess it could be fun but I wonder how it could work. Anyway I link you to the gears grinding before the downshift protection, it looks way more stable and quicker when you could actually grind like that.

I don't pronounce myself on your setup. From not testing - and my experience - only this low rear downforce would make the car very unstable through corners. Can you try a same track with like 7 on the rear and tell me the difference you feel when finding the grip through the corner ? You should be able to give way more throttle and not lose that much speed into the straight lines.
    I would loose the front sway bar a bit.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    db thanks for sharing your setup, but since you're on PC, why don't you do a time trial lap with this setup, so us also PCers we can downloaded it directly by selecting you as ghost? A lot easier than copying/sort of pasting from the screenshot..

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    cpcdem, its my pleasure to share.

My main focus was really to help those who don't know much about setups but want to drive their Ferrari like they stole it.
    I thought it would be more useful posted here with notes and tips on balance. Means its also available to people on consoles
    as all they have to do is copy values, which doesn't actually take that long to do. Maybe I should post it in their forum as well.

I'm not a fan of time trials to be honest but will try to do some in the near future. Cheers .db.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I think that Edit tuning setup does not work properly. When I adjust something and save over existing file it just keeps the previous settings. Generally I think that the whole thing is very confusing. I want to save one car with different setting for each track and also for qual. and for the race. So it means 4 different saved setting for each car for each track. For example: 488 GT3 for Red Bull track:
    1. Slicks, 8l fuel qual
    2. Wets, 8l fuel qual
    3. Slicks 30l fuel race
    4. Wets 30l fuel race

And for each car and track the same. I am unable to save all that as presets.
    Also, as I said, I think the save does not work. Sometimes when I change something, nothing is saved and it is as if I saved nothing.
    Please someone from PC2 check this issue.
    I like the game but it is no fun because of this issue and way too complicated save methods to start a 5 laps race with 90l of fuel.
    PC1 was way simpler in these things.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    ^ Is this with the new Patch 3?
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Unfortunately it doesn't work well with the new patch. Its all of a sudden understeery as hell and got no grip.

Reading the changelog notes I see they changed some tyre physics and "balanced out" the GT3 class.

I'm having to make radical changes to my set to get it to work again but I'm getting there. I'll post the new set when done.

@ devs - please promise you won't be changing the physics on a regular basis?
    Its a real pain when our setups no longer work and we have to start over again.
    Even worse if we can't get back down to the laptimes we used to do.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: beatrunner, Gromran

Platform
    PC
    Yeah but it's called balancing for a reason.

I've did a lot of tweakings but no, the Ferrari is just a recipe for understeer. It's still very fast but you then find cars like the Huracan way more enjoyable again.