Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time trial Leader board should be reset by Performance balancing.(v1.3.0.0)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by zwobot16 View Post
    I agree that if it's possible, leaderboards should be reset, at least for some cars. I've been testing Clio on my favourite tracks for a few hours now, and I can confirm that the car is much slower than before, and also easier to drive. There's probably no chance to get even close to the top of leaderboards now. If it stays like this for the next 1,5 years, than Time Trial becomes MUCH less atractive, at least for the cars that are slower now. Please guys, pretty please, let us have a great competition again.
    It should be possible to reset them as it got done in PC1.

It would be nice to heard from SMS on this as to whether they are looking at doing this or not, or is there some more tweaks to come soon so they are holding off resetting it at the moment?

It would just be nice to know where we stand.
    CPU: i7-8700K @ 4.9 GHz Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E RAM: 32GB DDR4 3000 MHz GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Dual Tower Storage: 500GB SSD, x2 2TB HDD Power Supply: Silverstone 1000W Case: Corsair Graphite Series 780T Black Monitor: HP 24" LP2475w Controllers: Logitech G27, Saitek X36, MFG Crosswinds

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It's already too late to reset the LB. If you reset them, you have to do it at the same time as the patch release, not days or weeks after when people already have posted times after the patch.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccoTTS View Post
    It's already too late to reset the LB. If you reset them, you have to do it at the same time as the patch release, not days or weeks after when people already have posted times after the patch.
    I agree it should have been, but the patch has only been out a couple of days so it's not too late at the moment.
    CPU: i7-8700K @ 4.9 GHz Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E RAM: 32GB DDR4 3000 MHz GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Dual Tower Storage: 500GB SSD, x2 2TB HDD Power Supply: Silverstone 1000W Case: Corsair Graphite Series 780T Black Monitor: HP 24" LP2475w Controllers: Logitech G27, Saitek X36, MFG Crosswinds
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Lplate, nasika

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    ...and it shouldn't be difficult to delete only pre-patch lap times. The date stamp is already available...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: nasika, Tbolt

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    ...and many of us still don't have the patch

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I'd prefer they didn't reset the leaderboards. Who's to say the cars won't get faster again in a future patch, and I don't want all of my time setting lap times on various cars and tracks to be wasted.

If they are going to do a reset, they should only do it for cars that have got noticeably slower after the patch and leave the rest alone. Or they could add an extra field in the times to show what patch version the time was set under so people can more accurately compare them when looking through the leaderboards.
    Motherboard: ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero Processor: Intel i7-7700K Memory: 16GB 3333MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Strix DirectCU II 4GB OS: Win10 x64 Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 512 GB SSD Controllers: Logitech G29, Fanatec V3i Pedals, Fanatec CS Handbrake v1.5 Other: HTC Vive, RS Dash, Voiceattack, OVRdrop

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Brado23 View Post
    I'd prefer they didn't reset the leaderboards. Who's to say the cars won't get faster again in a future patch, and I don't want all of my time setting lap times on various cars and tracks to be wasted.

If they are going to do a reset, they should only do it for cars that have got noticeably slower after the patch and leave the rest alone. Or they could add an extra field in the times to show what patch version the time was set under so people can more accurately compare them when looking through the leaderboards.
    Well unless they get faster by the exact same amount they got slower by, then the times already set are meaningless.

I've got a lot to loose with over 140 times set with over 30 1st places ( I've not done much recently as knowing the balancing was coming I expected a reset ) but a big part of the fun in hot lapping is seeing how well you can do against other drivers and it's no fun when they've had a faster car, so I would rather start again and be competive.
    Last edited by Tbolt; 01-12-2017 at 06:54.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, nasika

Platform
    PC
    For those that haven't seen this thread - with a change coming in the next patch I guess we will see how things change after that.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rsepower/page3
    The following user likes this Post: RoccoTTS

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    ...and it shouldn't be difficult to delete only pre-patch lap times. The date stamp is already available...
    cmd.text = "DELETE * FROM TT;"
    cmd.execute

There, fixed it for ya...