Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear changing without clutch

Platform
    PC

Question Gear changing without clutch

Hello

I have a CSW 2.5 with shifter connected through the wheel, and Fanatec pedals connected separately to my pc. All the controls work great and I have 'automatic clutch' turned off (I can confirm that feature is working because the game allows me to stall cars at a stop.) I also have the realism cranked up to 'full' / 'authentic' settings.

However when I drive cars with a manual gearbox I can freely change gears without using the clutch, with no ill effect or damage to the car. This is a huge immersion killer; what setting am I missing here to 'enforce' clutch use when selecting gears?

Thanks!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Alex1996, Vozim

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    You are probably driving a modern race car that has a sequential gearbox in real life.

Try to hop in a classic car and I think you should need the clutch.

I really prefer it that way, allows you to switch between shifter and clutch for classic cars and paddle shifters without a clutch for modern cars without having to change any setting.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Aldo Zampatti, pferreirag60, r_outsider

Platform
    PC
    I'll investigate this and report if necessary.
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

The following user likes this Post: cmch15

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    You are probably driving a modern race car that has a sequential gearbox in real life.

Try to hop in a classic car and I think you should need the clutch.

I really prefer it that way, allows you to switch between shifter and clutch for classic cars and paddle shifters without a clutch for modern cars without having to change any setting.
    And yes, you are correct it should behave like that. I'll validate
    Systems tested with Project CARS 2:
    Core i7 4790K - nVidia GTX 1080ti - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 7700HQ - nVidia GTX 1050 - 16GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i7 6700HQ - nvidia GTX 980m - 8GB RAM (Laptop)
    Core i5 4670K - 2x AMD 7970 - 16GB RAM (Desktop)
    Core i7 4700HQ - nVidia 970M - 16GB RAM - (Laptop)

Platform
    PC
    I've just tried out the 288 GTO, behavior is the same. And yea just to confirm my settings: Automatic Clutch "Off", Gearing "Manual"

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Maybe a silly question but do you have damage turned on?
    Asus P8Z68-V pro | 2600k @4.2Ghz | Asus Strix 970 | 16GB Ram | Win 10 64 | 24" @ 1900 x 1200 | G29 with Shifter

Platform
    PC
    Project CARS doesn't really "enforce" shifting without a clutch. If you time it right, you can do it without a clutch. However, what it does is sort of simulate you not being in gear if you try to do it too quick (i.e. it just revs).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    I can click into any gear as if I were at the arcade, without ever touching the clutch. And yep I am in "Full Damage" mode.
    The following user likes this Post: cmch15

Platform
    PC
    I'm noticing this as well. I can flick into any gear in an H pattern car at any rpm with full damage on and auto clutch off, don't even need to lift but doing that will blow your engine.
    i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | AMD HD 7970 | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cmch15, Satchel_Charge

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Project CARS doesn't really "enforce" shifting without a clutch. If you time it right, you can do it without a clutch. However, what it does is sort of simulate you not being in gear if you try to do it too quick (i.e. it just revs).
    I think Project Cars 2 should have gone down the Assetto Corsa phylosophy when it comes to these auto-clutch thing and throttle blipping assists, enforced in project cars even on manual gearing.

In Assetto Corsa, the system allows you to go waay faster through corners and catch every single slide (even on cold tyres) if you turn off auto-clutch and throttle blip assist both when you use paddles for shifting. I think Project Cars 2 should have had something, if not similar then identical to this, just as a matter of justice for all those who put more effort into things.