Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear changing without clutch

Platform
    PC
    https://youtu.be/H98vSNz6vrw

If the gearbox model was closer to reality and I had to slam shift in the game as I would with a real dog box, I'm pretty sure my G29 box would last about 5 laps.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryori San View Post

If the gearbox model was closer to reality and I had to slam shift in the game as I would with a real dog box, I'm pretty sure my G29 box would last about 5 laps.
    Get a TH8(or a Fanatec SQ) I almost lost races because I pull so hard on my TH8 it turns 45 degrees and I couln't fit it any thighter without a wrench(which I finally did).
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following user likes this Post: Ryori San

Platform
    XBOX1 X

I honestly thought my shifter looked fragile, and I really do smash it about, but so far, only six months, so good. I do look forward to a more expensive clunky model in the future if money is available.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following user likes this Post: Ryori San

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Get a TH8(or a Fanatec SQ) I almost lost races because I pull so hard on my TH8 it turns 45 degrees and I couln't fit it any thighter without a wrench(which I finally did).
    Yep! I'm saving up like a good boy!

(Trying to make the point about dog box shifting without a clutch more than the point that G29 boxes are soft)

Which one do you think is best?

you mean like this

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Pigmachine, Ryori San, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    you mean like this

Yep, and the video i posted (but failed to embed)

Platform
    PS4
    You know your shift action is precise when your timing is right and the gear slots in with finesse, and when you're back on the throttle there's zero delay or rev spike. Like a perfect sequential.

Back on topic: sure SMS are restricted in the visual damage aspect, but the mechanical failures could well be full sim mode with proper consequences to exploits eg over-revving and bad shifts, also slamming kerbs could destroy suspension in a lap or 3.

I was watching that YouTube video of McLaren F1's win at le Mans. During the practices sessions the drivers were hitting the kerbs and bent the lower A-arms of the front suspension! McLaren had to replace them with reinforced parts before qualifying.

Link to video: https://youtu.be/n8qyI7LmYrA
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Some users have had issues with some of the profiles now allowing changes to the default mapping. You can always try using the "Custom Wheel" profile, and try manually mapping your controls.
    it worked , thanks again .
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    it worked , thanks again .
    Thanks for posting back! It has been reported to SMS about this happening with certain profiles. Unfortunately, I don't have much more information than that but glad the workaround got you going for now.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    If the auto-clutch is always "on", then why can I stall the car?.
    From stationery is the only time the clutch is required in game, though it appears to be road cars in particular, we have already established. The few classic race cars I have tried do grind/crunch if you get it wrong. This just needs to extend to road cars too.

Quote Originally Posted by SB83 View Post
    If you have it set to manual clutch, the game should not allow you to shift clutchless for cars that didn't allow it in real life, simple as that.

Also, the sequential shift buttons should not work in cars with gated shifters and vice versa but in this game, I can use the paddles in a Ferrari 330P4 while I can go straight from 5th to 3rd in a GT4 car.
    I see what you're saying here, however that would exclude people without shifters. I would think most with paddles only would use auto clutch anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Almost any H-Shift car can be shifted without using the clutch IRL. Only exception is from a standstill. It's not easy and when you get it wrong you damage your gear box but it most certainly can be done.
    I don't think anybody has disputed this, but as has already been said, you cannot do clutch less shifts at just any engine speed, as we currently can.
    Last edited by cmch15; 14-02-2018 at 01:32.